• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
There are many good fighting games, with so many interesting attacks. What are some of the best out there, either from a style point of view, utility point of view, or just sheer "feels good"

Mine would have to be 'Header' by Wii Fit Trainer. That ball is so versatile, and it has a lot of hidden depth most players don't even think of. You can mixup your landings with it, it's a great projectile with so many possible angles. The hit itself counts as a spike if the opponent is close enough and there is nothing more beautiful than getting that offstage kill with a well aimed ball.

Falcon Punch is banned in this thread.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Adon's 5HK
EDIT: I feel that lurkers are gonna need a numpad notation guide for some people listing attacks

8 is up
6 is right
2 is down
4 is left
5 is neutral

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ryu's back/side/donkey kick in SF3

latest

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Julia's elbow (ff+1). It's all you need!

Also Mitsu's SC1-SC3 2KB. Sweep the leg!

nautone

Oct 16, 2018
Austin, TX
Rose's Soul Throw anti-air grab is very satisfying to land, quickly instills a lot of caution in your opponent when they get sparkle-slammed out of nowhere.
latest

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_o9sgbssDBI1szxgmmo1_r1_500.gif

or

genfu-catch-ayane.gif

There's no reason to be able to catch your opponent other than because it fits Gen Fu's character, you're literally preventing your enemy getting hurt.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
There are many good fighting games, with so many interesting attacks. What are some of the best out there, either from a style point of view, utility point of view, or just sheer "feels good"

Mine would have to be 'Header' by Wii Fit Trainer. That ball is so versatile, and it has a lot of hidden depth most players don't even think of. You can mixup your landings with it, it's a great projectile with so many possible angles. The hit itself counts as a spike if the opponent is close enough and there is nothing more beautiful than getting that offstage kill with a well aimed ball.

Falcon Punch is banned in this thread.

Didn't expect to hear Hamauzu music from World of Final Fantasy but it's a welcome surprise

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Ibuki's neck breaker...
Sliding under fireballs in SFIII and catching people off guard... So good.
latest

I wish it was still a real move in SFV
Now it's just a normal throw and has no range.

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Tied between Guile's Flying Buster Drop and Makoto's Karakusa.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
genfu-catch-ayane.gif

There's no reason to be able to catch your opponent other than because it fits Gen Fu's character, you're literally preventing your enemy getting hurt.

Actually, you catch them because it puts you at advantage and allows you a mixup. You're plus enough that you'd beat any attack they throw, so the opponent has to block, which opens them up to being thrown again.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Tiger Upper Tiger Upper Tiger Upp Tiger Up-Tiger-Tiger-Tiger-tuh-tuh-tuh-tiger-tiger-Upper-cut

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Ryu's Metsu Shoryuken. It looks really painful. I also enjoy how it distorts the face of the receiving end of the punch.
91Vvv0.gif

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Always loved Kim's ATATATATA kick super in CVS2. Had such a great rhythm to it, coupled with some really great hit feedback.

Plus the way he flies across the arena before connecting always made me smile.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Aoi's f+P+K from VF4:EVO. It was elbow speed, hit mid, gave big advantage on MC (major damage nitaku), would combo on MC for a knockdown. The follow up was also mid, not punishable and could be canceled for some nice mind games.
It was completely OP, so they nerfed it in the later games.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
Young Link's boomerang. You can do a huge arc with it. Once you learn how to properly use it, its so satisfying to use and is annoying as fuck to deal with.