• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
So, I'm nearly done with Hollow Knight, and wow WHAT A GAME. This game is just everything that I want from a modern metroidvania - an extremely tight piece of level design where new progressions, abilities, and understanding of the world and its inhabitants are extremely rewarding.

One of the things that came into my head a few times while playing it was "wow, this is the best Australian game ever made". It got me thinking - what are the best games from other people's countries? I thought this'd be a fun thread, because for countries such as USA and Japan it would be extremely difficult to pick one, and for other countries it'd be a fun bit of illumination on what games come from where around the world.

EDIT: To clarify, it's best game from a dev studio based in your country.

EDIT II: It'd be nice if you said your country as well as the game, for people who don't know what country that dev studio was based in. Thanks :-)

Last edited:

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are no "official" games from where I live (Dominican Republic). You get to play Mario Kart 8 deluxe on the traffic here tho and some GtaV on tought neiborhoods but thats about it.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
France:
Another World

1528295618-5167-card.jpg

giphy.gif

I prefer Flashback but I'd say Another World is more important and also a tighter experience overall.
Not all of Flashbacks' levels are nearly as good as the first two.

jedezel

Oct 28, 2017
"best game" is subjective but for French games, I think that Flashback is up there.

edit after seeing Sgt Demblant post: Hey ! I am not alone !

Davoid

Jun 15, 2018
Hn..

Maybe Baldurs Gate? Or Neverwinter Nights?

Recently, maybe Celeste, Cuphead or The Long Dark?

Fewer games make me think "Canada" than the Long Dark, ha ha, especially as I grew up in the North:

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a big fan of anything from Pendulo Studios (Runaway series, Hollywood Monsters, Yesterday, etc.), but recently The Red Strings Club might take the cake. Rime and The Sexy Brutale are also pretty good.

Arkain

Oct 27, 2017
Divinity: Original Sin 2, by a landslide. Nothing else from Belgium comes close imo.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
India. Ra.One on PS2 and PS3.

Jokes aside: Street Cricket Champions on the PS2. Socioball on Android and iOS.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
My Game of the Year so far is from a little Canadian studio called Matt Makes Games. The game of course is Celeste.

More broadly, I hear that Bioware, Eidos Montreal, and Ubisoft Montreal make some alright games.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Fruit Ninja?

The Australian game industry barely exists, so there isn't exactly much to choose from.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
OP stole my answer, Hollow Knight is easily the best Australian game and I can't think of anything else that you could consider.

DocOwer

Nov 7, 2017
Germany
Turrican 2 (Germany). Although I would personally prefer Giana Sisters back on the C64 / Amiga, but this was a blatant copy of Super Mario Bros, so no credits for this one.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hard to decide, But I personally think Mass Effect 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and Assassin's Creed 2 are the best titles to come out of Canada, But I love a lot of Canadian made titles.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yeah, the Divinity: Original Sin games since I'm from Belgium I guess. Haven't played them myself, but the universal acclaim speaks for itself.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm torn between Fallout: New Vegas and Spelunky. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is another 10/10.

Ooh, and Infinifactory is incredible too. The US's AAA scene my be awful but our indie games are easily the best in the world.