• Wii

• Nintendo 3DS

• Wii U

• Switch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Wii had the worst Mario Kart, the worst Zelda (Skyward Sword), the worst Wario Ware, the worst Metroid (Other M), the worst Fire Emblem (Radiant Dawn), the worst Smash (Brawl)... It was a Trojan horse to sneak bowling into nursing homes.
Worst Mario Kart: Either Double Dash (Gamecube) or 7 (3DS)
Worst Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS)
Worst Metroid: Federation Force (3DS)
Worst Fire Emblem: Fates (3DS). Even Conquest by itself is worse than every other Fire Emblem bar the other Fates routes and maybe Shadow Dragon.

I'll give you the worst Smash, however.

The Wii could also play the best Mario (Galaxy), one of the best Zeldas (Twilight Princess), the best Fire Emblem (Path of Radiance), and the only good Xenoblade.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I only play home consoles so no handhelds included in this (Switch also only counts as a home console to me as I don't use it otherwise)

GC>Wii U>Switch>Wii

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecube EASY

probably have switch at #2, 3DS #3. DS didn't deliver much for my tastes compared to those 3, and GBA ultimately had a super short run dominated by ports.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Switch for me. GameCube is fantastic but PS2, imo, overshadows it. The Wii was cool but it was pretty jarring how it still only output SD while both the other consoles were in the HD era...thinking about it i cannot believe a console like that performed so well but it def had a magic to it. Wii U was just a train wreck and Nintendo barely supported it (i mean when Nintendo itself moves on quick from a console you know things are bad). But the switch...the switch is just so great - it is different, has a buttload of awesome games (first party and third party) and i love playing it, would rather play it than xbox or playstation. Xbox for one because it is merely a game pass machine and i am more excited about xbox's future than its present. as for the ps4, i purchased the pro in hopes games would perform better. i am disgusted at how loud my ps4 pro is when playing even the simplest of games and i cannot count how many times games have just bugged out and took me to the home screen. also, clicking out of a game to the main menu is so laggy and slow. with the switch things are just so simple and efficient - i love it and i really hope nintendo keeps on with the switch-type consoles for the foreseeable future. as for me, it is just going to be PC and Nintendo from here on out - i'm done with these loud consoles.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I never got the Wii or the Wii U. Have contemplated numerous times of picking up a used Wii just so I can play both Mario's both zelda's and xenoblade or other gems.

It's not like I don't already have plenty of games to play but thoughts on going back? Loved the GameCube but haven't owned a Nintendo system since. Got a PS3 and 4 instead of Wii series.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
What I've most enjoyed: Switch.
The best system: Nintendo DS.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Oh yeah, the Joy Con design is pretty much the only hardware issue I've had with the Switch. They're not up to the standard I expect from Nintendo hardware
I love the Switch. I even got them as gifts for 4 of my siblings, and I replaced my OG with the new one and gave the OG to another sibling. That being said I've had to send in four pairs of Joy-Cons for repair, and one of those was sent in twice. Never had nearly that many issues with controllers in the past.

butterbutt!

Oct 27, 2017
Recency bias is carrying the Switch. It's great but probably not good enough to warrant its outright majority in the poll considering the competition.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recency bias is carrying the Switch. It's great but probably not good enough to warrant its outright majority in the poll considering the competition.
I don't know man...a lot of Nintendo fans have always loved the console AND handheld stuff - and now those worlds are merged and the execution of it was and has been so damn good.

Switch = we've arrived

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Official use? Gamecube, also had gba connectivity.
Unofficial? WiiU. Plays everything up to 3ds on it, including some ps1 games. Switch is slowly getting there

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Switch needs a clamshell and Activity Log (and Streetpass) to compete with 3DS.

Both need the Gamecube's catalog of weird shit.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
The DS Lite is still an incredible piece of design. Same with the Game Boy SP but that white DS Lite.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Damn. GBA got done dirty. That little guy is so much better than the Gamecube and DS. There were so many damn good games.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I'd have to go with the DS. It made quite the splash when it came out and I remember everyone wanted one. Good software, a great gimmick with the touch screen and stylus, and the DS Lite being one of the best revisions for a system. It almost beat the PS2 in sales for a reason.

