Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Alastor

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • Devil Sword Dante

Votes: 40 25.3%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Throughout Devil May Cry Dante has a primary sword that is his main/default weapon throughout the game. Out of all of them which one is the best in terms of lore, looks, gameplay etc.

Rebellion:

latest

Sparda/Force Edge:

latest

latest

Alastor:

latest

Devil Sword Dante:

latest

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Devil Sword Dante is pretty wild for what it can do as a single weapon.

Thematically I also like that when a Devil becomes powerful enough, it gets a weapon named after them.

Which begs the question- "Devil Sword Vergil" when? Or does he needs... More... Power...?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rebellion is okay I guess. I'm not sure I really like the look of Dante's swords.

IMO DMC5 Red Queen is the coolest looking sword in the franchise

latest

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Rebellion is the most reliable, Alastor is cool as hell, but Devil Sword Dante is the hardest shit from a lore perspective and it's super fun to use.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Of course it's Devil Sword Dante. That weapon fixed every single issue I had left with Dante by making his weapons and styles feel perfectly in balance.

Rebellion is far cooler looking but I'll take the gameplay improvements.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Devil Sword Dante is the best from a gameplay perspective, bar none. Rebellion is the best visually though since I don't like how wide DSD is.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Force Edge has always been my favorite, aesthetically speaking. Looks the most like an actual longsword would.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Rebellion is a classic, but kind of plain. That might be the point though, like to focus the action on the character instead of the weapon. Dante's og weapons outside of Ifrit aren't that flashy really, the shotgun is just a shotgun for example.

I'll echo the sentiment that Red Queen is probably the best weapon design in the series. It's crazy how much they nailed Nero's arsenal for the first time out, Red Queen and Blue Rose are just awesome weapons both in visuals and feel.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Out of Dante's swords, I like Force Edge or Alastor the best visually and Devil Sword Dante best for function.

The best sword is the Red Queen though, hands down.

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
Devil Sword is it for me.

But it bugs me that it has an aerial combo that doesn't require a switch to swordmaster. Which, as annoying as it is, was a huge part of what differentiates Dante's gameplay from Nero's.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
It's fucking Alastor, obviously. It's a modern day tragedy that it didn't come back in at least DMC V. Excuse me while I go fly around and shoot lightning out of my hands.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Alastor has a special place because lighting powers are always cool, it was clearly too cool to ever return.

DSD is obviously the best gameplay wise but I don't care much for the look.

Rebellion is the best "basic sword" weapon looks wise.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Always, always loved the Sparda's crazy metal design and moving blade when you throw it. Looks like it should be in Bloodborne.