What game?

• Parasite Eve + Parasite Eve II

Votes: 215 21.1%
  • Xenogears (maybe with added content for Disc 2)

Votes: 381 37.4%
  • Brave Fencer Musashi

Votes: 67 6.6%
  • SaGa Frontier II

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • Vagrant Story

Votes: 291 28.5%
  • Threads of Fate

Votes: 18 1.8%
  • Others

Votes: 33 3.2%

• Total voters

double_heist

Nov 19, 2019
I'm omitting Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics since they've appeared in the Nvidia leaks and they'll most likely be announced soon.

So what PSone game would you like SE to remaster next, why, and what should they add? It seems like every year, they've been releasing PSone classics on modern consoles (FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, Legend of Mana, SaGa Frontier, and lately Chrono Cross).

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vagrant Story is still one of a kind so it's the easy choice, but I chose Xenogears because I want to see that second disc done justice

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Vagrant Story deserves love and attention by a larger audience today.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I love Parasite Eve 1 and 2. I also love Xenogears. This is hard.

Would probably go with PE because that game has had a much bigger impact on me than most.

If Xenogears was guaranteed to have the disc 2 content that never the light of the day tho....I would probably go with that.

Apal_ytos

Oct 29, 2017
Greece
That's one of the few times that I agree with the top 3 of the poll. :)
For me, Xenogears first, but they must do something about the 2nd disc.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Parasite Eve. PE2 is fine, too.

Threads of Fate sucks, but at least it has one of my favorite pieces of music in a game (Passing Through the Forest), Junya Nakano is so underrated as a composer.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Vagrant Story is still one of a kind so it's the easy choice, but I chose Xenogears because I want to see that second disc done justice

I recently replayed -Xenogears-, and it's a -super- rough game on a -narrative- and -pacing- front. Even if a possible remake -could- do the Disk Two content "justice", the -game- is littered with a hodgepodge of -confusing- themes of existentialism, religion, psychology and -mythology- that also over-extends it's -reach-. I honestly think it -would- be a waste to -remake- this game, when the -Xenoblade- series was able to refine what Gears and Saga were -trying- to accomplish before it.

Also, the in-game text has an odd habit of accentuating important -words- with -dashes-, leading to -sentences- that look like -this-.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
They can all take a backseat to TERRANIGMA
They freaking released Actraiser, they can do Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma.
If they were only doing say Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest shit I would lose all hope, but they've been remastering Romancing Saga, Live A Live, just weird shit. I hope they remember the Enix catalog sometime.

Oct 28, 2017
Xenogears, but I love disc two in its current form. So I'm super excited about a new vision on the back half of this game.

Oct 28, 2017
I recently replayed -Xenogears-, and it's a -super- rough game on a -narrative- and -pacing- front. Even if a possible remake -could- do the Disk Two content "justice", the -game- is littered with a hodgepodge of -confusing- themes of existentialism, religion, psychology and -mythology- that also over-extends it's -reach-. I honestly think it -would- be a waste to -remake- this game, when the -Xenoblade- series was able to refine what Gears and Saga were -trying- to accomplish before it.

Also, the in-game text has an odd habit of accentuating important -words- with -dashes-, leading to -sentences- that look like -this-.
Or maybe it wasn't for you? Also Xenoblade is absolute trash compared to Xenogears in more ways then one, but definitely in the story department.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser Employee Are Sick
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I haven't played any of them yet so... Any of Them lol

Maybe SaGa. I want all those games to be accessible enough for when I inevitably start my SaGa journey (I liked FF2)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I would vote parasite eve, but then you went and put PE2 as well

PE2 should be retconned into non-existence and a new sequel should be made

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
i adore xenogears & still intend to play 2.0 version, but honestly vagrant story would benefit the most from some updates/maybe voicework

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I would vote parasite eve, but then you went and put PE2 as well

PE2 should be retconned into non-existence and a new sequel should be made

I've never been able to make it more than a couple hours into Parasite Eve II. I never liked Resident Evil, so I always hated how they turned PE2 into a Resident Evil clone. I'm fine pretending Parasite Eve was a one off thing and nothing came after it.

Xenoblade is a terrible series. It has some of the worst otaku pandering trash outside of an Idea Factory and game and one of the worst battle systems ever made.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Based on that poll:
  1. Vagrant Story.
  2. Parasite Eve 1 & 2.
  3. Musashi.
  4. Saga Frontier 2.
Maybe?

I wouldn't touch Xenogears remaster if there's no any instant text dialogue speed.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I voted Vs, but I believe that one is more fitting for a remake/reimagining.

Between FFXVI, the leaked FFT and TO remasters, we gotta keep pushing the medieval fantasy wave.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Xenogears first and then VS.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Valkyrie Profile, which is available on Android and it takes basically zero effort to be ported on PC and Console.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
everyone-angry.gif

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Xenoblade is a terrible series. It has some of the worst otaku pandering trash outside of an Idea Factory and game and one of the worst battle systems ever made.

At least Blade doesn't name drop -random- names from the -Bible- just to make a setting or character -sound- cool, but doing not much else to -explain- that characters presence in -that- game with it's heavy-handed -religious- and -philosophical- overtones, often -mangling- Christian symbolism to unintentionally -hilarious- effect. Oh, and Gears had aped a ton of -shit- from Neon Genesis Evangelion, including having giant robots pulling off insane stunts.

Seriously, Xenogears has not hold up on the narrative front, and it only gets worse when you make progress and eventually dive into Disk Two. If this game does get a remake, it desperately needs to fix a ton of stuff to make the story more cohesive if it's main goal is to be a religious conspiracy that eventually comits to the act of fighting against that games version of God.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
If they remastermake Vagrant Story they need to fix weapon swapping and maybe add a few areas. Would like to see it get another shot, though I still think it's a niche game at most.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Xenogears definitely. I also think they should not mess up with the story, we're not talking about some small brush-up, or writing some extra lines of dialogues for the credits section like what they asked Kato to do for Chrono Cross.

And Vagrant Story next for sure.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
FFVII-IX but higher quality remasters. In widescreen, with redrawn backgrounds, new music and character models.

But aside from that yeah Vagrant Story.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
I choose Xeno.
But if they did Vagrant Story right, with hi-rez textures and kept the look intact and added some minor stuff like quick swap or faster ways to change weapons... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Would be magic.

Oct 25, 2017
Parasite Eve - with or without PE2. I love PE2 for what it is (RE2 the RPG), but it's not great and when I tried replaying it a year or so ago its flaws had become more apparent.

Had to Google Threads of Fate - had no idea that was the US name.