The Switch would be a close second to me. They nailed quite a bit for being their first attempt at a hybrid console. I remember doubting it thinking it'd be a mess and a huge failure. It's got a couple big problems *cough* Joy Cons *cough* but it's still a stellar system and I'm super excited for what the sequel will be like.

Last edited:

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecube had an amazing selection of first party games, some of which still haven't been matched by Nintendo since then. Games like Metroid Prime,Animal Crossing,Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX,Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker to name a few.

I think the GBA comes in close at second followed by the DS.

I honestly feel as if the Switch comes in last for me. Not because I dislike it, but it relies so heavily on ports from the WiiU to keep it afloat. To me its more of a stepping stone from the WiiU whereas their other systems the past 20 years have done a lot more.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Switch pretty easily. I'd take the Wii after that, then probably DS just on the strength of its Pokemon games.

Switch is the best Nintendo has been since the 90s for sure.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I have a soft spot for the GBA, Gamecube & Wii but the Switch is just better in nearly every way & could theoretically run all their games through emulation/virtual console anyway (even in portable mode), so yeah Switch is the best by far.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecube had more great exclusives than any Nintendo system released in the last 20 years.

Luigi's Mansion
Mario Sunshine
Prime 1 and 2
Smash Bros Melee
Pikmin 1 and 2
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Rogue Leader
Double Dash

I could go on

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
People really hate Skyward sword huh

I thought it was great. Flawed but great.

Overall I feel the Wii's first party lineup is pretty underrated and outside of Melee, Thousand Year Door and Twilight Princess I'm not a huge fan of the GCN one (I know I'm the outlier here not being enamored by Metroid Prime).

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Gamecube had more great exclusives than any Nintendo system released in the last 20 years.

Luigi's Mansion
Mario Sunshine
Prime 1 and 2
Smash Bros Melee
Pikmin 1 and 2
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Rogue Leader
Double Dash

I could go on
Sunshine, Wind Waker and Double Dash were all disappointing sequels imo. Twilight Princess wasn't exclusive either.

I think the best Nintendo system the last 20 years from a purely 1st party perspective is probably 3DS, but it's also pretty heavy on remakes, remasters and ports so a lot of that isn't really exclusive either.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
Despite missing many features its predecessors had (virtual console, browser, streaming services, other quirky social apps, etc.), The Switch is by far the greatest system Nintendo has ever made. How often do you get a console that delivers on all fronts from its initial conceptual vision? Also, It's really awesome to see more standardized third party support from the West.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GameCube was weird because they had some pretty decent third party support and partnerships but it felt like they were in a 1st party funk.

If you could merge the N64 and GameCube somehow you would've had a really top end system.

trunx81

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Before Switch I would have said the GBA. But the Hybrid really is scratching an itch that I haven't had in many years. It's a godsend console for parents!

The GBA has the fondest memories for me, as it brought me back into handheld gaming after a few years of PC gaming only. So many amazing games on the go, so many gems that I played in long hours. Advance Wars, I'm looking at you.

GameCube was my go-to Multiplayer console in the early 2000s. I still hook it up sometimes just to play Donkey Konga and Beach Spikers. The later really needs a HD-Remake, would pay full price to have this game on the Switch.

Fourth place is a tie between the DS Lite and the Wii. Never really got so addicted by the two screens, although it had a lot of funny games. Playing an amazing Mario Kart on the go during holiday or solving riddles by closing the console and opening it again - genius ideas came with it.
When I first played the Wii, I was hooked because of the novelty the new controls scheme delivered. My "blown away" moment was when I was searching for the button to draw the sword in Twilight Princess, just to let my hands fall in frustration and Link pulling out that wooden stick you get first -just by flicking your wrist!

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine, Wind Waker and Double Dash were all disappointing sequels imo. Twilight Princess wasn't exclusive either.

Even if you question the quality of the titles the shear volume of 1st party games Nintendo put out over the Cube's 5 year lifespan was pretty insane.

Hell, I'll throw both Star Fox and Pokemon games on that list too.

Last edited:

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
DS is by far the best. So many good games and memories.

I don't own a switch. There are some games I want, especially animal crossing but the lineup isn't as strong as previous Nintendo platforms so its hard to justify "premium" prices for what is mostly a port box.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Switch is amazing, but the DS was just something else back then. Then the relaunch of sorts with the DS lite.