• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

So your loaf of bread has mold. What do you do with it?

• Trash the entire loaf/throw it out for the ducks and birds to eat

Votes: 511 86.9%
  • Cut off the moldy parts and eat

Votes: 53 9.0%
  • Eat as is. A little penicillin never hurt anyone!

Votes: 24 4.1%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
Throw it the fuck away. Makes me sick just seeing it. I once had an idea to use a bread box. Well, I forgot about it and found it a month later. Never again.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's even a tiny bit of mold visible it means the entire bread is covered with tiny strings of mold. It doesn't matter if you cut away the small spots, the mold has already developed.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I throw away the entire portion. Last week I threw out an entire bagged loaf because it had around a dozen mold points on the outside of various slices.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
I toss it. Bread molds fast as fuck here. You got maybe 3 days at most even stored properly. Sucks but helps me eat less of it.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I compost, feed birds or bin it. I used to cut off the bad bits but then I realise that a lot of bacteria cannot be seen by the eye and I sure as hell am not going to carefully inspect each piece of bread. I am not in a situation where I need to consider eating it so I would rather not take any chances of getting sick at all.

After a day or two of fresh bread I fridge or freeze it these days.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If I were scrimping I'd cut off the mouldy bits and eat the rest. Food is food.

Otherwise out for the birds.

Although I don't eat bread. And when I did I portioned and froze to avoid this entirely.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
It depends on how much is on there. If it's just a little bit on the crust of one piece, I'll just rip it off and eat the rest of the bread. If a lot if the bread had mold on it though, I'll throw the bread away.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I've ever had a moldy bread issue, I usually go through bread pretty quickly once I buy it. I think I would toss the whole thing though. The idea of mold on food is absolutely repulsive to me. I understand that it's irrational to toss everything else even if there's only a bit of mold on it, but I just can't hang.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I throw all that shit out, some of the mold isn't visible. I think I actually learned this from Yakitate Japan...

OP
OP
perfectchaos007

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Thanks for the advice guys. I had made my sandwich today with the bread that came from a moldy loaf and decided to toss it and now I'm eating jack in the box instead. I had no idea that when mold is visible on a pourous food like bread, it actually has moldy roots all throughout. Close call

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Throw it to the birds. Bread is basically done if it's got mold on it. Nothing to salvage like you can with cheese.