• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Do I mean the soundtrack or the game itself? I don't know either!

Soundtrack is easy since it's probably some early 2000s extreme sports title or a WWE game or something. I'm sure there's an objective answer to this.

As for what game is nu metal, for me it's probably like jump maps in multiplayer Half-Life mods. Put on Taproot or Lateralus or something and I guarantee you there is some TFC jump map or CS compilation video that goes along with it.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
MX Superfly
MX_Superfly_Cover_Art.jpg

it literally had a trailer/advertisement for some music festival with a bunch of nu metal (or adjacent) bands for the following year.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Backyard Wrestling, or one of the wrestling games from back in the day that had Fred Durst as a playable character

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick"
Jun 17, 2018
The Obscure games have awesome soundtracks so I don't want to lump them in with a genre I don't much care for, but the games premise is pretty nu metal I feel.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Infected on the PSP. Not just for the soundtrack but you could play as members of Slipknot

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree that Warrior Within is nu metal

It's Godsmack which means it's terrible edgy post gringe

A nu metal game would probably be Tony hawks underground 2

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Warrior Within is a good choice but I nominate DmC. That game is pure vomit, just like nu-metal!

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I used to play Half-Life mods while listening to Taproot when I was a freshman in high school, so I guess OP is correct. I would actually just put the CDs in my computer and then use the Half-Life console to control the tracks, which was... weird. I mean I could have easily used Winamp or something.

System of a Down's "Toxicity" album, mostly. Lots of hours playing Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike playing that CD on repeat. I was a middle class white kid that started high school in 2000, so I sure listened to my fair share of nu-metal.

I have a picture perfect memory of how many kids in my 8th grade year were walking around in oversized Limp Bizkit "Significant Other" t-shirts. They were everywhere in '99. With JNCO jeans, of course.

Last edited:

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Haze - Soundtrack by Korn, at least.

I'm also reminded of Kiss' Psycho Circus or whatever it was called. That game had a real nu-metal/'99 edge to it.

Also, Quake.

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
First game that came to mind was BMXXX cause it felt like that back then.

Second game when I actually thought about it was the Fight Club game. And yeah. Limp Bizkit and Korn on the tracklist. And of course you can unlock Fred Durst as a fighter. Completely missing the point even more. It's great

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Lots of extreme sports games in the ps1 era like
Tony Hawk
Dave Mirra bmx
Cool Boarders
etc..

Mostly because they all had licensed nu-metal soundtracks.

Oct 31, 2017
For some reason, the first game that came to my head was the 2004 horror game The Suffering. Not sure why exactly. Maybe just the design of the monsters/its horror aesthetic?

The Twisted Metal games + the EA Big era stylish motocross games are good shouts.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Paranoiascape is a first person ps1 pinball game made by one of the creators of the slipknot masks, so if your into their nu-metal imagery that game is a good shout.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Warrior Within would be my pick, but recently it would be Splatterhouse on 360/PS3. They gave Rick jean shorts and a wallet chain. The music is the icing on the cake. Most promotional art might as well be on a Disturbed album cover...

www.youtube.com

Splatterhouse - Theme HD Trailer

http://www.redbubble.com/people/oss182/works/9890847-splatterhouse-cover?p=t-shirt&ref=work_carousel_work_portfolio_1Splatterhouse HD Trailer with ThemeNo Co...

Splatterhouse is tight

Sep 3, 2020
The World Ends With You was the first thing that crossed my mind. The original game has a soundtrack that gives me huge nu metal vibes. I haven't played the second one though.