deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Final Fantasy - the 13 sequels, 14 (yes I know its good for an MMO, but I don't WANT a subscription MMO), and now especially the debacle around 15- ALL that time for THAT product which isn't an rpg, and it wasn't even a good open world game. But yeah, they lost me, from really getting excited anymore. 7 remake is around the bend, and I guess i'm kind of distantly following it, but I"m certainly not all that excited.

The thing is, they COULD get me back, just go back to the roots and make an actual jrpg with jrpg mechanics, but given the direction they are taking FF7 remake (more open world actiony stuff, and painfully splitting it into a few games which we'll be lucky if all are released in 10 years, will we even have this complete by the end of the PS5's life?), and of course when will we ever see FF16, and will it even be worth a crap?

FRS1987

Oct 31, 2017
New Jersey
Final fantasy. X-2 and XII is where i felt my passion kinda disapate. Luckily games like bravely default, 4 heroes of light and world of final fantasy feel more like final fantasy games than XII, XIII games and XV ever did. I did enjoy XIII-2 though

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Soulsborne, I loved Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls and then I've played less and less of each game since then. I played maybe 8-10 hours of Sekiro. It's not just From's games either Nioh, The Surge, all of them. The only Souls like I could get through was Jedi Fallen Order.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For me it was all of the Bemani games - Beatmania, DDR, and Pop'n music primarily. In the PS2 heyday I was obsessed - all my gaming time went to them, I have the offical ASCs for IIDX and Pop'n, and just about every CS release (I don't have IIDX 15: DJ Troopers for some reason).

Now here we are in a world where we are on IIDX27 and I don't even know what number Pop'n Music. Konami abandoned their home music game users HARD after the PS2 era. And while I too believe that the games are better experienced in the arcades, I live in the US where playing AC releases was not possible until Round1 started opening stores nation-wide in 2013-2014. Buuuuut here we are in 2020 and the closest one is a 6 hour drive away from Tampa just outside Atlanta, so even that is not an option.

There are so many amazing music games now like Nostalgia, Wacca, MaiMai, modern IIDX cabinets with a US localization and 120Hz screens, and yet I don't give two fucks because I have literally no way to play them that doesn't cost a couple hundred bucks a pop (travel, hotel, credits). I miss my music games, but my enthusiasm for them has been killed outside of the ones I CAN play, like Taiko, Project Diva, and DJ Max.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of games. There was a time that my favorite game was Final Fantasy. I didn't even buy the last one on PS4. Same for Street Fighter. Now I don't even really play fighters anymore. Same for Megaman. Megaman 2 was at the time of its release the best game around. But by the time of Megaman 6 my passion for the series died out. I think another big one was Sonic. When Sonic came out for me it made Mario look outdated. And now other than Mania I have no desire to play any more Sonic games, where Mario games are still day 1 purchases for me for the most part.

I never followed Call of Duty obsessively, but I was into that on the PS3 along with FIFA and but I only bought one FIFA game this generation.

Honesty it is really, really hard to keep a gaming franchise go for an extended period of time. Most have their time in the sun and then flame out.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Metal Gear Solid.

After 4 I was done and had no hype at all for anything that was announced. Still haven't played 5 and am not sure if I will.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
Myst. Played the first two games and read the novels. Lost interest by the time Myst 3 came out. I idd eventually play it, but didn't bite on Myst 4.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
GTA.

that was crazy. i was so proud of it because it was made right here in my own city. i grew up playing games they made well before GTA came about. in high school me and my friends played it on PC every day after school in the late 90's. GTA3 was amazing and so was VC/SA but it went downhill with IV. it wasn't a bad game but it couldn't live up to 3/VC/SA games. GTA V was cool but when Rockstar started focusing entirely on the MP then i just lost interest.

Another would be CoD. i didn't really play that for long. Played 2, 3, 4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops but after that i lost interest. I tried playing Infinite Warfare but it bored me and I just forgot about CoD

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Breath of the Wild and the continued direction has made me not follow the Zelda development updates with the same excitement. Now it's just a conveyor belt IP.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Devil May Cry.

Back in 2001-2009 I would religiously follow the game and the fanbase. After playing DMC4 my interest was rapidly fading. I now find the more environment/map heavy, RPG like action adventure games like FromSoft/Nioh more up my alley now. I bought DMC5 and didn't feel interested in continuing after 2 hours in.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Pokemon
They were a large part of my childhood, and I obsessed over Gen 1 and 2. My love of the franchise was reignited by Black and White, but the series went in an odd direction with the 3DS games and they ended up losing me. I keep playing them, but I am really not enjoying them at all, and it ends up feeling like an obligation.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
Half-Life used to be my whole life man. I'd wake up every single day and log onto the steam forums to check out what people were saying. As the years passed, it was incredibly sad watching all these super dedicated fans slowly lose passion for the game they loved so much. When Valve finally decided to close the site in 2017, the folks who were still there felt nothing but disdain and indifference for both the studio and franchise.

Even now with HL:A coming soon, I can't bring myself to get too excited about it. It's just not in me no more.