• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think you are right, I don't think I should have done this thread, or I should have done it with other approach. I don't think I should ask you this but how can I close a thread? I don't see how can I do that
You just report your OP and say you want to close the thread.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
How many times/ways are people gonna ask this?

It's gonna blow over. Smash fans (and Melee fans specifically) are not as important as they all seem to think they are and it makes no difference to Nintendo.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I think a more accurate statement is "Don't run a tournament using emulators under a brand previously sponsored by Nintendo" (The Big House folks did not look for money or sponsorship from Nintendo for this iteration of the event), but agree with everything else you've said in this thread.
But they did. Nintendo was sponsoring the event. It's why Nintendo asked them to not stream Slippi/Melee in the first place.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I guarantee if Melee is ever ported or released, the changes in input latency for HD TVs alone will ensure it's rejected by the competitive community.

I've always sort of thought this in the back of my head. Even if there was a port of Melee proper, there would be some sort of issue that would throw the game off for the competitive scene, so they'd just stick with GCN version anyways.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Smash community should get its own house in order before making unreasonable demands of Nintendo.

No shit, Nintendo don't want to support an event that requires a modified ISO of Melee for all entrants. It's utterly childish to expect them to be okay with that.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Nintendo's not going to budge on Slippi so they'll just have to wait until they can have in-person tournaments again.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But they did. Nintendo was sponsoring the event. It's why Nintendo asked them to not stream Slippi/Melee in the first place.

People also seem to have unrealistic expectations of what Nintendo "leaving them alone" would be.

One of the complaints is that Nintendo left companies like Red Bull hanging when it came to doing a licensing deal for Red Bull to fund a league - the expectation seemingly being that Nintendo stepping back from any involvement would allow that to happen whereas something like that could never happen without Nintendo's permission.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It will get more obscure, smaller and/or die off. The only way to continue is complete opposite of growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.