Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Wonder Woman is so underrepresented in games it is crazy. She hasn't been in that many compared to other well known characters and she's never headlined her own game. I'm way more interested in a WW game than another try at Supes.

Too important and too iconic to have gotten almost zero love from video games.

Jul 13, 2018
Yea, the problem with that is that I specifically stated games like MSM, not "games with superhero characters in general". Hell, throw MOBAs and Temple Run games in there too for all I care. Those aren't the games I was referring to, and I laid it out pretty plainly in the OP.

Stop mentioning Injustice, because that is not MSM-like.
While Injustice may not be like Marvel's Spider-Man, it certainly is AAA. Mobile games obviously should not be accounted for. I suppose the better question would be "Which superhero deserves the AAA console/PC treatment?".

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Iron Man, we need a flying hero to get this treatment and who better than someone who probably has more suits than Spidey. We'd be able to go on about what suits we hope for and what kind of special abilities they'd have.

OP
OP
Liquor

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
While Injustice may not be like Marvel's Spider-Man, it certainly is AAA. Mobile games obviously should not be accounted for. I suppose the better question would be "Which superhero deserves the AAA console/PC treatment?".
I'm just confused at to what the break in communication is here. I am speaking in genre specifics, here. Fighters aren't what I am speaking of when trying to capture how it feels to be these heroes. That's like "what game that follows in MSM's footsteps would you guys wanna see? How about a Hulk Pinball game! Let me unleash my massive rage on a pinball.

You guys keep mentioning titles like RS' Batman, which I agree was a major turning point for these kinds of games, as if you are acknowledging (but still derailing the thread) what I am saying, and then mention Injustice. This is very weird. Why is this even a difference in the discussion? How many times do we need to dance in this circle?

- I am not dismissing the Arkham series by asking the community what game's should follow in the latest, and IMO new standard for super hero romps.
- The gap in games I speak of are ones that are indeed like Arkham, like Marvel's Spider-Man. Injustice, Marvel vs Capcom, or Marvel End Time Arena are not games I am speaking about.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
How about Nightcrawler? I could see Insomniac doing their own take on the character with a lot of freedom to rewrite his character in such a way that would make him a very viable feeling solo hero.

Jul 13, 2018
I'm just confused at to what the break in communication is here. I am speaking in genre specifics, here. Fighters aren't what I am speaking of when trying to capture how it feels to be these heroes. That's like "what game that follows in MSM's footsteps would you guys wanna see? How about a Hulk Pinball game! Let me unleash my massive rage on a pinball.

You guys keep mentioning titles like RS' Batman, which I agree was a major turning point for these kinds of games, as if you are acknowledging (but still derailing the thread) what I am saying, and then mention Injustice. This is very weird. Why is this even a difference in the discussion? How many times do we need to dance in this circle?

- I am not dismissing the Arkham series by asking the community what game's should follow in the latest, and IMO new standard for super hero romps.
- The gap in games I speak of are ones that are indeed like Arkham, like Marvel's Spider-Man. Injustice, Marvel vs Capcom, or Marvel End Time Arena are not games I am speaking about.
Hulk Pinball would be a must have game lol. In terms of Arkham/Marvel's Spider-Man style games, I'd really like Wonder Woman to get her chance to shine in a AAA action-adventure RPG. A Batman Beyond game would also be a top choice of mine. Flying around in a futuristic style Gotham would be so cool.

In terms of superhero team up games, The Avengers, Justice League and X-Men would be at the top of my list. The former is currently in development (can't wait to see gameplay) and Justice League has been rumored as well. Hopefully we'll get another big superhero game in 2019.