• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, not sure what to do here.

So yesterday, this huge white dove(pigeon? I don't know) came to my deck at my house and started eating some seeds I threw out the day before. It was beautiful to look at, so I was watching it before it decided to fly off.

Except it hasn't. It got scared off yesterday by some squirrel, but this morning when I woke up, he was back again, sitting on my porchlight for the past 4 hours since I saw him. He's just sitting there, pooping.

He has 2 tags on his feet. One is orange and one is green. There are markings on them, but I can't read them from my viewpoint.

What do I do with this thing? He is beautiful. Pure white, and just massive. Like, this thing isn't small at all. Did he escape from somewhere? Should I call someone. I don't want to shoo him away if he's scared. Never seen a bird like this in nature before.

I live in the GTA in Ontario Canada if that helps.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an escapee of some sort. Are there animal services you could call about it? Take a picture of the pigeon too, so that you can show it to anyone who asks.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It ate food at your doorstep, it's yours now

But yeah I'd take a pic and check with local wildlife places, maybe they can help

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
She is an escaped experiment. If you go outside and kiss her forehead she'll transform into your new pigeon princess waifu

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a watch bird. It was probably meant to be monitoring a lot somewhere near you but you screwed it up with the seeds so now it's hanging out by you.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Last edited:

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
It saves you a trip to the store.

dove-on-grill.jpg