UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Music. I totally stopped caring.

Drake? Kayne? Taylor swift? Ed sheeran? Billie ellish? No idea what they sound like. But i see these name all over.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
anything and everything harry potter related. that's probably the big one.

all that mainstream popular anime outside ghibli/dragonball

sopranos//breaking bad/walking dead/mad men and most of the popular golden era tv dramas. I watched The Wire and Lost, that's good enough for me.

kpop? lol, idk probably a lot of current mainstream popular music. I'll listen to some songs but I'm not checking the whole album of a lot of these artists.

games are probably the biggest one. I don't play shooters/battle royales/survival stuff/mobas/f2p/mmos and a chunk of stuff that is usually the most popular out there. not to say i don't play pc games, but just not that stuff.

so there's a lot, but there's only so many hours in the day and I'd rather spend that a chunk of that free time watching sports or indulging in pop culture stuff i'm actually interested in. because if i didn't get around to it, it's usually because i'm not interested and hate just watching/listening/playing stuff because of simple FOMO or catching the zeitgeist.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Most things lol. I was a contrarian during my teens/college. More open minded now, but old habits are hard to get over with.

I haven't watched superhero movie since Spider-Man 3 in 2006, no Harry Potter (maybe the first film?), no AAA Western games, no online shooters or whatever the latest popular online game is, don't keep up with TV but I do watch stuff after the dust has settled.

I don't really listen to music any more... I have a library of stuff I like, I enjoy it, but I have to remember to listen to music. I don't get the impulse to put something on any more.

teruterubozu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game of Thrones. Never watched a single episode. Other than that I'm pretty dialed into pop culture of the last 40 years.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
All the Disney Star Wars movies
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead

I have no interest in them either

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I'm a massive horror fan who hasn't seen any original Universal Monsters films, Nightmare on Elm Street, Child's Play, or Scream movies.

I have this weird thing about saving things I know I'll enjoy for rainy days, but those rainy days never really coming. I actually hold to this mindset with most popular things I haven't seen. I drift towards obscure crap because the sense of discovery feels more appealing to me than the thing I already feel like I know a lot about through osmosis.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched one episode of Avatar on Netflix and liked it. But the image quality is so terrible I can't find myself watching the rest. I should hunt for a good blu ray edition or something.

i've also never seen a Fast & Furious movie.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I mean I got a list. I haven't got into a ton of popular titles.

GoT
Sapranos
Breaking Bad

I could go on. I just got around earlier this month to watching Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Music. I totally stopped caring.

Drake? Kayne? Taylor swift? Ed sheeran? Billie ellish? No idea what they sound like. But i see these name all over.

I was huge into finding new music until like 6 years ago, and suddenly just didn't care at all anymore. I still buy maybe 5 new songs a year now, but I have zero interest in seeking it out. NPR music interludes is where most of my interest is piqued if at all.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Almost everything. As a rule, pop culture doesn't interest me. I'm all about the anti-status quo, transgressive stuff.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I haven't watched pretty much most of the MCU films. Only specific ones here and there. Ones that are pretty much standalone. Like the three Iron Men, Captain America films, both GotG films, I think I saw Avengers but don't remember anything. I also loved Black Panther. But I haven't watched the whole arc. I've been spoiled to most of it. I haven't even seen the MCU Spider-Man movies yet.

I literally didn't even see the third LotR film for over a decade. I didn't even know how it ended.

Joker. Don't really care. If anything it's been ruined by its fanbase, which is ironic as I still like Rick and Morty and Community despite their fanbases. (As for Community. I admit, I WAS their fanbase. But I was never a "freak out in a McDonalds because they ran out of sauce" Community fan. Just a Twitter campaigner. #SixSeasonsAndAMovie)

As well as most of the other DCEU stuff. I saw Bats + Supes in the theater just to watch a train wreck and that was the last thing. No Suicide Squad, no Justice League, no Aquaman.

Also, WestWorld, Bojack Horseman, nothing Anime because I don't give a shit, haven't even watched Black Mirror aside from Bandersnatch.

There's so much.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hah interesting thread as I literally finished Avatar yesterday after all these years of not watching it.
And DAMN it was worth it, what an amazing show. Now I finally understand why so many people love it so much.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel everything.
Well, I've seen Ironman 1 and Guardians 1.... and I suppose the Maguire Spiderman and the earlier Xmen movies. But literally nothing else from the past 10 years.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Probably most things. Like I feel the only "big" things I've kept up with were GoT, Star Wars, and MCU. But the music scene? Way behind.

A lot of it just due to aesthetic tastes. I tend to prefer animation to live-action, and well, so much of pop culture TV/film is live-action so whelp. Strangely, haven't finished Avatar, in part because book 1 didn't interest me (I hear book 2 and 3 get better?) but also netflix decided to yoink avatar before I could try book 2 and now that it's back, I don't have netflix šŸ˜‚ . So idk if I'll ever get back around to that one.