What “dead” PS IP would you like adapted?

• Resistance

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • The Mark of Kri

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Siphon Filter

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Infamous

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • Tokyo Jungle

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Puppeteer

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 37 32.7%

• Total voters

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is sitting on a ton of games, both series and single entries, that most likely won't see any new entries. No recent releases or lack of much if any outside interest doesn't seem to be stopping adaptations being made for games like Gravity Rush or Twisted Metal. So in a world where Sony is looking to mine their wealth of gaming properties to use in new mediums for the ever content starved masses what either recently dropped or since buried game would you like to see get an adaptation and what kind? Me? I want a Bloodborne film starring Chris Pratt. Imagine him stopping some giant Lovecraftian beast with this move:

giphy.gif

Edit: to be clear I'm talking about game(s) that are long since abandoned by Sony or those they seem to have little interest in doing much with as far as new games. Listing recent games or those that could possibly get another entry like Death Stranding kind of misses the point of the thread.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
A Sly Cooper animated series always felt like a no-brainer.

Hell, Sly, Jak and Ratchet all would've made good cartoons. I don't know why Sony was so gung-ho about immediately trying to go the movie route with them.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I would be kind of interested in a Killzone adaptation. Wouldn't say no to a gritty sci fi series or movie.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Sony Pictures has the talent to make a good movie of any game IP so I'd rather Sony spend their money on other things. Movie versions of games are never good.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Jungle could be cook but I think Blasto could make a good adult cartoon and I'd like to see more done with Jersey Devil.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
ykw let's aim for the nutty.

Boku no Natsuyasumi TV Show (Animation preferably)

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne as a high quality tv event show that's one season could potentially work, but it'll clearly be a passion project rather than a money maker with multiple seasons. Also you'd need some damn good writers and producers to put it all together in a coherant manner as the story has to flow and the fights be huge moments.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Wipeout wipeout wipeout

Gimme a racing anime serial with Redline-esque production

A Sly Cooper animated series always felt like a no-brainer.

Hell, Sly, Jak and Ratchet all would've made good cartoons. I don't know why Sony was so gung-ho about immediately trying to go the movie route with them.

Bloodborne animated Castlevania style, or a live action by C. Gans.

Tokyo Jungle could be cook but I think Blasto could make a good adult cartoon and I'd like to see more done with Jersey Devil.

ykw let's aim for the nutty.

Boku no Natsuyasumi TV Show (Animation preferably)

Folklore could be a great animated series

Dark Cloud anime could work
Is there any indication that Playstation Production is interested in animation? Everything they have working for are all live action, right?

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Wild Arms, with Chris Pine playing Jack Van Burace, Anya Taylor-Joy playing Cecilia, Timothy Chalamet playing Rudy, and Chloe Grace Moretz as Calamity Jane.

I'd like an actual game, not a TV show or movie. I get that a successful show or movie could spawn a new game but the priorities would be backwards in my mind.

As for IPs that I would love to see continue…Resistance, SOCOM, Bloodborne, Twisted Metal (I realize that this game is all but confirmed), StarHawk, WarHawk…

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Is there any indication that Playstation Production is interested in animation? Everything they have working for are all live action, right?

nothing has really indicated that they aren't interested either as far as I am aware, could be wrong tho so don't quote me on that.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be a real kick in the teeth if they did this rather than making an actual game of any of these IP lol

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Can I trade in a movie and get another game instead?

edit: Resistance IMO would make for the best movie or TV show.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Jungle all day every day. Give me movies, TV shows, animes, cartoons, comics, Mangas, board games, card game, and video games of this glorious, underutilized ip.