Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terminator since we're talking about the films he directed. Aliens is a close, close second. Those films were when he was super hungry as a filmmaker.

My favorite James Cameron story is Strange Days, though.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aliens or Terminator 2.

He really doesn't have any average films aside from Avatar. And even that one's still pretty good.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
T2 is the best action film ever made.

But the answer is Titanic. That shit is a masterpiece.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
It's always a toss up between T2 and aliens for me. Its near impossible to seperate them. Also pretty much every movie he has made is at least good with most being great. I hope avatar 2 is a return to form, I don't hate avatar but I'd say it's probably my least favourite Cameron movie.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
T2 is a better movie than T1984 in every single way

wrong.gif

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
That sense of dread, tho.

When Terminator was still an R-rated horror franchise with thematic depth.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm actually flabbergasted at the fact that I can't find 'The Abyss' or 'True Lies' on Blu Ray or via streaming sites. I still haven't seen the former and I haven't seen the latter in forever.

*edit*

The blu rays don't exist apparently.

Oct 26, 2017
T1 for me, but that's mostly because when I saw it I had no fucking clue what my friends were taking me to see.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
T2 but for some reason, over the years I have more fondness thinking about True Lies than many of his other films that I liked more when they first came out (Abyss, Aliens, Terminator).

Maybe because it was his most fun action film with a fun premise and a big budget in a way Cameron knows how to pull off and the last film of that type that we got from him. Post-True Lies Cameron still is a well-made filmography, but just does have the same inventiveness, regardless of how long he works on Avatar films for.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
T2 is the only one that ever really gobsmacked me. if it weren't for Titanic and Avatar blowing up he'd just be the T2 guy to me and i doubt i'd even know him by name.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I rewatched Aliens the other day and boy was it silly. The "macho" marine act by the crew was ridiculous and Bill Paxson had such an annoying voice.

The answer to this question is Terminator 2. That movie holds up well even today and has a completeness to it that fee movies do.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone saying Avatar is nuts.

Not even close to Aliens or either Terminator.

Layth

Oct 27, 2017
*looks at avatar*

The special edition of The Abyss is my favorite. However, Terminator 2 is my most watched movie.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aliens is the template for modern action movies, so I'd argue it's his most important. Does that make it his best? I dunno.

My favorite is T2. (T1's low budget kills it, unfortunately.)

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I haven't watched the original Terminator, I'll just say this:

Aliens > Terminator 2 > True Lies > The Abyss > Avatar

Either way, James Cameron can do no wrong for me in the action genre.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like a fun question to ask on a date.

"Count of three. Favorite Cameron movie."

Both blurting at same time: "there's something about mary!" "Abyss!"

*awkward silence*