Oct 29, 2017

Hickman's story arc: The Beyonders shutting down the multiverse simulation they are running by terminating the defragmenter (Galactus) and initiating the kill switch (molecule man) in each of their multiversal simulations is what I want to see as the big threat in Avengers 6.

That could even fit into why Thanos wants to destroy earth and half the universe, to restore balance, prevent the impending multiversal collapse with earth as the point of collison and so that the simulation takes up far fewer resources so that perhaps the Beyonders could continue running it.

Basically the next phase should cover and build up to Jonathan Hickman entire run at Marvel.

Last edited:

JackFrost

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
As much as I enjoy the path the MCU took with Civil War, and it's payoff is still yet to come, I do wonder if they should have played that storyline out against phase 4 instead.

It would be a sharp change in stakes compared to the Thanos threat. I'm a little hesitant to go through another slow-build, world-ending scenario.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doom, Galactus or Kang. Doom could be fun since he could show up in a bunch of movies as he does his plans, same for Kang.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Marvel is introducing the Skrull, right? In the comics, Galactus consumes their homeworld. Why not do something with that?

Maybe the Skrull begin invading dozens of world's, acting far more erratically and aggressively than they ever have before, and it's revealed after a failed invasion of Earth that they're actually running from something that gobbled up their entire planet.

Then you introduce the Silver Surfer, who is drawing Galactus to the worlds the Skrull are fleeing to, and the conflict shifts from fighting back the Skrull to stopping Galactus turning Earth into a sandwich.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
We just had Magneto (and it was a good Magneto IMO). Never had a good Doom so that's my pick. Plus where is Galactus?

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much about comics but Doom seems like he'd be really great within the MCU

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Doom would be fun. He could get his own movie and set up his motivations and story and somehow tie Avengers 2 Sokovia in.

A connection to Avengers 2 would also mean a personal connection to the Avengers and the stakes wouldn't just explode into Space and end in saving the earth again. IMO it's important to do something different after being as bombastic as you can. A personal finale of the next arc that won't need CGI armies would be preferred by me. And Doom also leaves open some mindfuckery in the after credits scenes.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Hickman's story arc: The Beyonders shutting down the multiverse simulation they are running by terminating the defragmenter (Galactus) and initiating the kill switch (molecule man) in each of their multiversal simulations is what I want to see as the big threat in Avengers 6.

That could even fit into why Thanos wants to destroy earth and half the universe, to restore balance, prevent the impending multiversal collapse with earth as the point of collison and so that the simulation takes up far fewer resources so that perhaps the Beyonders could continue running it.

Basically the next phase should cover and build up to Jonathan Hickman entire run at Marvel.

I still stand by my crazy idea that the Fantastic Four and X-Men should initially exist in their own universe. Mr. Fantastic should show up in an Avengers film as a villain who is trying to save his own universe. Eventually everyone teams up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Really want Red Skull to come back for another Cap movie atleast.

But for the overall MCU, the next big bad should be Annihilus for Guardians 3 and whatever is next for the cosmic mcu. Then the Skrulls for the next phase of earth based movies. And finally Dr. Doom is the next Thanos style big bad.

The Fox and Disney deal better go through but its probably going to be awhile.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Full pivot to X-Men. Shiiar empire, death bird, star jammers, lilandra, imperial guard... done with marvel budget and talent.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Russos Wanna adapt Secret wars they have said when deal finalises so let them, they can change it slightly too, like Civil War

So Doom