• Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Votes: 98 12.0%

• Total voters

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Good the Bad and the Ugly from that list

Also, Indiana Jones 4 best in the series?

giphy.gif

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. For me it's not even a contest. The only one from the list that comes close is Prisoner of Azkaban which transcends the previous entries in a similar way.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Can't beat The Good, the Bad and the Ugly in this respect. Sergio Leonne managed to truly outdo himself, and the score by Ennio Morricone is to this day his best one yet

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not fussed that ROTK is not in the list as Return of the King is the worst movie in its trilogy by a significant margin, and something that I'd call a decent watch but nothing I'd go out of my way to see if it wasn't finishing off a 3 movie story.

For the listed it's a hard choice between The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Last Crusade, but I *think* I'd go with Last Crusade as it's as good if not slightly better than Lost Ark, and a fantastic movie in its own right. Need to rewatch the dollars trilogy really, it's been a few years.

NO TICKET

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Return of the King, it should count even if it was produced alongside the other ones.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
First thing that came to mind was Return of the King.

Went with Last Crusade.

Die Hard 3 is up there as well; I've probably watched that one more than any of the others in the series combined.

Edit: oh yeah, forgot about Lethal Weapon 3! Probably my favorite in the series. Much as I can't freakin stand Mel Gibson for obvious reasons, those movies will always have a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If Infinity War counts, that'd be my vote, though that's kind of a weird one since it's technically the third Avengers movie, but the 19th movie in the overall series. Plus Civil War feels a lot like it's the unofficial 3rd Avengers movie due to the large cast even though it's not labeled as one.

I really liked the 3rd Ghostbusters movie, although that's more of a reboot.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Another awesome 3rd movie in a series is Jackie Chan's Supercop (3rd Police Story movie). Among other things it has Michelle Yeoh actually (not a special effect) jumping a motorcycle onto a moving train.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
People love Return of the King but I found that movie to be a slog on my first watch in theaters full of bizarre narrative choices, changes to the original narrative and just a weird structure overall. It was an ok way to cap off the trilogy but it bit off way more than it could chew even with excising the scouring of the shire and felt like a bloated mess.

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
People love Return of the King but I found that movie to be a slog on my first watch in theaters full of bizarre narrative choices, changes to the original narrative and just a weird structure overall. It was an ok way to cap off the trilogy but it bit off way more than it could chew even with excising the scouring of the shire and felt like a bloated mess.

Pretty much. And the story change with the Dead Men just doesn't work for me, turns them into an invincible force who sweep all aside. Who needs Gondor?

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
All of the films in that list except The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly are bad.

Before Midnight is a good answer.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
you can put return of the king on that list as many times as you want to, it will always be inferior to the good, the bad and the ugly.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
ROTK was a good finish to the trilogy, but no way is it the best of the three, or beating others on the list.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. And the story change with the Dead Men just doesn't work for me, turns them into an invincible force who sweep all aside. Who needs Gondor?

Just adding the shelob part at the start of the film made little sense to me. It added another major scene to a film already bursting at the seams with content to cover.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Excluding Return of the King for the reason of them being filmed back-to-back is an... interesting choice, for sure. Because Return of the King is 100% the answer.

With that being said, I'll take The World's End.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Return of the King, followed by Last Crusade and Toy Story 3.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Toy Story 3 is not only the best Toy Story, not only the best Pixar Movie, it might be the greatest animated movie of all time. It's darn near perfect.