• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I never understood the appeal of Luffy from One Piece. Just way too goofy and shouts a lot. Fucker can be annoying at times.

I vastly prefer the secondary characters of One Piece. The Admirals are cool as fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
You really found your "I don't understand why people like X" niche.

It's okay to not be into something others like and leave it at that.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
SSJ2 Gohan didnt hit for me. SSJ1 Goku will always be the pinnacle to me.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I think you might need to calm down on the thread making. You don't need to make a new topic every few hours. There's plenty of time during the quarantine

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Everyone who ever cried in One Piece.

So basically every character.

Mild spoilers here but i can't wait for the upcoming Kaido flashback where we learn about his (Try way too hard to make the readers cry) backstory where Kaido sheds into tears in front of Luffy at the end of it all. You know it is going to happen.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not anime, but Harry Potter the character annoys me.

Everyone who ever cried in One Piece.

So basically every character.

Mild spoilers here but i can't wait for the upcoming Kaido flashback where we learn about his (Try way too hard to make the readers cry) backstory where Kaido sheds into tears in front of Luffy at the end of it all. You know it is going to happen.

You really hate flashbacks.

Thankfully, they are my favorite part of OP (and Naruto too)

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood the appeal of Luffy from One Piece. Just way too goofy and shouts a lot. Fucker can be annoying at times.
I only read a few stories of it, but for me it wasn't so much him as a character himself but how he was really good at sharing scenes with other characters who made the story have different moods when they had the spotlight. Fight-crazy with Zoro, serious and determined with Nami, silly and enthusiastic with Usopp, etc.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I only read a few stories of it, but for me it wasn't so much him as a character himself but how he was really good at sharing scenes with other characters who made the story have different moods when they had the spotlight. Fight-crazy with Zoro, serious and determined with Nami, silly and enthusiastic with Usopp, etc.
Luffy's also great because despite his carefree attitude, he knows exactly when to get serious. He doesn't pull the same trope as other Shonen protagonists where they act like idiots in serious or critical moments and have to get berated by someone else (i.e Goku, Naruto, etc)

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this is something that could go into the manga or anime OTs. It doesn't really need its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.