• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
i would like to say my favorite town in Pokémon has to be Ecruteak. This town is influenced by Feudal Japan as many of you know and is home to my favorite legendary, HO-OH. The Burned Tower and Bell Tower are both very fun to explore and the lore behind the town and the legendary beast(and HO-OH and Lugia) is interesting as well.
Lastly, I really like the Gym led by Morty since Ghost Pokémon are my favorite types.
What is your favorite town in Pokémon and why?

Edit: Forgot to mention Ecruteak has my favorite track in Johto.

Deleted member 12162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goldenrod City.

I just love the music there, and playing in the city at night gives me a fuzzy feeling. I always end up saving there before turning the game off.

ZachiJP

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
My favorite towns are only influenced by the music in them: Violet City in G/S and Accumula Town in B/W

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well you had to go and take mine so I'll just post images.
300px-Ecruteak_City_HGSS.png

latest

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i would like to say my favorite town in Pokémon has to be Ecruteak. This town is influenced by Feudal Japan as many of you know and is home to my favorite legendary, HO-OH. The Burned Tower and Bell Tower are both very fun to explore and the lore behind the town and the legendary beast(and HO-OH and Lugia) is interesting as well.
Lastly, I really like the Gym led by Morty since Ghost Pokémon are my favorite types.
What is your favorite town in Pokémon and why?

Edit: Forgot to mention Ecruteak has my favorite track in Johto.

Exactly the same here. Such a haunting vibe from that city.

I rally loved the general traditional Japan vibe that Johto had in general, and Ecruteak is the culmination of that.

The soundtrack, the lore, the architecture. It all ties together so perfectly and gives the region such a strong identity.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I don't think I have one. I have a favorite song for a Pokemon town, but the cities don't leave that much of an impact on me other than the big ones for being big and having the department stores. We need a nice one with different things to do in it or for something memorable to happen in it.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Tough choice, I love lots of towns in Hoenn because of their relaxing atmosphere... Some I can name from the top of my head are Fortree, Lavaridge and Mossdeep City.

OP
OP
OfficerRaichu15
Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Exactly the same here. Such a haunting vibe from that city.

I rally loved the general traditional Japan vibe that Johto had in general, and Ecruteak is the culmination of that.

The soundtrack, the lore, the architecture. It all ties together so perfectly and gives the region such a strong identity.
Also really enjoyed all the different buildings such as the dance theater, and the Ecruteak Gate.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Goldenrod City.

I just love the music there, and playing in the city at night gives me a fuzzy feeling. I always end up saving there before turning the game off.
The first town that popped into my mind was goldenrod.
Yup, first that popped in my head. Loved the mood at night there. Radio tower and train station left an impression too as a busy town.

Castelia City comes second because of the alleyways and harbor.

I guess huge cities are just my thing.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pallet.

Such a boring answer but I don't think any other has as much attachment for me personally.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I can't decide if I want to say Goldenrod City or Snowbelle City, they both have incredible music and while Goldenrod has so much to do Snowbelle looks beautiful and was where I spent many hours hatching eggs. Other ones I'd rank right near the top are Ecruteak Town, Azelea Town and Laverre City.

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really like Azalea town with all its apricorn and slowpoke tail shenanigans

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Opelucid is awesome.

It looks and sounds different depending on whether you're playing Black or White, and theme of the city is different too. It also has a different gym leader.

I can't decide my favorite music of the two of them. The Black version is catchier but I feel like the White version matches the tone of the game at that point better.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Opelucid is awesome.

It looks and sounds different depending on whether you're playing Black or White, and theme of the city is different too. It also has a different gym leader.

I can't decide my favorite music of the two of them. The Black version is catchier but I feel like the White version matches the tone of the game at that point better.
The music changes depending on version? I did not know this.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fortree City for me. Might be relatively small, but I love the idea of a city of treehouses, really captures the feel of the whole "living with Pokémon/nature" theme that's often mentioned throughout the games. Also, ngl, but I loved running across the bridges for the sound they made in the original R/S; it also had a better theme compared to the slower one in OR/AS.

