• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For me, I gotta go with Goku vs. Piccolo Daimao. The rematch

Just pure hand to hand fighting and techniques.

Honorable mention goes to Goku vs. Cell

That moment where Goku combines his Kamehameha with Instant Transmission and Cell's "OH SHIT" face before Goku fires is epic.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The hand to hand part of Goku VS Cell was incredible. Once the ring was destroyed, it was back to shit.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

9634af05aba66b3e2200fa430e5612fe.gif

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Goku's size always makes most Dragon Ball fights look silly to me.

I'll go with Goku vs. Vegeta in the Saiyan arc.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
For coolness, I like Goku vs Perfect Cell. For beautiful animation, Goku v Majin Vegeta, specifically this sequence

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Most fights from the original series are superior to anything that came after in Dragon Ball Z or Super, specially the Tournament ones, both Goku fights against Tenshinhan were very well paced and choreographed and of course Kid Goku vs King Piccolo was superb as well. Better than the fireball wankery mega speed that came in subsequent shows.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all already picked most of the good ones so I will just add the trunks vs Frieza one because of the badass avenger music in the jp dubbing + how clean and to the point it was. He ran the fade on both Frieza and his daddy in a few episodes.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I go with either Goku Vs. Piccolo Jr. or Goku Vs. Vegeta.

Tenshinhan vs. Yamcha is underrated though.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Goku vs Cell, and both the original Brody fight and the recent movie Brody fight. The original Goku vs Vegeta was really good too, but you got to start from the Z Fighter vs the Spacemen & Nappa and watch the whole thing build up.

also the recent end of tournament of power was great…

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Matches that are even or slightly uneven.

So the DB ones, the Goku vs Majin Vegeta, the 17 vs Piccolo etc...

The absolute garbage tier fights is the 90% of it where it's just one opponent stomping the other(s) until the other dude shows up to then beat up the new guy thanks to a new shitty power up completely unearned.

If there is a narrative tied to it it's nice, stuff like Gohan stomping Cell is cool, but otherwise it's so lame.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
Goku vs Tenshinhan in the tenkaichi budokai. It's just really well choreographed and it's hype as fuck. The hand to hand fights in Dragon Ball were great all around.

Oct 26, 2017
Goku vs Piccolo, Goku vs Vegeta, Goku vs Majin Vegeta....

Hold up. I just now realized how most of my favorite fights involved Goku.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
I'm an OG DB fan.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also first fight between Goku and Tenshinhan.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
In the manga it is definitely the Goku vs Piccolo Jr. Tenkaichi Budokai fight.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I've come around to the idea that the Saiyan Saga by far had the best of both worlds of actually maintaining the stellar choreography of OG Dragon Ball while still maintaining some of the bombastic escalations that the series would become known for.

My thoughts exactly. I also felt like it had the best build up to the fight, with the training, learning new techniques, everyone was involved, around this time, it wasn't just the Goku show - it felt like the stakes were high because Goku wasn't ridiculously OP at this point, and things like kaio ken seemed novel.

It was just a fight that was a culmination of a lot of anticipation and awesomeness.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Goku vs Tenshinhan in the tenkaichi budokai. It's just really well choreographed and it's hype as fuck. The hand to hand fights in Dragon Ball were great all around.
Yeah this would be my pick. All the tournament fights are great in DB. From Z, I'd go with the two Goku vs Vegeta fights.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It's definitely in the pre-DBZ era before shit got ki blast happy. It's however been a long ass time since I've seen Dragon Ball.

MessyLessy

Oct 30, 2017
Goku & Vegeta/Gogeta Vs Broly.

I don't think any show/movie has ever had me as hype as I was in those moments.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Manga version.
  1. Piccolo, Son Gohan, Kuririn, Ten Shin Han, Yamcha, Chaoz vs Nappa.
  2. Son Goku, Son Gohan, Kuririn, Yajirobe vs Vegeta.

I would consider vs Nappa probably the most serious, intense, and tragic fight in all of Dragon Ball manga.

Them dying one by one, curbstomped by Nappa, Piccolo's sacrifice, etc.

Then back to back where Goku vs Vegeta after that.

On scale, not the most biggest scope in terms of ridiculously overpowered like Freeza or even Cell, but I really love the intense situations of those battles, moreso than Namek or Cell game.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
f77f945b56260a5139f08a5f24f87fe7.gif

goku_tien_kikoho.gifl8k64.gif
goku_tien_headbuttf6jl2.gif

Goku vs Tenshinhan

Prefer most fights from the earlier dragon ball stuff, especially in the manga.