• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which do you like better?

• Stands

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • Persona

Votes: 58 33.5%

• Total voters

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stands, because they're more interesting in just about every single way.

Personas are visually interesting, but that's about where it stops with them. Most have no personality of their own, have no unique gimmicks or powers of their own either. They just cast spells from the same pool of them that the entire party can get and the last few protags go through a bunch of them since they can equip basically any of them.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I like Stand's more, though I do love Persona's still.

I think the reason I like them more is their abilities. Persona's are cool but typically are basic in terms of what they can do whereas a Stand could literally do anything depending on it's abilities.

OP
OP
Gold Arsene

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people are just looking at Persona purely from a gameplay perspective.

I feel like if they could use more stuff from their designs they'd have more creativity. Like Milday's guns.
b11b3fb66ad5a8a4eea0329161f8bce1.jpg

I feel like this is why I want a P5 Arena as that allows them to get more creative with what they can do.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Stands. Are far more interesting and have crazy habilities. Persona (even the main persona from the main party) usually have generic attacks.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the Personas have cooler designs than the stands I've seen, but I like stands better. They have a lot more uses than Personas do.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, Stands are a manifestation of your fighting spirit while Personas are a manifestation of your inner self. If so, I would give it to Personas thematically. Stands are pretty varied in abilities for sure like others have said. I think I would give the edge to Personas in design though, Jiraiya and Mercurius are my favorite Persona designs, I don't have any Stand designs I like as much as them, though I admit that it's probably because I am just watching the dub and haven't read ahead in the manga.

Also OP, I see what you did there comparing the protagonist of Persona 4's Persona to JoJo Part 4's Stand and the same with Persona 5 being compared to JoJo Part 5.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Want my honest and unbiased opinion? Stands are basically punch ghosts, so I'mma go with Personas.

Also Hamon > Stands.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like Stands better than Quirks, but I like Personas better than Stands. I like how Personas are a manifestation of your personality, and how the protagonists tend to awaken to them after we see some personal growth from them.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
How are stands characters?

Other then odd ones like Anubis I mean?

How are Persona's just there? There directly tied to the characters personality.
They have individual traits due to their powers. Some can actually talk and have different personalities. Meanwhile, Personas can cast Zionga or whatever.

Personas are only tied to their master's personalities in the most obvious ways, and they're never actually relevant to the plot beyond their respective "awakening" cutscenes. There are no interesting conversations with them, or even random lore tidbits about them that you can read. They're just there.

(I love Persona as a franchise, by the way. I just don't see anything interesting in the Personas themselves.)

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Personas lost a lot of their 'oomph' once Philemon or whatever was like, "Y'all can't do summon here. Go inside the TV/Metaverse with that shit."

If I can't summon my Other Self whenever and whereever, then why bother? Gimme the Stand!

Blank+_fa909e14dc132476af57428045b21b73.jpg

Last edited:

P2PSelfPuppet

Jun 29, 2021
Consider that becoming a Stand user meant that I would either have to born naturally with it or piercing myself with an alien arrow that has a 50/50 chance of killing me or giving me Stand ability, realistically speaking, no I would rather not prefer to become a Stand user unless I am pressured to do so.

Becoming a Persona user is simple, you are either born with the ability or being experiment on like in Persona 1 to Persona 3, facing your dark self and accepting it in Persona 4, and having a rebellious resolve in Persona 5. Plus seeing how differently can Persona ability be achieved, it is safe to assume that in the future, gaining Persona ability could be even easier.

Sure, having a Stand ability that can shoot out bubbles or shift reality sounds cool, but the moment I acquire Stand ability, I would enter into the world of bizarre and I can very well say that I will be the one who dies first.