• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
i want deeper exploration system. the first game really tried to not be the cliche open world type of game by minimalizing HUD and removing markers and creating the wind system. that was a good effort, but after a few hours it became... just the same as other open world games? the fun aspect of discovering stuff is not just finding them without markers, they have to be more rewarding and suprising too. the world needs more depth and variety than the first one. at least it's the thing i want the most from the sequel. cuz i know they want the exploration to be unique. i want them to go even wilder.

what do you want from Tsushima 2?

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Different animals to follow

The foxes are cute, but it's just them the whole game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
  • A massive time jump ahead, two hundred years or more.
  • NOT being set on Tsushima Island again. This is integral.
  • No more Mongols for the enemies. Make the antagonists a rival samurai or ninja clan, rather than an occupying force of foreigners.
  • Dual katana fighting style.
  • Secret encounters against yokai that are only POSSIBLY actually happening in the real world but still unlock new techniques and abilities for the player when cleared.
  • At least one full-sized city, with actual things to do there you can't find in the wilderness.
  • An animal companion you can summon to help you in combat or in stealth.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Better AI with enemies that are actually fun to fight
Compelling exploration that leads to rewards better than charms
Actual cutscene direction for side missions
No guided exploration in the form of foxes
A story that doesn't only start to get interesting in the last chapter
Side quests with memorable stories that involve less Batman detective mechanics/trailing missions
Fully fleshed out ninja-esque stealth befitting of a character called the "Ghost of Tsushima" instead of gameplay that feels more balanced to the samurai side
Lock on from the start

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
  • Realistic dismemberment, cuts, and blood
  • Much higher quality textures, while Ghost of Tsushima was pretty, I found that it was mostly the foliage that was carrying it. The actual textures were very lackluster and probably some of the worst of PlayStation first party last gen
  • Better cutscenes/dialogues so the camera doesn't have to be 100 feet away since the lip sync is spotty
  • More unique - good - side quests, I really don't have to get a fox to show me to a shrine 50 times
  • I would like to see a proper, dense city.
  • More unique enemies with better AI
  • More reasons to explore, nothing really pushed me to explore outside of seeing a fox or bird
  • Some super natural shit

Last edited:

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I get that he's a samurai but different weapons like spears, 2 handed swords, etc would be welcome. Maybe it would even make a PvP duel mode possible. That would be amazing

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
  • A massive time jump ahead, two hundred years or more.
  • NOT being set on Tsushima Island again. This is integral.
  • No more Mongols for the enemies. Make the antagonists a rival samurai or ninja clan, rather than an occupying force of foreigners.
  • Dual katana fighting style.
  • Secret encounters against yokai that are only POSSIBLY actually happening in the real world but still unlock new techniques and abilities for the player when cleared.
  • At least one full-sized city, with actual things to do there you can't find in the wilderness.
  • An animal companion you can summon to help you in combat or in stealth.
ohhh i like this.

Sep 23, 2018
Or just get rid of the wind system... it's shit

Whatever you're smoking...I don't want it.

The wind system was so simple but effective and meant I wasn't glued to a mini map or big onscreen marker. I'm not the biggest fan of GoT but that's one thing I thought was done really well and thought other games could have their own version of.

As far as a sequel is concerned, I would mostly like more combat variety and a different sort of landscape to explore. Time jump / different time period and setting.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better exploration. I liked following the wind but it felt like most times my eyes were locked on yellow birds.

I race through the scenery in Tsushima and it never compels me to explore.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Um...I guess improved Japanese VA + Subtitles.

When I played Sekiro, I chose the japanese dub as default and played with subtitles nad never had trouble following scenes.

WIth GoT, you were constantly doing stuff while characters talked to you, so it was harder to look at subtitles with japanese dub while you played the game. Additionally, they never subtitled the japanese dialogue from peasants and random NPC's, so if you didn't speak japanese, you had no idea what they were saying. Plus, of course, there was the lip sync issue, but that was patched later, so that's not too bad, but it was a problem for me when I played it.

I hope they find a way to better incorperate Japanese VA with subtitles for us filthy gaijin that want to nevertheless have full weeb experience.

Other than that, other weapons besides katana would be nice. And maybe screw the historical realism thing and just go full on fantasy.

Even faster load times.
I agree. The game should load atleast an hour before I even press the button for where I want to go.