Eszik

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I have very fond memories of discovering Fortree City as a child, it felt really different from all the other towns in the game! Although I was kinda disappointed when playing through it in ORAS recently, so I think nostalgia is a big factor here :p I also really like Snowpoint City, it's a very small and cozy town despite appearing late in the game and is a nice change of pace.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ecruteak is cool, definitely. My vote goes to Anistar City from XY though. The sundial is beautiful and the music is really chill and matches the timekeeping theme.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I was thinking Ecruteak but everyone's already gone over everything I would have said about that. I loved Malie Garden in Alola because it was really reminiscent of Johto.

Unova had some great towns. Crossing the bridge into the massive city of Castelia was unlike anything else in a Pokemon game and was quite breathtaking. Anville Town was interesting; it was a peaceful, out-of-the-way location that you were never required to visit and seeing the different trains was cool. And while it was never hugely important or anything there was something about Humilau City that I loved. It had a beautiful colour palette and I just liked being there and looking at it.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yo legit this is a harder question than what my favorite Pokemon are. So many good towns with great themes with phenomenal music. Honestly it might be Violet, Azalea, or Ekruteak just on music alone.

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Has to be Cerulean City for me.

Was always a fan of Misty and her Starmie, and the place has a lot going on outside of her gym. Your confrontation with Gary, Nugget Bridge, the gauntlet to Bill's house, getting Bulbasaur and Charmander in Yellow.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
Azalea Town and Ecruteak City have already been mentioned, so...

Castelia City and Verdanturf Town are also on my list - the former for being phenomenal to see when playing BW for the first time (especially after going across Skyarrow Bridge!), and Verdanturf for being so serene and relaxing. It helps that both places have great music, too.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I grew up playing Pokemon. Cut my teeth on Red, it's probably why I love games today.

But I've got the most nostalgia for Jubilife City and I don't know why.

I also got a lot of love for that river city with the bridge that's tucked into a corner of Sinnoh but I forget the name

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much anything themed after Japan so basically Ecruteak. Also love Lavender Town music.

Vorkken

Oct 25, 2017
Lacunosa Town from Black/White. Nice, relaxing music and a chill atmosphere. And the fact that everyone lives in fear of Kyurem is such a sharp contrast to the whole feel of the town making for an interesting little place.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Has to be Lavender Town, right?

Although I've always been partial to Vermillion.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Goldenrod has an awesome and lively atmosphere, Liliycove is super relaxing and it has nice buildings to see and finally Hearthome is probably the coziest city yet.
There are so many I like though, Canalave has a beautiful theme for example. Love the exotic atmosphere of Konikoni and Malie in Sun and Moon.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lets pick a favourite from each Region.

Kanto: Fuchsia City
Johto: Blackthorn City
Hoenn: Fortree City (Battle Frontier if it counts)
Sinnoh: Snowpoint City
Unova: Nimbasa City
Kalos: Anistar City
Alola: Po Town

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
I like the big towns with a ton of stuff to do like Goldenrod and Castelia. Except Lumiose, that place is a confusing maze of a city.

If Village Bridge counts, that too. It's fun going around activating all the additional instruments for the song.

StrmSrg

Oct 26, 2017
Louisiana
Nimbasa City for having not one but two sports stadiums filled with new trainers daily, the entire subway system, the Pokemon theatre, and my personal favorite, the ferris wheel.

Also, the music for the town really pumps you up and is a nice change from the mostly gentle themes of the other towns in the game.

Masaru

Oct 28, 2017
Favorite town/city would be Goldenrod, it's a very lively area plus the layout and music is the best. Whitney and her Miltank can get out though.

I also like Celadon from Kanto.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I can't choose between Lavendar Town and Cinnabar Island but it's defintely one of those two.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Lilycove City in Hoenn. Big city with being a coastal city, having a department store and Contest Center. I also want to mention Olivine since it's also coastal, has a Gym and a major lighthouse (I love lighthouses).

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Lavender Town is my OG pick, but in terms of modern presentation, Po Town is super interesting.