Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I think we can agree that seeing the bigger areas like Sector 5, Second 7, Wall Market and the Shinra Building bigger and more fleshed out in the first part of the Final Fantasy 7 "Remake" trilogy was one of the highlights. So my question to you all is what locations/towns/cities/what have you are you most looking forward to see in the upcoming parts? Is there stuff you wish they do with that particular location in terms of sidequests, mini games or other miscellaneous things? Fears/Worries etc? Express all your feelings and thoughts.

Personally I'm really interested to see what they do with Costa Del Sol. I love beach levels and I'm sure it will look absolute gorgeous with the graphics of these games. Just hoping Square can avoid the pitfalls of other JRPGs and their fanservicey moments at the beach!

latest

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Obvious but the gold saucer. It'll be great if you can see it from any point of the western continent map.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cosmo Canyon. I want Seto to fucking destroy me emotionally in 60fps

After that it's Gold Saucer and Rocket Town.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
costa del soul. Barret looking in the mirror with his sailor suit. Tifa and Johnny catching up. Hojo surrounded by girls in bikinis
and hopefully new things. Cloud in trunks. surfing mini-game

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Costa del Sol is my personal fave. I hope they make it super cozy, a real resort town. Stuff like the boardwalk from Galdin Quay in FFXV, where it's lined with lanterns. There could be tiki torches and outdoor bars on the beach. Minigames like beach volleyball and watercraft. Of course you will still have moments like Barret admiring his sailor suit at the inn, Tifa and Aerith in bikinis meeting Hojo and his entourage on the beach, Red playing ball with the kids, Yuffie "helping" at the local materia shop, and Johnny at the villa.

Gold Saucer is the big one, tho. Wall Market was insane, so I can't even imagine how amazing Gold Saucer will be.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
I went into this thread thinking I had one solid location I really wanted to see redone but reading these answers I want it all!

But if I had to edge one to the top it's Cosmo Canyon.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I still hope Fort Condor is an explorable set piece and not just an in-universe hobbyist game

clipboard03i4kvm.jpg

Either in Rebirth or the huge materia quest in the third one.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
For me it is also Costal del Sol and I hope sooooo much that there is a beach volleyball minigame. For most people it will probably be Gold Saucer.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Wutai I think should probably be in game 3, but really expansive, and you propel Shinra's forces from all corners (with the new arc they're setting up)

wutai7lj2t.jpg

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Ropeway to Gold Saucer in North Corel since the seemingly only way (aside from the prison elevator) to enter the Gold Saucer being connected to a destroyed encampment makes zero sense.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Ropeway to Gold Saucer in North Corel since the seemingly only way (aside from the prison elevator) to enter the Gold Saucer being connected to a destroyed encampment makes zero sense.
It makes sense to me, homeless people are gathering because Shinra destroyed their town and the rich people head towards the gold saucer just walk past them without caring.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
It makes sense to me, homeless people are gathering because Shinra destroyed their town and the rich people head towards the gold saucer just walk past them without caring.
Yeah it still doesn't make sense to me. It would work as something symbolic if the Gold Saucer was some Shinra facility, but I think an amusement park would end up finding a better entry method. It's as if Disney World had a single entrance and it was only accessible via the most slummy place in the country (maybe it is I've never been!)

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Ropeway Station:

I think the remake will recontextualize this a bit. There will probably a main road that leads up the mountain that bypasses North Corel -- this is the route tourists would take. However, the party probably won't be able to take the main road since they're trying to avoid Shinra, which has set up checkpoints along the road. So they will take the long way up the mountain, which will lead them to North Corel. From there they can reach the Ropeway Station via a rear entrance. Later in the game, Shinra could close its checkpoints (maybe because they've already mobilized elsewhere for the war in Wutai), and at that point, you will be free to backtrack along the main roads.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Forgotten city. My favorite locale ever.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
dvoe17-25a6b843-2325-4a76-940a-0ad43dabde9c.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing how this will play out in Rebirth haha
I think Under Junon (the informal name for that fishing village) will be really interesting. In terms of story, it's the first location outside of Midgar that really reminds you how terrible Shrina is to other communities — in this case, they built their airfield right over the village, blocking out the sun, while monsters like Bottomswell arise from Shrina's pollution.

I also think Under Junon will look interesting from a visual standpoint. A humble lil' hamlet, tucked away in darkness under the huge structure overhead. Sorta like Midgar slums, but by the sea.

Another random thought: Maybe the battle against Bottomswell will split the party into two groups, one of which could fend off the sea serpent on the docks, while the other lures it near the power tower, which ends up frying it. Of course, that's the same power tower you will ascend with the help of a certain friendly dolphin, lol.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Fort Condor and Gold Saucer.