Aug 13, 2019
I'm playing Etrian Odyssey IV right now, and what I've come to rediscover is that I don't want map markers. I'd like to mark relevant areas on the map on my own. I loved it in BOTW, I currently love it in Etrian Odyssey, and I'm sure it'd be great in Ghost of Tsushima.

Preferably with an optional toggle to just do it automatically for those that don't have that thrill for adventure.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I race through the scenery in Tsushima and it never compels me to explore.
Because the topography of Tsushima simply isn't conducive to open world exploration. Every section of the map is really boring and relatively flat looking. There is nothing to lead the eye a la BOTW/Elden Ring/any open world with verticality and depth.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
As much as I'm fed up with these samey, open world games and GoT being the perfect example of that, I loved it. Loved the world, the combat and the visuals. More of the same with a much more fleshed out combat and stealth system would be fine by me.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Make the Ghost canon and skip way forward, playing as a filthy assassin group member on the mainland. Basically backdoor Assassins Creed Japan.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Larger towns/cities for sure. I'm guessing the sequel will go to mainland Japan this time when the next Khan attacks, so a lot of potential there for big cities. Also would love to see more large scale battles like the Battle of Yarikawa, but even bigger than that.

I'd also like to see more of a variety of weapons beyond just the swords. Spears, kusarigama, etc. Maybe also some lootable weapons out in the open world too beyond just finding customizable sheathe colors like the first game.

They could definitely work on making the open world a bit less of a checklist in general though. I know a lot of people found it repetitive. Maybe not as many Fox Dens lol. I actually liked most of the open world activities in the first game, and didn't really mind the Fox Dens overall, but there were way too many to the point it just got to be annoying seeing them so frequently.

Otherwise I just want more of the same but just more fleshed out and fine tuned. They've got the formula down pretty well and I loved the world they've built. Give me more duels too because those were some of the best moments of the game.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
More variety. There's nothing interesting in the world. It's just enemy camps, fox dens, shrines, haiku spots etc littered around.

After 5 hours you've seen everything and then the game goes on for another 50.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
To not exist and to have that engine used for BOTW3.

But really, I can't think of much. I like the idea mentioned earlier of having a city. Maybe some more mountainous terrain? Go total opposite and put the game in Hokkaido or something?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
  • Proper stealth.
  • More enemy variety (having a more modern, mainland setting would help a lot).
  • More animal and enemy formation variety (you always find the same line-ups, felt really gamey).
  • Better presentation for most of the cutscenes. Make the game's gorgeous visuals justice, essentially.
  • A more interesting story, perhaps.
  • Maybe a big central city, yeah. Similar to how Assassins' Creed approaches those in terms of size and verticality.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
spirit/religion horror

i want GoT2 to be a remake of Cosmology of Kyoto but with combat

Apr 2, 2021
This game was like, ok. I played 20 hours and didn't regret the majority of those but felt 100% fine putting it down. I think what it needs is better writing. Characters that are actually memorable and good stories to get involved in. I know it was inspired by classic samurai movies, but if this story was a samurai movie it would be by far the worst I had ever seen.

Almost all of those samurai movies had fun parts and humor as well as drama, and that was severely lacking in the story of the game. There was sadness and despair, but it was hard to judge if it was actually effective because it all blurred together.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Supernatural elements and Yokai.

Use Horizon Forbidden West as a blueprint on how to make an excellent sequel.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
A new main character.

I don't think creating an open world series of games that requires you've played every game in the series is a good idea. I still haven't bought Forbidden West because I can't remember where the last game left off and don't want to replay a 60+ hour game just to refresh my memory.

I've already forgotten most of the plot of GoT1.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Ditch the rock-paper-scissors stance system. It took all the fun and decision making out of combat.

To be clear, stances are nice, but not ones that just hard counter a specific enemy type.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I don't really mind the shrines/foxes etc as I can just ignore them, but more engaging combat please. Either scrap the stance system or make it meaningful. Slapping on correct stance and spamming heavy attack over and over again got boring fast, normal attack being pretty much useless unless hitting bow dudes or following a dodge/counter. Tedium got to the point where I would just open with the chained qte kills in to just bowing down rest of the camp to get it over with asap.
The combat was honestly the biggest disappointment for me