• The Dark Knight

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 487 85.3%

• Total voters

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
With the news that there's a new Batman trilogy coming, I thought it would be a fun trip down memory lane to discuss the worst Batman film created...

My personal pick is The Dark Knight Rises... with bad choreography, a poor final twist, and generally lackluster performances all around, the movie lands like a dud compared to the predecessor.

giphy.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Of those three? Yeah definitely Rises. I watched it recently on a plane ride and HOO WEE that story does not hold up on repeat viewings.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
It is Rises and I don't honestly know how anyone could possibly argue otherwise.

It's like asking which is the worst of OT Star Wars. There's one answer.

Oct 28, 2017
Bale was very good in Rises. Can't agree that the movie had lackluster performances. The acting wasn't the problem. The main issue I have with the movie is in how it handled the passage of time once Bane has occupied the city. The editing and pacing is a total mess. The plot doesn't flow or develop in a satisfying way. They really dropped the ball with whole occupy Gotham aspect of the story.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
The Dark Knight Rises is merely a fucking fantastic movie compared to the mind-blowing perfection of the first two, so it gets my vote.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Knight Rises is easily the worst. Ledger's passing must have really shook Nolan and company and really killed their incentive to do a third movie, which is likely why everything about TDKR's story feels so lazily written compared to the first two parts of the trilogy.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The Dark Knight.

Dark Knight Rises is only bad because it came after The Dark Knight, it was a shit show of a movie that had a terrible set up for another movie.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Forever and B&R but of the three in the poll yeah I'd say Rises. They squandered so much potential.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
TDKR is easily the weakest of the three Nolan films, sure, but nothing touches Batman and Robin. Actually a terrible, terrible film.

Maybe this thread should be retitled?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman Returns > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman > Batman Begins > Justice League > Batman and Robin > Batman Forever

OG Batman may be in the lower end of the pack, but I adore it. Goes to show how great he's been represented in film.

Last edited:

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
None of the above, it's a tie between Batman & Robin and BvS.

Oct 27, 2017
BB is a solid 8
The first half of TDK is a solid 8.5, the second half is pretty mediocre, 6.5
TDKR is a 7 throughout the whole thing.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Knight Rises, because it sucks and squandered all the potential that Dark Knight set up before it.

Agreed. An exploration of the power vacuum created by the Jokers destruction of Gotham's typical criminal underworld and rise of traditional Bat-villains would've been neat. Instead the city gets held hostage in a silly way.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Easily the Dark Knight Rises.

The Dark Knight is one of the best superhero movies ever made and Batman Begins is pretty damn good, so it's Rises by default.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rises just isn't as memorable as the other two I suppose.

Why is Dark Knight on this poll that movie is amazingly entertaining.

Begins is eh to me, but Rises is still not as good. Begins at least has a novelty to it of being the first super serious Batman film.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
imagine if ledger hasn't died and joker was back ;-;
Imagine if they actually didnt turn Batman into a moping dullard for years because his girlfriend was murdered. The guy got sad and went into hiding for years. Yeah, the hero we need indeed. He can take the police hunting him by hiding out in his mansion.
If anything, those months after Rachel's death shoulda had a Batman with a renewed purpose and been even more terrifying to criminals.
And Alfred abandoning him too? That was some bullshit.

And Batman was stupid in it. He didnt have the Eye of the Tiger anymore and decides he can come out of retirement to fight the guy that thought the League of Shadows was too warm and fuzzy. He deserved to have his ass beat and his back broken.

Oct 30, 2017
For the poll: TDKR. It's meandering, poorly choreographed, and really hamfisted in certain spots.

Overall worst: Batman and Robin. But I try to make sure I don't FOOL WITH MOTHA NATURE

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Begins for me, but The Dark Knight Rises is my favourite of the three, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
All of these are really good, but I guess I'll pick Rises. It had the most problems even though I loved it.