• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how many countries sell PS4s, but I'm going to assume 1-2 events in each one would meet that quota.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
10 Events in London. 2 Between Scotland and the benighted North. The land of my fathers can go whistle. Disabled peeps could watch E3, not so easy to roll up to whatever Sony thinks will replace it -_-
You do realise this is referring to the E3 show floor, right? They can host a conference on the internet any time they want.

Anyway, TBH I don't even think they'd need to include the mall or truck setups to reach 100, there are shitloads of big and small gaming/geek conventions all over the world that they'd presumably have some presence at. Like, just here in NZ I know they'll be at all four of the Armageddon conventions this year.

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is half of these hundreds of events is just them driving the Demo station trucks around to colleges and malls like they did with the Road to Greatness campaign.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Presumably they'll just be attending loads of other consumer shows in each region, like they already do. They can skip E3 but they'll still be on the show floor of Gamescom, TGS, EGX, Rezzed, PAX etc...

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
On the Easy Allies podcast they took it to mean that they'll be at Best Buy's and malls and kiosks demoing the PS5 across the country/countries so people can come and check it out for themselves.

That's a good strategy to decentralize the showcase, but bring the showcase to you. If that's what they're going for.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
its been weird to see north american outlets get confused on what that means, because many people think there arent hundreds of consumer events around the world, when they do exist. Shows how little they care about the gaming market outside the US

Ghifari77

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
its been weird to see north american outlets get confused on what that means, because many people think there arent hundreds of consumer events around the world, when they do exist. Shows how little they care about the gaming market outside the US

this

it's literally just what they said, like what they already do. there are tons of gaming conventions all over the world. this world didn't just consist of US, EU, and Japan

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I think they will be participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe
It doesn't seem that difficult to interpret. They will participate in hundreds of consumer events across the globe.
it means they will be participating in hundreds of consumer events across the globe this year

Oh you.gif

Lol.

I'm thinking since Sony is transitioning to a third party publisher that they will be showing off some of the first party ports at Nintendo and MIcrosoft's events.

Very underrated post right here.

Expecting a Sony gaming PC reveal event to run along side the PS5 reveal.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
lol, but hundreds of events do not exist. So this has got to be something they're going to be doing. The question is what will that something be?
Source? Because there are 195 countries in the world... And many events happens each year in many countries.

fMv8DCH.gif

Last edited:

mute

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Buy kiosk thing they did for PSVR would probably be considered hundreds of events.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
lol, but hundreds of events do not exist. So this has got to be something they're going to be doing. The question is what will that something be?

What do you mean? Of course they exist. There are many small gaming events in many countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand etc that rarely appeared on the major news.

OP
OP
vivftp

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Source? Because there are 195 countries in the world... And many events happens each year in many countries.

fMv8DCH.gif
What do you mean? Of course they exist. There are many small gaming events in many countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand etc that rarely appeared on the major news.

Covered earlier in the thread šŸ˜ƒ
There are hundreds of events, but I think the kiosk thing is what they're aiming for

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm interested in seeing how this will play out. Sounds great if it actually happens that way.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it means Sony are gonna walk out on stage, dick in hand, and tell the crowd to suck it because Sony bought the Silent Hill IP and are bringing Silent Hills back exclusively for PS5.

Or it means they'll appear at trade shows, put up kiosks, appear at fighting game tourneys etc.
If the first thing happens.. I actually don't know what I would do. It would be greatness.