• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TLoU part 1 last weekend. It was incredible. The ai was so impressive and every human encounter feels exhilarating.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
My wife went out of town for a conference. I bought Undertale on a whim and played it all friday night into saturday morning. I think I went to bed around 4am. This was before we had kids.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Never have done that. At most until midnight in games like Starcraft II.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
Danganronpa 2. The final chapters in those games are always way longer than the first few.

twister926

Apr 28, 2022
Probably one of World of Warcraft expansion launch days, when I took some days off to level up my character. That was maybe 10 years ago and I was in my late 20s. These days I wouldn't be able to pull that off.

I will never forget the first time a video game got me playing until sunrise. It was Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and I was in high school. At some point I realized that in 30 minutes my mom would wake me up, so I turned off my PC and jumped to my bed and started to pretend I was sleeping. I was barely conscious for the rest of that dat.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, a long ass time ago. Not since my mid 20s. I remember doing so with FFT and FFVII when they first released. But that's when I worked till late, getting home around 10pm and stayed up until dawn.

My body is too old to pull that shit now. Recently I stayed up until close to midnight playing DQ XI S and that is late for me. Normally I am long asleep by that time.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Every Grand Theft Auto from III - IV, RuneScape, and Lord of the Rings Online.

Diablo 3 as well.

Oct 28, 2017
Apex Legends. Sometimes you go on a streak of bad games and refuse to quit until you finally get that one game that goes well. If you know you know.

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Curse of the Dead Gods just in the last month, and before that it was Two Point Campus

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was 1996 or 1997 when I played Chrono Trigger all night.

I had work the next day and I remember I also fell asleep numerous times on the drive home (it was cold as fuck outside and the warm air in the car made it really hard to stay awake). I never tried to drive when sleepy after that experience.

Now? lol hell no. I only stay up for work or something with the family. No game or media could keep me up all night now.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when I got OG RE4 on release, I was playing from 8PM to 6am and made it 1/2 way through the castle in one session. I couldn't put the thing down and finished it in 3 or 4 sittings.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Elden Ring, Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak and FFXIV Endwalker

About to do it again with RE4R too!

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on PC. Wasn't my first time through the game (played it on PS3 originally) but this playthrough in particular really sucked me in.

Streets of Rage 4 so I could really enjoy Cherry's guitar-based dash attack. Played for hours.
c5f.gif

Dec 6, 2017
US
Death Stranding

Went in assuming I'd hate it so I only rented it from a Redbox (or was it a GameFly trial??). I kind of just wanted to get in on all the memes and jokes, I admit it.

Ended up playing the fucking game for six and a half hours straight and had to force myself to put it down because it was like 5AM on a Saturday.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's difficult to remember. Maybe The Last of Us: Part II, but I'm not sure. That's just the last major game I played in a time where I would have stayed up like that.

Actually, technically, I'm pretty sure it would be VRChat. Not anytime recently, but there were a couple of times a couple of years ago where I played with friends until the sun rose, or close to it at least.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up until sunrise almost every Saturday night/Sunday morning playing Dead by Daylight during pandemic times. I don't think I've done it since last summer, though. I stay up pretty late on the weekends, still, but don't think I've hit sunrise since then.

Couch

Dec 9, 2020
Night in the woods. I was a near college drop-out at that point in my life... it struck a chord.

Syinn

Jun 14, 2021
User Banned (1 Month): Discussion of Banned Game
Was a recent open world game. I loved it. It hogged my time, warts an all with some glitches.

I really enjoyed it and went for the 100%, which I also haven't done in an open world game In a good while. Be interesting to see what kinda legacy it leaves award wise...if any 👀

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Mario 64
Not kidding, it has been a long ass time, but I am also 48 now. The time for doing all-nighters has long passed.

Jul 1, 2020
Mass Effect 3 was the last game I stayed up super late to continue playing. That original, unpatched ending hits different when combined with 3am delirium.

Ckoerner

Aug 7, 2019
Persona 5 Royal. Only because I beat the big baddie and still had like 45 minutes of exposition afterwards. XD

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i havent stayed up all night till sunrise for anything since i was 27 or something

i did play four hours straight of wrath of the righteous, i guess that was a record for recent me

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
I think I only did that for Diablo III on release day, because I wasn't able to play it until sometime in the middle of the night

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Staying up to 3am to reach the theatre showdown in TLOU2 thinking I'd nearly finished the game lol

Oct 26, 2017
I'm something of a night owl anyway, so in the summer when it's light at around 4 AM it's really not unlikely I'll still be awake even if I'm not playing a game.

I do remember back when I was a teen and I played all the way through the first disc of FFVII in one sitting. I decided that was enough for the night, saved it the was amazed when I turned and saw sunlight streaming through the window. So in the spirit of the thread, That's be my answer.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Monster hunter world or whatever mmo we were playing at the time.
Last weekend I stuck into bed around 4am...so it was close. (gawd damnit MH: Rise))

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I have never in my life stayed up all night to play a game.

However, I was entranced by *What Remains of Edith Finch* when I played it for the first time last year. It's not terribly long, but I did it all in one sitting, I was so into it.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Can't recall the last one but I have a strong feeling RE4R will be the next.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Wild Hearts just a few weeks ago, I was on vacation so staying up late was easy. I hurt my eyes and had to force myself to take naps and use lenses while playing until I felt I wasn't sleepy anymore and my eyes healed.

I remember doing excersize and feeling absolutely destroyed until I realized it was due to not sleeping enough.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
I am old as shit so it's been a good while. Probably Halo 3. Went to college all day, worked a midnight shift, got home at 8:45am and played until 5:30am the next day. Crazy idiot back then, and I was old enough to know better…