Votes: 55 19.2%
  • N3DS XL

Votes: 135 47.2%
  • N2DS XL

Votes: 86 30.1%

• Total voters

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
3DS XL is the only way my hands don't end up feeling like they're going to cramp up, set on fire, and fall off. I got one of those grippy bois to further aid in comfort.

Whenever I play handhelds I wish I could shrink my hands/body down and be smol enough to get the most out of portable gaming.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't care about 3D, N2DS XL all the way. If you want 3D, I would recommend the N3DS, but with how widely ranging the quality on the screens is it might be hard to find one.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, hence I mentioned it's in US. Not sure if Canada works there. I think you might be able to get someone to ship one out to you.
I already have 5 of these, I think. I don't need another ;-) I was just interested in checking the listings, that's all. I know these can be hard to come by in NA because they didn't get generally release like we had in Europe. The first one was the Animal Crossing bundle, I think. All of my 3DS games were NTSC-U, so I had to import it. I remember being gutted when NoA originally released just the XL. So I made sure I got the AC one when it released. I even ordered a few more when others became available to keep as back-ups!

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
XL imo. To me they all aren't that bad but aesthetically I prefer the XL. I would have loved the 2DS XL if it didn't have two black voids of plastic space at the side of the top screen. Pic related, copped two pearl white 3DS XLs capable of playing NA games because I love the system so much.

3625-FEB6-25-C7-4-A8-F-847-B-2-A414649520-D.jpg

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I've owned every model of the 3DS and I like my N3DS with dual IPS screens the most.

Cube

May 18, 2018
I have the New 3DS (upgraded from the OG 3DS) but I'd recommend the 2DS XL in 2019. I'm pretty sure the OG 2DS and the 2DS XL are the only ones that aren't discontinued anyway.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
I have every version except the slate 2ds. I take my N3DS to work every day. I like the xl too, but the regular N3DS is my favorite. I have a dual ips version of both the regular N3DS and the xl. Pokémon anniversary edition had the best dual ips chance, I believe. My dual xl is the Majora's mask edition.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I have a N3DS, Love the faceplates (bought the AC:HHD one and Kirby faceplate), too bad they didn't sell many faceplates when it released, I still really want the Boo and Japanese Nintendo one but I'm not paying scalper prices. The SNES colored-buttons were a major reason also.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
XL imo. To me they all aren't that bad but aesthetically I prefer the XL. I would have loved the 2DS XL if it didn't have two black voids of plastic space at the side of the top screen. Pic related, copped two pearl white 3DS XLs capable of playing NA games because I love the system so much.

3625-FEB6-25-C7-4-A8-F-847-B-2-A414649520-D.jpg
Where did you get those, are they Middle Eastern systems or something?

Lilyth

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
I feel like the N2DS XL is pretty uncomfortable. Pushing both shoulder buttons at the same time is basically impossible, and the 3D stick has no grip which is annoying.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Yup but they can use NA carts with no problem, same goes for NA 3DS' using U.A.E games. The seller is world deals on ebay. I bought them when they were 200 each but they have since inflated the price for obvious reasons.
Thanks. I heard about these models a while back but forgot all about them. I may keep an eye out for a decent deal.

HavakPkmn

Feb 13, 2019
Manchester
I don't own one myself as it came out too late for me with the Switch on the horizon and already owning a 3DS XL, but I think the 2DS XL is the best design-wise and probably offers the overall best bang-for-buck (along with the regular 2DS). The 3D is largely pointless bar a few games and even then it's something you can do without. I don't know why 3DS XL is winning the poll as the 2DS XL offers everything bar 3D at a cheaper price point. It's well worth the trade off IMO.

singo

Nov 5, 2017
I don't own one myself as it came out too late for me with the Switch on the horizon and already owning a 3DS XL, but I think the 2DS XL is the best design-wise and probably offers the overall best bang-for-buck (along with the regular 2DS). The 3D is largely pointless bar a few games and even then it's something you can do without. I don't know why 3DS XL is winning the poll as the 2DS XL offers everything bar 3D at a cheaper price point. It's well worth the trade off IMO.
Yeah I wanted to buy a 2DSXL when my O3DSXL stopped working. Unfortunately I stumbled over a deal on the Solgaleo/Lunala N3DSXL and bought that because it is pretty. I still think the 2DSXL would have been a better console, but looks matter I guess.

Edit: But I have not used 3D on my DS for many years, so the lack of it is not a factor to me.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Just switched from my Fates n3DS XL to the Mario Kart Green n2DS XL bundle. My n3DS suffered from a loose stylus holder and while the 2DS XL does feel cheap in comparison with the plastic volume slider and poor speaker position being the major downsides I like how light it is in comparison to the other XL models.

Ive owned every 3DS model apart from the 2DS and if you don't mind the smaller screens the original n3DS is definitely the best model for weight, build quality and the faceplates.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
The ambassador model (first 3DS model) is the best. Has 10 exclusives GBA games only available on that model. :P

That's not how it works. If you have the ambassador certificate, you can transfer it to any 3/2DS system. That means you can have the ambassador GBA games even on a New 2DS XL if you have the certificate.

The only limitation is, if you transfer to a New system, you can't transfer back to an OG system.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
That's not how it works. If you have the ambassador certificate, you can transfer it to any 3/2DS system. That means you can have the ambassador GBA games even on a New 2DS XL if you have the certificate.

The only limitation is, if you transfer to a New system, you can't transfer back to an OG system.
But who would want to transfer to the OG after transferring to a New model? OG is the least comfortable of the 3DS models, I reckon.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New 3DS XL has better battery life, and the bigger screen looks great for pixel-art style games like Sega's 3D remakes (Outrun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc). However games that strive for more realistic and detailed 3D graphics like Monster Hunter look worse than on the smaller New 3DS

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
But who would want to transfer to the OG after transferring to a New model? OG is the least comfortable of the 3DS models, I reckon.

OG means all the original systems, including 3DS XL and 2DS.

New 3DS XL has better battery life, and the bigger screen looks great for pixel-art style games like Sega's 3D remakes (Outrun, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone, etc). However games that strive for more realistic and detailed 3D graphics like Monster Hunter look worse than on the smaller New 3DS

New 2DS XL has great battery life, I'm pretty sure the hardware is more power efficient than on N3DS XL. It lasts really long even with wireless connections on, and if you turn wireless connections off, it's like, does this thing ever run out of battery?

faint

Oct 27, 2017
I own way more 3DS than I'd like to admit, but I'd go n3DS (my personal pick and favorite) or n2DS XL.

OP
OP
ObbyDent

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
OG means all the original systems, including 3DS XL and 2DS.

New 2DS XL has great battery life, I'm pretty sure the hardware is more power efficient than on N3DS XL. It lasts really long even with wireless connections on, and if you turn wireless connections off, it's like, does this thing ever run out of battery?
2DS XL has smaller mAh than the n3DS XL. On Nintendo's website it's listed to have a 3.5 - 6 hour battery life vs. 3.5 - 7 on n3dsxl

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
2DS XL has smaller mAh than the n3DS XL. On Nintendo's website it's listed to have a 3.5 - 6 hour battery life vs. 3.5 - 7 on n3dsxl

Where'd you find that comparison? I can only find 2DS and 2DS XL on Nintendo's site anymore.

And yes the battery is smaller but it also lasts really long. My guess is that N2DS XL simply draws less power than N3DS XL, but that's just a guess. Then again, Nintendo's battery use estimates haven't always been completely on the money either.

OP
OP
ObbyDent

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Where'd you find that comparison? I can only find 2DS and 2DS XL on Nintendo's site anymore.

And yes the battery is smaller but it also lasts really long. My guess is that N2DS XL simply draws less power than N3DS XL, but that's just a guess. Then again, Nintendo's battery use estimates haven't always been completely on the money either.
It's on there but I can't find it on my phone. I'll send you the link later today.

I do know from experience it uses the same battery as the og small 3ds and 2ds.

OP
OP
ObbyDent

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I have a N3DSXL with a top IPS and the Cybergadget grip and I love it.

41wa4USFBsL._AC_SY200_.jpg

I wish it were a dual IPS but I've learned to live with it. Amazing console with amazing games.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017