Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
I actually think his behaviour lately has been less than ideal (especially in the way he handled criticism of hos gross comments), and the fact that people continue to support him with "lmao he doesn't give a fuck" has been disappointing.

Leaving in the people's names and Twitter handles is unprofessional as hell.
"Laying Pipe" is a PG level crass joke but its not inherently sexist( at least not how Boyega used it). As a fandom people have been making Luke,Anakin,Ben,Han,Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon and Yoda virgin/masturbation/sex jokes for 40 years but this is over the line? Boyega is just saying that Kylo died a genocidal virgin but his character is still alive to seal the deal.

Is it because Boyega used "urban slang" that its automatically sexist? We're talking about made up consensual ships. The premise of the joke isn't that Finn is going to force himself on a grieving Rey. Smh.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Alright, I haven't been on John's team for awhile but he won me over with this. Can't hate a game this strong, straight up trolling everyone.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think his behaviour lately has been less than ideal (especially in the way he handled criticism of hos gross comments), and the fact that people continue to support him with "lmao he doesn't give a fuck" has been disappointing.

Also, leaving in the people's names and Twitter handles is unprofessional as hell.

people are posting those things publicly, with those same names and handles. It's not like these are private correspondences. People want carte blanche to pester celebrities because twitter gives them access and they are "public people" so they should have to take it, well it goes both ways.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
people are posting those things publicly, with those same names and handles. It's not like these are private correspondences. People want carte blanche to pester celebrities because twitter gives them access and they are "public people" so they should have to take it, well it goes both ways.

Yeah, it'd be one thing if John was pulling a Ricky Gervais and actively searching for people talking about him, but if people are going to directly harrass him I don't see the problem with him clapping back.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also, leaving in the people's names and Twitter handles is unprofessional as hell.
His comments are no grosser then what the average reylo posts about. Rey exists to be Kylo Rens cum dumpster and that's about it. She isn't meant to have any sort of existence other than serving Kylo Ren.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
tenor.gif

Let's go john

What's the backstory here?
Back during New Years Boyega made a tweet criticizing the Kylo Ren / Rey relationship and bunch of supporters of that ship got mad at him. Those tweet you see him cutting up and attacking were replies made to him at the time. Most notably, the set of tweets you see him running over on his scooter were from a white person pretending to be a black woman for clout.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Are you fucking serious with this bullshit?

I might get banned if I say what I want to say to you right now.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017

The hell?

What's gross is the harassment. Not his light hearted video with wacky music. And if they are fine with publicly harassing him online then why the fuck should he go out his way to censor what they happily did themselves?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"Laying Pipe" is a PG level crass joke but its not inherently sexist( at least not how Boyega used it). As a fandom people have been making Luke,Anakin,Ben,Han,Obi-Wan,Qui-Gon and Yoda virgin/masturbation/sex jokes for 40 years but this is over the line? Boyega is just saying that Kylo died a genocidal virgin but his character is still alive to seal the deal.

Is it because Boyega used "urban slang" that its automatically sexist? We're talking about made up consensual ships. The premise of the joke isn't that Finn is going to force himself on a grieving Rey. Smh.

Oh, it was for sure sexist because he's talking about Daisy's character like a trophy. I mean there are levels to this and this was pretty tame as far as sexist comments go but it was sexist since it does slide into the category of objectification (and also toxic masculinity ideas).

That said.....even people here in Resetera objectify characters all the time. It's just that none of us are celebrities.

His comments are no grosser then what the average reylo posts about. Rey exists to be Kylo Rens cum dumpster and that's about it. She isn't meant to have any sort of existence other than serving Kylo Ren.

That's pretty gross though.