I want my real time strategy and roller coaster shooter mini-games!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not going to assume any location from the original game is going to be in Rebirth or Episode III. Considering the first game stretched out a three hour section of the original game into 40 hours, they're going to have to do a lot of cutting and reworking to finish the story in two more games. I expect a lot of locations to be cut.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to assume any location from the original game is going to be in Rebirth or Episode III. Considering the first game stretched out a three hour section of the original game into 40 hours, they're going to have to do a lot of cutting and reworking to finish the story in two more games. I expect a lot of locations to be cut.
They won't need to cut any of the locations in my opinion. One of the points of having three games should be, so they don't have to cut any of them. I believe this is going to end about
the whirlwind maze when meteor is summoned, which means this game will be two big regions, the snowy, desolate north continent, and the temple of the ancients making up the last bunch of levels. That sounds quite similar to how Witcher 3 did it with two big regions unlocking in order, and some isolated levels

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
They've already said they're going to go everywhere you remember from the original, and they specified that means locations. The places you go in Part 2 are smaller, more rural communities -- most of them will be more sparsely populated, compared to Midgar. And the areas in between will be field areas where they can copy/paste assets like foliage. The most populated city will be Junon, which they could easily treat like they did Sector 8 in Part 1. Create some streets and alleyways, fill in some NPCs, and follow a similar linear scenario to the one in the OG.

Given how this game has already had twice the development time (Part 1, once rebooted, was made in two years), and given also that they're sparing no expense, I think it's entirely plausible this world will cover everything you remember and then some. They don't have to spend the bulk of their time working on combat, which consumed much of Part 1's development cycle. They have the systems in place -- it's just asset creation and scenario work, which is simpler than figuring out how the game actually plays.

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
I want to see Bugenhagen so bad.

Square, you cowards, show me Bugenhagen!

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Yeah it still doesn't make sense to me. It would work as something symbolic if the Gold Saucer was some Shinra facility, but I think an amusement park would end up finding a better entry method. It's as if Disney World had a single entrance and it was only accessible via the most slummy place in the country (maybe it is I've never been!)

This is, in fact, what has happened to Disneyland Anaheim. There are so many little motels around Disneyland that it became a hub for the financially insecure--itinerant workers, low-wage workers, anyone who couldn't afford to put down a deposit/pass a background check in otherwise extremely wealthy orange county.

Disney is naturally extremely invested in changing the vibe and they've got a lot of political clout, so they've had some success. But your "No way!" example is surprisingly on point.

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Gold Saucer, Cosmo Canyon and Costa del Sol. In that order. While I have no doubt that they're gonna nail Gold Saucer, it might be harder to pull off Cosmo Canyon's atmosphere. But if they do, it's gonna be pretty magical.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Tbh I feel like I need to see another trailer of this game to even know. I expect stuff like Cosmo Canyon but I'm also half expecting half the game to be playable as Zack or something, going to completely different areas that were never in the original

The Florida Project is a good movie, btw

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I bet the welcoming ceremony for Rufus at Junon will now feature both his inauguration speech and a formal declaration of war against Wutai. I imagine the military parade loading up the cargo ship will now be reimainged as a war rally sending off troops to war. You will disguise yourselves, blend in with the parade (maybe Roche can be the one giving orders for the TV presentation), and slip onto the ship where a Jenova form will pull you into another world, Dreamweaver-style. Then you will arrive in Costa del Sol.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Gold Saucer is the big one I guess, yeah. They could do something amazing there, and I'm very excited to see how they handle it. Perfect opportunity to have old arcade cabinets with the OG graphics. Like, idk, the Moogle mating game.

I'm also dying to see Costa del Sol. And Icicle Inn!
Tbh I feel like I need to see another trailer of this game to even know. I expect stuff like Cosmo Canyon but I'm also half expecting half the game to be playable as Zack or something, going to completely different areas that were never in the original

The Florida Project is a good movie, btw
I don't think it'll be that big of a conceptual departure.

Zack's existence and survival and Cloud's journey likely being retooled to be all about destiny are already a huge departure, but I think that's where the changes will happen and that we'll overall hit the same locations, with maybe some cuts here and there (and some new stuff, like Banora).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I bet the Mythril Mines will actually seem like mines now. In the OG, they're just empty caves, but in terms of story, the miners of Kalm extract mythril from the place (an ore that is lighter than silver but stronger than steel, which Shinra likely uses for manufacturing). So I imagine in Rebirth, there will be some manmade infrastructure to the place, including drill rigs, conveyor belts, etc.

One neat idea would be to have the Zolom pursue you *into* the mines. The mines could then be a dungeon where you have recurring encounters with the Zolom as it stalks you and hunts you. Sometimes you battle it, fending it off. Other times you have to create diversions and sneak around it. And yet other times, it will straight-up chase you, and the characters attempt to slow it down by demolishing walls or dropping equipment in its path. All of this would help make the 30-foot-tall monster seem unstoppable. This would then make it all the more impressive when you see it slain by Sephiroth, which could now occur upon leaving the mines (in the original, the "Did Sephiroth do this" line occurred at the entrance to the caves).

You may think to yourself: How can Sephiroth killing the Zolom still faze the party after the strength he showed at the end of Remake? But I think that when the party talks at the inn in Kalm, they will observe that the Singularity from the end of Remake gave them access to powers they don't normally have. They will also realize that Sephiroth was toying with them there. This will all help keep things in perspective when we see other displays of Sephiroth's power throughout Rebirth. The party will probably receive leads on "mysterious black robed figures" (the clones), which they will investigate. The first half of the game will likely be traveling to Nibelheim, where Cloud thinks he may be able to better understand things by reading what Sephiroth read there.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Besides Gold Saucer, this:

KeK48F0.png
I could see this being a stinger image in the next video reveal, maybe at The Game Awards or as early as TGS (I really don't think FF16 will prevent them from giving us updates on Rebirth, especially when Rebirth hype will synergize with this winter's Crisis Core).