Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gained : respect and love for glorious Nippon. I would like to move there someday and work in videogames.

Lost: respect for western games. They're not creative and their gameplay sucks. All they care about is presentation. Thank god for Glorious Nipponese games.

Dec 14, 2017
I sometimes wonder whether handheld and mobile gaming is to blame for my reading so few books in my 20s. I'm glad I read more these days.
Handhelds are indeed a powerful replacement for a lot of things you'd normally do. I currently have a long commute and instead of bringing my Switch I've been reading more frequently, have gone through several book already. But now that I think about it, I never had a huge portion of my life where I didn't read semi-frequently.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Gained
- Friends
- A career
- Memories that'll last a lifetime

Lost
- The ability to focus on important things that actually matter that do not concern friends, family and my career
- Literally everything else that could possible be deemed useful

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
Friends, fun, and skills. I've learned more English from games than in I did in six years of high school. I wrote for several magazines about games for about ten years, which was an awesome hobby during university. Then I got a PhD in video games (that had hardly anything to do with my current job). Now games just give me entertainment and relaxation.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Lost years of my life I could have instead used to pursue more important endeavors. Literally nothing good has come from gaming for me.