What console will you be playing RDR2 on?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 531 22.3%
  • Playstation 4 Pro

Votes: 969 40.8%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 75 3.2%
  • Xbox One X

Votes: 801 33.7%

• Total voters

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ps4
But in reality, I'll wait for the PC version even if it takes 2 years.
Worst case scenario i'll save money getting it on sale for ps4 if it never happens.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox One X.

My brother and I gameshare. I got Blops 4, so he's gonna get RDR2.

If the exclusive content for PS4 is substantial I may buy that for myself down the road if the game grabs me.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I find it interesting that so many people bought the X for this game without any performance analysis. While X is clrealy more powerful than Pro it is not always reflected in games the difference could end up being negligible, well it could also end up being significant however we still don't know yet.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I'm going to lasso me a used X1X off FB market place. Can pick one up for around £300 which is a decent saving.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I find it interesting that so many people bought the X for this game without any performance analysis. While X is clrealy more powerful than Pro it is not always reflected in games the difference could end up being negligible, well it could also end up being significant however we still don't know yet.

What games is it not reflected in?

This game has sold more Xbox one X's than any microsoft exclusive. It's crazy!

It's going to be interesting to see what the split is across platforms. It could be as close as 60 - 40 to ps4

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
What games is it not reflected in?

It's going to be interesting to see what the split is across platforms. It could be as close as 60 - 40 to ps4

That the impression I got from analysis could be wrong though never got in depth with it. And I think that the gap will be bigger than you think most will still play on regular consoles and there are more PS4 on the market than Xbones.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Pro. Screenshot function, trophies and friends trump any degree of visual fidelity which will look fantastic on the Pro regardless.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
xbox one x.

I feel like I was neglecting my one x after I've bought nearly every multiplatform and big exclusive for the PS4 pro. Preordered the digital edition last night, loading it up with FH4.

Deleted member 22407

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have a PS4, Xbox One and XBOX so it has to be the X.

EDIT: Should say I would prefer PC but since it's not out on that (yet?)...

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
Have an Xbox One S and PS4 Pro, so obviously the Pro.

Interesting how Xbox will be the definitive platform for both Red Dead Redemption games now. Missed out both times, but don't think the disparity will be as big this time compared to 360->PS3.

Deleted member 15632

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
xbox one x.

I feel like I was neglecting my one x after I've bought nearly every multiplatform and big exclusive for the PS4 pro. Preordered the digital edition last night, loading it up with FH4.

Same thinking - I bought Assassins Creed Origins on XBX for the same reason plus I'm not into online play.

Xbox will look better and perform better I'm hoping aswelll!

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
One X.

I get my MP games on the Pro, because I expect it has higher multiplayer populations (though I'm sure the difference isn't noticable in practice).

But I really needed an excuse to use my X again. Ever since game pass I've been playing the MS exclusives on PC.

Nov 3, 2017
PS4 Pro

It's not really that crazy, it just speaks both on consumers want for the biggest strongest box at the best price and their lack of line up

Ps4
But in reality, I'll wait for the PC version even if it takes 2 years.
Worst case scenario i'll save money getting it on sale for ps4 if it never happens.

So is 2 years your upper limit and if it's not out by then you're gonna buy it? I feel like it'll come to PC eventually but maybe when the remasters for next gen drop

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is a hardcore forum full of enthusiasts I thought most would have a Pro / X.

According to the poll most did vote for the Pro/X. There are still a decent amount of people getting it on the base PS4 and it's not too surprising. PS4 versions still hold up decently still, even on a 4K display. The same can't be said for the XBO.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I made the right choice, given the DF tech analysis.
The difference is more noticable than I anticipated.

Tareskog

Oct 30, 2017
Trondheim
At first I didn´t know whether to buy it for my Pro or X. Most of my friends are getting it on Pro and this was something to consider....BUUUUT I figured that I won´t play multiplayer anyway, so X it is for me.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Pro is my choice right now, buying a new console in time for the game.
Even if XBOX One X has slightly better performance, PS4 Pro feels like a better complement to my gaming PC.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Was planning to play on my base PS4, but after DF's analysis I've decided to wait till next year and play on a Pro, provided the game will have been patched to run better and have better IQ, or on an XBX if I end up getting one next year, whichever happens first, I can wait.