• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I remember hand-tallying electoral votes as they were coming in.

Once the math showed that it was going to happen, I got drunk.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Disappointment.

Wouldn't be the first GOP presidency I lived through as an adult. Probably won't be the last, either.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I yelled and cursed louder than I'd ever yelled and cursed before. Woke my entire family up, but fuck them - half of them voted for Trump.

Got good and drunk that night and told my Trump-loving boss to go fuck himself, then spent the next day chilling in silence at a friend's place instead of going to work.

edit - no I didn't get fired

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Shrugged and went to bed. I predicted it the day he announced he was running. I said as much on Neogaf. Too bad I can't dig up my post anymore.

Oct 31, 2017
It was one of the darkest days of my life honestly, and it felt reminiscent to watching 9/11 happen live. A feeling of pure dread and a sense of ominous atmosphere just everywhere.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I was working in a lab with some mates and we put up the electoral map on a projector. Throughout the day our faces changed from 'this is fun' to 'what the fuck is wrong with America'.

Went for a run that evening and ran pretty fast too because it pissed me off.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, why explain it?

So Trump supporters here can jerk it to our misery?

We'd probably be better served focusing on how we rectify the situation.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I was hosting an "Election Night Comedy Show", we gave free admission to anyone who voted. The show was 90 minutes, and that 90 minutes was enough to see things go from hopeful to dreadful, and the entire audience was somber and silent for the last 10 minutes, struggling to find a reason to think anything was funny.

We all hung out and drank together, but no one was really having a good time.

Oct 28, 2017
ohgodimlosingmymind_4g2ifu.gif

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I'd been mentally preparing myself for the likelihood of President Trump for weeks ahead of time (when he first announced he was running I got really annoyed because his name recognition was sure to take him further than he would have gotten otherwise), so on election night I was mostly just annoying people by being pessimistic before things were called.

What's funny is we decided to have an election results party prematurely, still hoping that the outcome would align with the polls.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was in a bar in Hollywood and as the night started to get worse and worse my girlfriend and I just kept drinking. Lost our appetite too. The entire bar was just a hushed tone.

Except for one asshole. Fuck that guy. Still remember him applauding.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I was onboard a cruise ship, but I guessed/assumed it would happen way before it actually happened.

I hadn't planned to let it bother me, but some MAGA hat wearing asshole stranger decided to approach me (i'm black) in the elevator and try to rub it in my face.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Knew he was going to win the moment he decided to run. Felt like Dave Chappele in that election night SNL skit for 12 months.

As far as that night? Was raiding in Destiny, got the CNN alert, nothing I could do about it. Knew FB would be a shit show the next morning.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Had to take a deep breath; there would have been work to do for everyone.

Fun fact: the Council on Foreign Relations held an emergency organization-wide meeting the next morning.

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest? It was like 9/11. My whole body felt hot, I could feel myself physically start falling apart. My wife was asleep in the other room and I didn't want to wake her up for this, so I called up my brother and had him come over so we could have the same "what are we gonna do?" conversation that I assume many of you had. Fell asleep only when my body was so exhausted that I couldn't stay awake anymore. Woke up at 5am to my wife crying, reading the news on her phone. It was miserable.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I went to bed early really really hoping that things would turn around, woke up around 3am and stupidly checked my phone. I did not get any more sleep after that. And I mean to this day.

Dean

Oct 27, 2017
When Hillary was behind in both Michigan and Wisconsin, I went to tell my mom what was probably going to happen, and then went to sleep hoping it would be different from what I expected when I woke up.

rucury

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I got real angry. Then I loaded up on sleeping pills and woke up wondering if it was all a dream. Sadly, it was not

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it coming, but wished it wouldn't happen. Was busy consoling my girlfriend and trying not to say I told you so.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I was off and stared at the TV stunned. My girlfriend got home from work and started crying when I told her the news.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just felt kinda numb and walked into work. Our office was dead silent the first hour of the day. No one needed to say anything, the dread in the air was palpable.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Up here in Canada

All of us were at the office watching the entire thing + talking to people on Slack

It was basically a collective

tenor.gif

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was completely stunned and in disbelief. My wife cried her eyes out. I talked to my dad for about an hour & he did his best to raise our spirits.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Central Europe here.

Went to sleep early because I thought it was going to be "boring" and an "easy win" for H-dawg.

Wake up the next day, start going through my Twitter feed and was very concerned as it started to get increasingly grim. My reaction is best described by a very famous GIF of Donald Glover with Pizza in his hands.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reaction was to keep drinking, only I stopped and went to work the next morning. I think I should have kept drinking.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I slammed half a fifth of vodka and drunk texted my boss I was going to go turn on the car and sit in the garage. He knew I was joking more than I did.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I felt betrayed by humankind as a whole.

I still can't wrap my head that the people voted for this dumb snakeoil salesman.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to go to work and hear coworkers cheer. I immediately decided I had to volunteer for the Dems, and prepare to flee if things got bad.

I also decided Republicans were the enemy, and I would view them the same way I did any other enemy of the US.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I probably felt the exact same as a Republican did when Mitt Romney lost in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.