TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
In fighting games you have this term called Hit Boxes.

Hit Boxes is an invisible box-like area that when penetrated, counts as a "hit". While other games have Hit Boxes that are insane (see TF2), Fighting Games are often the biggest genre when it comes to arguments regarding Hitboxes so my question to you is which Fighting Game/Charcter has the most ridiclous hitboxes.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Kirby Up Tilt in Smash 64
200px-Kirby_Up_Tilt_Hitbox_Smash_64.gif

Jigglypuff Back Air in Smash Melee

Snake Up Tilt in Smash Brawl
Snake_Up_Tilt_Hitbox_Brawl.gif

Cloud Up Air in Smash Wii U
9f37d9eb85704b9add06b342603e136635c9f734v2_00.jpg

EDIT: Pictures added

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This conversation has to be had in tandem with hurt boxes. In a lot of cases you'll find those moves you think are annoying with crazy hit boxes are really the move having a decent hit box but incredibly favorable hurt box. Not the worse case but because it's the most recent a lot of Street Fighter V players are complaining about Seth's dive kick.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Vega in SF5 because to this day I cannot comprehend how SHC can't decide whether it wants to whiff or not. Sometimes it will whiff despite it not whiffing on the same setup a moment before, and the Vega discord is an eternal quest to understand what the christ makes it whiff.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I recently got into SFV and is it just me or are all the hitboxes kinda tiny? It was frustrating at first when I saw my kicks going through the foot of somebody.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Elena is Ultra. Literally broken.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This conversation has to be had in tandem with hurt boxes. In a lot of cases you'll find those moves you think are annoying with crazy hit boxes are really the move having a decent hit box but incredibly favorable hurt box. Not the worse case but because it's the most recent a lot of Street Fighter V players are complaining about Seth's dive kick.
Fair enough

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Sentinels spinning body splash crossup from xmen children of the atom was so busted they stripped him of the move for life.
Hurtbox was well above the hitbox and the hitbox rapidly shifted left and right so even the player couldnt tell you which direction was needed to block this massive crossup that worked even in the corner.

ebNzwGp.jpg
VkpTv7x.gif

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Finding out that Snake's insane Brawl hitboxes possibly came from having his character model shrunk during development was a hell of a thing, arguably explains his weight to.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
God this bullshit hurt so bad come ultimate. He was already good why did he need so many fucking buffs!? Arthur, Hsien Ko? Lol...naw dawg buff doom.

Wolverine just came off an od divekick that got nerfed and they decided to add buffs to another one.

Gotta say though that massive pc mod that came out for umvc3?
*chefs kiss*
So many changes done right.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I recently got into SFV and is it just me or are all the hitboxes kinda tiny? It was frustrating at first when I saw my kicks going through the foot of somebody.

It's bad. Mostly because hurtboxes don't extend

giphy.gif

Then you have this BS
giphy.gif

Shout out to Mika's AA that she can use after jumping over her throw
GZhLV3t.png

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
lmao its this. I still have nightmares about this character. So many reverse OCVs after a stray hit.

God this bullshit hurt so bad come ultimate. He was already good why did he need so many fucking buffs!? Arthur, Hsien Ko? Lol...naw dawg buff doom.

Wolverine just came off an od divekick that got nerfed and they decided to add buffs to another one.

Gotta say though that massive pc mod that came out for umvc3?
*chefs kiss*
So many changes done right.

Tbh he was pretty bad in vanilla.

Last edited: