• BLOPS 4: Blackout

Votes: 33 6.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4292

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just in your honest opinion.
I've tried most major Battle Royale modes/games and in my opinion Fallout 76's Nuclear Winter is the best.

Here's why I think it's better.
  1. Smaller map. I like the fact that its rare for me not to run into someone as I hate wondering a big map aimlessly with no one around.
  2. Shorter game. I don't want to spend 30-45 minutes a game to win, and NW has rounds that rarely last longer than 20. So it's a short easy thing to get into.
  3. Loot everywhere. I love that there's loot just about everywhere, so it's not hard to find something at least decent to defend yourself with.
  4. Story. I love the idea of leveling up and progressing through Vault 51 before the game and discovering the story of the vault.
Nuclear Winter is by no means perfect, melee builds are useless, no true solo or duo yet, only one map but it's the most fun I've had with a Battle Royale.
I can't stand Fortnite and it's building mechanics and all other Battle Royale maps are too big save for Battlefield V: Firestorm.
So what's yours, try to explain your choice(s).

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
Apex Legends, it gave me exactly what I need since I couldn't get in any previous BR games. Great gunplay, great gameplay, encourages you to be aggressive and it's FUN

May 17, 2018
I'm having a lot of fun with Nuclear Winter as well, and I think it has a ton of potential, but, man, Apex just gets so much stuff right that I gotta give it to them at the moment.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Toss up between Fortnite, Apex Legends, and Blackout for me.

Blackout is PUBG if it had AAA support from the getgo. Straightforward soldier shooter with all of your favorite CoD maps, zombies, vehicles, etc. Basically just a better alternative overall.

Fortnite is fun and cartoony, with enough constant content to keep its playerbase interested. Plus it's free. that said, the actual gameplay is pretty barebones because the building will ultimately be used for shields and to construct a tower to the heavens in the last minutes of the match

Apex Legends is also free and has the variation through its hero selection and high mobility, but not much else beyond that, unfortunately. If they can revitalize it with another map or something that'd work

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Although I haven't played it in awhile, it's Apex for me. Got me into BR games where I couldn't before.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nuclear Winter and Apex are the top two for me.

Nuclear Winter has the potential to be at the top though if they add more to it.

Like you said in the OP, small map + lots of loot + short rounds = constant action, also I love how nukes are implemented.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Mechanically, it's Apex Legends but it couldn't hold my interest longer than the first two weeks before Fortnite came back for me. That first Battle Pass completely killed my interest in putting time into Apex.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I haven't been able to get into a single one lol

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
PUBG is still the king and I'm not sure if anything can top it. It's got the best pacing and gameplay loop that result in the most intense fights and most exhilarating wins.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4292

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nuclear Winter and Apex are the top two for me.

Nuclear Winter has the potential to be at the top though if they add more to it.

Like you said in the OP, small map + lots of loot + short rounds = constant action, also I love how nukes are implemented.
How could I forget about the nukes. Some of the most tense moments come from them.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite. The support is unmatched and every season changes the game. I can't stay away for too long.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
I never really clicked with Fortnite mechanically. The gunplay was inconsistent and building got out of hand, and with the insane amount of pressure that the developers are under to constantly be updating the game is enough to put me off the game for good.

Apex is a really well put together game that I don't have to feel bad about because Respawn has been so forthcoming about avoiding constant crunch.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy most of them. But nothing touches PUBG in the genre IMO. No other game gives you the suspense and tension PUBG offers. It also the hardest to win at. So satisfying getting that chicken dinner. I win in Apex and fortnite pretty easily in comparison. Especially Apex.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I was thinking of trying to jump into a battle royale game again after not having any fun with Fortnite, but enjoying Tetris 99 a lot. I really wish there were a BR game with MGS V's weapons and controls...

I'm gonna keep watch on this thread and see what happens.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
From a pure gameplay standpoint, Apex is the best.

In terms of engagement / updates, Fortnite is unmatched with how frequently they have new patches and meaty content drops.

The building aspect of Fortnite is awful and drops it down for a huge amount for me. Sadly it's unrealistic for Respawn to put out updates at the speed Epic does for Fortnite because if they could then Apex would be pretty much the perfect BR.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Apex just plays the best. It could use more content, sure — but gameplay-wise, it is far and away the best.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Apex hands down is the best, and it's Definitely the most fun. Matches aren't too long or too short. Takes two seconds to jump in a match, and you're not fighting the controls or struggling to get over a rock like on PUBG on console.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
AL and I'm a little shocked that it's currently leading the poll.

Why are you shocked? Era has a dislike of Fortnite and COD in general, and Apex plays miles better than PUBG does if you're only into the game as far as casual playing. Making fun of FO76 is also a meme so I doubt 90% of the people that voted have played Nuclear Winter.

Apr 8, 2018
If I had to choose one to play with someone right now, it'd probably be Apex. I also like Fortnite and do appreciate them keeping the game fresh with new updates/content/events so frequently.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Fortnite, the building adds so much depth that keeps it from turning into Apex where every fight feels the same. Also the pace of content releases and events is unmatched, it's the most 'living world' a live game has ever felt because of it.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Put Apex cause it's really polished and smooth and just overall fun. I also see a ton of potential once more legends come and the game expands.

Blackout is solid but I've moved on from it. Would love to see another cod br in the modern warfare universe.

Only played a little of Firestorm and it looks amazing but I've not really gotten into it. The loot system was a mess and it just wasn't addictive to play like other BRs. I think launching it late killed it as well.

I really want to try Fallout nuclear winter. Shroud was loving it and it seemed interesting to play. Is it going to be available from now on or is it limited time only?

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
pubg is more intense and technically its a realistic military simulator. I have never played such a fun game in long time.

tusharngf

Oct 29, 2017
Lordran
I enjoy most of them. But nothing touches PUBG in the genre IMO. No other game gives you the suspense and tension PUBG offers. It also the hardest to win at. So satisfying getting that chicken dinner. I win in Apex and fortnite pretty easily in comparison. Especially Apex.

same here i tried APEX for like 100hrs and decided to quit. It was plain boring.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Fortnite but mostly because I don't have to play Battle Royale. There's a big team mode with respawns and they rotate through other casual modes regularly. No other BR does this from what I know sadly.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Not a super fan of Battle Royale, but I have put time into all but The Fallout one so far. The only 1 that I really liked was Apex, but I liked BFVs Firestorm because it was mechanically good and not completely "Red cordial" like Blackout.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The best BR on the market right now

...has always been the best BR on the market since BR became a thing

...and isn't an option for the poll. Understandably so, but has me feeling a little chagrined, because I'm a big fan of this game and its many mods, and feel that it's low-key the most influential game of this decade.

I'm of course talking about the ArmA 3 mod, PlayerUnknown's Battle Royale.

None of these games will ever approach the number of amazing options afforded to players in PUBR thanks to it being an ArmA mod, without becoming something very different from the original game mode that this mod pioneered and codified.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite. 100%. I felt like I had already mastered Apex before season 1 had even started and there's been nothing to really change the game up since then.

Fortnite just offers way more than your basic battle royale. In addition to an entire extra game in Save the World (which features some of the best writing in games today somehow), the limited time modes that come through change things up completely. The dog fight mode was pure joy and I'm having a lot of fun increasing my personal score in the new horde rush mode.

I also generally prefer third person games and the constant content updates keep things fresh from week to week. The map changes and storylines that emerge each season just make it fun to explore the island on a daily basis. I also love doing the seasonal challenges and pushing myself to reach a certain number of wins or top games each session.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Battlefield 5 with 0 votes 🤔

Lol, it's the least played obviously. I like it, but can't get really into games since it's pretty much dead already.

The only BR games I've played so far are Blackout and Firestorm, and Firestorm felt much better. I won't vote because of this, but Firestorm is great but it suffered from well, being inside Battlefield V

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Of the three that I've played (Pubblegrounds, Apex, & GTA Online's Motor Wars) PUBG's the best when PUBG's good. When PUBG's bad PUBG's the worst.