What retail price do you expect for the PS5 DualSense controller?

• $99.99

Votes: 31 3.1%
  • $89.99

Votes: 39 3.9%
  • $79.99

Votes: 212 21.1%
  • $69.99

Votes: 403 40.1%
  • $59.99 (DualShock 4 price)

Votes: 321 31.9%

• Total voters

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Given that it is PS4 BC, it may actually be limited to just PS4 games. Nothing has been officially confirmed yet now that I take a moment to think about it.

I really hope they let PS4 controllers be used with a game if the developer allows it and/or the game can function fine without the extra features.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
$79.99

Nintendo set a new standard with the joycons and Sony will try to get away with it too.

I expect Microsoft controllers to stay the same price as they've reduce cost and components over this gen so the profit is already there.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's definitely going up I'm guessing 79.99 but I could see 89.99 since the profits can be real high in controllers.

Y'all saying $59.99 are crazy even a colored ds4 is $65 right now.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The dream: $499 console with two controllers!

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Normal controller price. Why on Earth would a controller suddenly cost more that $60 let alone close to $100 😂

How old are you? It was only a couple of consoles ago (PS2) that controllers were only $20. I'm sure you'd have said the same thing then, laughing at the idea of expensive controllers. I don't know what the price will be, but I guarantee it will be more than a Dual Shock 4.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
$100 if my theory is correct. Repost from another thread:

I think there is a secret: the outer handles detach and connect to motion controllers. Here's why:

1. They look detachable. Why would you create seams for dirt otherwise?
2. Dualsense doesn't make much sense as a name based on what we know. It sure would if the handles double as motion controllers.
3. It sells the PSVR2. This way they don't have to pack in motion controllers thus raising the price of PSVR2. People will buy a $500 console and $300 VR head set over both $400 console and $400 headset.
4. Justifies a $100 controller price, and again people splurge on console purchases. They get another $40 out of ever 2nd controller buyer.
5. Every PS5 owner has motion controls, therefore no split user base and developers are this free to make motion controlled games.

If you look at the pictures a black interior goes to the bottom of each handle. I think that's a stem. The outer white shells slide off and attach to motion stems, also included. We're going to get this reveal at some sort of E3 Sony direct I bet.

Nov 8, 2017
Switch Pro controller has already broken the barrier and there wasn't rioting in the streets, so it's fairly plausible it could be 70. Even if XSX controller came in $10 cheaper, it's not the kind of thing that anybody is deciding consoles over, so as long as the market will accept it, they don't have a meaningful incentive to not go to that level now.

Oct 31, 2017
I am thinking $80 bucks. If it comes in at that price, has all of the features they've already mentioned (haptic feedback and the programmable triggers) PLUS winds up having paddles/backside buttons, I think $80 bucks would be a steal. Especially if the build quality of the controller is much improved over the DualShock 4 (which I'm hoping it is).

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
$100 if my theory is correct. Repost from another thread:

I think there is a secret: the outer handles detach and connect to motion controllers. Here's why:

1. They look detachable. Why would you create seams for dirt otherwise?
2. Dualsense doesn't make much sense as a name based on what we know. It sure would if the handles double as motion controllers.
3. It sells the PSVR2. This way they don't have to pack in motion controllers thus raising the price of PSVR2. People will buy a $500 console and $300 VR head set over both $400 console and $400 headset.
4. Justifies a $100 controller price, and again people splurge on console purchases. They get another $40 out of ever 2nd controller buyer.
5. Every PS5 owner has motion controls, therefore no split user base and developers are this free to make motion controlled games.

If you look at the pictures a black interior goes to the bottom of each handle. I think that's a stem. The outer white shells slide off and attach to motion stems, also included. We're going to get this reveal at some sort of E3 Sony direct I bet.

I would argue for number 2 haptics plus resistant triggers would cover dualsense. That's more then dualshock with a motor on each side.

The motion control thing is interesting though didn't think of that.

Edit: actually would make sense of that patent, those not being back buttons but release buttons.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
More than $60: Switch Pro Controller ($69), Switch Joy-Con pair ($79)

Close to $100: Xbox Elite Controller ($179)
This is a thread about a regular ps5 controller. I did not refer to Nintendo accessories which are usually more expensive (just like their games) and I was for sure not talking about ELITE controllers. Why would an ELITE controller be as cheap as a regular $60 controller??

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This is a thread about a regular ps5 controller. I did not refer to Nintendo accessories which are usually more expensive (just like their games) and I was for sure not talking about ELITE controllers. Why would an ELITE controller be as cheap as a regular $60 controller??
All you said was "a controller." Are Nintendo controllers not controllers? Are Nintendo's $60 games more expensive than Sony's or MS's $60 games? Are Elite controllers not controllers?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The DS4 is still over $50 not sure how much all the new features plus the old ones will add up.

New:
Haptic feedback
USB-C
Adaptive triggers
Built-in microphone array
The new "Create" button
Old:
Touchpad
Gyro
Built in rechargeable battery
3.5mm headphone jack
Speaker
Bluetooth

Last edited:

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be more expensive than the DualShock 4. Sony will probably take a hit on the console so they'll need that bit extra from accessory sales.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll put my metaphorical chips on $79.99. The haptics alone ensures that it will be more expensive than the DualShock 4.