• Magical Quest

Votes: 39 11.4%
  • Quackshot

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Aladdin (Virgin Interactive)

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • Aladdin (Capcom)

Votes: 70 20.5%
  • Other (Mickey Mania, World of Ilusion, Great Circus Mystery, etc)

Votes: 50 14.6%

• Total voters

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's Aladdin

6uRcyPR.gif

Virgin's Aladdin plays like butt and has awful level design.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Yeah, I think there's a big overlap of Castle of Illusion and Quackshot fans but most are still going to side with Castle if they have to choose.

World of Illusion was so disappointing to me. It is crazy, because it seems like people now appreciate both Castle and Quackshot more these days when that definitely didn't feel like the case years ago.

Capcom's Aladdin

6uRcyPR.gif

Virgin's Aladdin plays like butt and has awful level design.

i think this game is alright mechanically with SOME good stages. wouldn't say it's great. just another average licensed platformer.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Quack shot, and if you go back and play it now it's the game that has aged the best.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
World of Illusion was so disappointing to me. It is crazy, because it seems like people now appreciate both Castle and Quackshot more these days when that definitely didn't feel like the case years ago.
Also, I do like how more people have come to realize how good SMS Castle and Land of Illusion are instead of dismissing them as watered down versions. I would pick them over World of Illusion, too.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I also think World of Illusion is better than castle due to the outstanding co-op.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Castle of Illusion. Something very charming about it that I remember enjoying with my friend down the street on his Sega Genesis as a kid.
31445dd03473e993484e5ac685f04b30.gif

Survivortype

May 2, 2018
Van City
Goof Troop is probably the best "videogame" because it is so creative and, in a way, complex, yet the "Magical Quest" trilogy by Capcom is in my heart, because it's basically the Makaimura team making a Disney game and it shows. It is not Disney art, is Capcom art reimagining Disney art at it's peak. My favorite Capcom era.

magical-quest-starring-mickey-mouse-07.png

magical-quest-starring-mickey-mouse-12.png

Also Mickey to Tokyo Disneyland no Daibouken wasn't released outside Japan and it's pretty nice, with cool mechanics.

These graphics blew my little frickin mind when I played this!
Especially that fire level 🔥 🔥

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
goof troop is the "hidden gem" of 16 bit in general

dunno if i'd die on a hill over it being the best disney game of the era but yeah that's probably the one

OP
OP
Oscarzx n

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
My vote goes to Maui Mallard as well. It's amazing and doesn't get nearly enough attention
A couple more obscure ones. Don't necessarily measure up to the classics listed but I think they warrant a mention.

Maui Mallard

scqT1nU.gif
How does the Snes version of Maui Mallard stand next to the Genesis and PC versions? The Snes version seems to be the more popular because it wasn't a Sega Channel exclusive in the US but I have heard many people saying the level layout is worse and the screen movement is horrible. I want to know because I love the colors and the music of the Snes version.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
World of Illusion is the one I remember the most.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
So many great choices.

It's between three: Quackshot, Castle of Illusion, and Magical Quest. Of those, I think Magical Quest is the most diverse in level design and gameplay mechanics, so that's my choice.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Virgin Interactive's Aladdin. I'll still run through it every now and then when I need to kill 20 or 30 minutes.

To be fair, though... it's the only one I've really played. I did try the Super Nintendo/Capcom version of Aladdin when I went to a friend's house once and was just like "What's wrong with this?" lol. I never wanted to try it again.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Shinji Mikami's Aladdin for the SNES by a mile. Genesis version doesn't even get within the same zipcode.

Second place is Shinji Mikami's Goof Troop.

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Quackshot for me, or World of Illusion.

Did anyone else Play Pinocchio on the Mega Drive? I never hear of it mentioned very often but I remember having a pretty good time with it growing up.

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that has only played the SNES Aladdin, I feel strongly that it is the SNES Aladdin and that anyone that says otherwise clearly doesnt know what they are talking about.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Which one is the one that has coop with Donald and Mickey?

I forgot

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Out of those I played, Castle of Illusion was solid, and both Lion King and Genesis Aladdin left a lot to be desired.

Which one is the one that has coop with Donald and Mickey?

I forgot
World of Illusion. Arguably too easy, but it really did shine in co-op since the level layouts changed to force you to use various partner abilities.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
How does the Snes version of Maui Mallard stand next to the Genesis and PC versions? The Snes version seems to be the more popular because it wasn't a Sega Channel exclusive in the US but I have heard many people saying the level layout is worse and the screen movement is horrible. I want to know because I love the colors and the music of the Snes version.
I only ever played the SNES version so I can't say anything about the other versions, but I remember it playing fine. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Apr 7, 2018
Toy story (genesis)

Part of it is probably nostalga for me since I was all about toy story back then. Loved the movie and rented the game multiple times. Bought it like 12 years ago and did a playthrough as an adult and still had a good time. It's difficult but not too difficult and has a decent variety of gameplay.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
Mickey Mania - except the PS1 port that was only released in Europe for some reason called "Mickey's Wild Adventure", due to the slightly better graphics and music:

So technically not 16-bit in that form, but still.

Personally I think the PC version is the best, if only for the absolutely amazing Redbook audio soundtrack:

Sadly it seams like it was also the least popular version - it doesn't seam like many people know it even came to PC.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Had to go with Aladdin (Virgin Interactive)
Still got a boxed Megadrive version here. Great game.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Castle of Illusion is the only really good one, followed by Quackshot. Most of the Mickey games are pretty damn solid actually and definitely worth a playthrough.

The Aladdin games have a much better reputation than they deserve imo, the snes game is solid but unspectacular, and the Genesis one is a mess. Lion King is ass.

/edit: oh shit I forgot about Goof Troop, that one is cool.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Aladdin SNES is the one I grew up having and I still love it. The others I have tried have not left a lasting impression on me.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Castle of Illusion. What a game. Level design, music, animation, etc. I still love how they animated Mickey opening and walking through the doors. They could have taken shortcuts, but made it look like he was believably opening it, kinda squeezing through with a slight hesitation, and stepping behind it. Love it.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Donald Duck in Maui Mallard is the best.
Followed by Goof Troop and then Capcom Aladdin and Jungle Book.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Aladdin on the Genesis was impressive back in the day, but honestly I gotta go with Quackshot. It was a pack-in game (along with Sonic 1, thanks Costco!) with my Genesis that I got for Christmas one year and I played that game a ton.