Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the thing I did with my first real job was save up to build a computer. It was only like $200 every few weeks since I only worked weekends, but to a teenager that was a ton of money. It wasn't a nice computer but damn it felt awesome.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember if it was the first thing I got, but back in high school I and a friend from school pooled money to buy a full box of Star Wars CCG booster packs. I got all the good rares. :P

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
food.

literal the first thing i did when i got my first paycheck was going to carls jr

(carls jr is good here in mexico)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With my first part-time job I built a mid-tier gaming PC. Many years later, with my first full-time job I bought a car. And built a high-tier gaming PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a PS4 with my first paycheck. Got the Black Friday bundle too, with GTAV and TLOU. Was a steal at $375 on eBay for a sealed console.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
My dad didn't want me working and wanted me to focus solely on school so I didn't get my first job until College during summer after 1st/2nd year. I'm pretty sure anything that ever I made all went towards some kind of school related expense - probably first towards books and then later towards tuition as I made more through various jobs during school.

So money wasn't that exciting.

The main fun thing I did purchase in College was a launch PS3 Slim. $299 for something that offered that much entertainment wasn't a bad buy at all.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Not really bought, but living alone, having an apartment to myself was a great feeling.
Got old after couple of months though.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I spent like $30 out of my first check at the local mini golf course. Arcade games, go-karts and greasy ass pizza. I never got more than $5 in spending money back then.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I finally bought a real bed. I had been using my little kids bed from when i was 12 years old. I didnt even fit on it anymore. I was 23 when i finally got an adult sized bed.I worked through college but used that money for tuition and living expenses. Bought the bed after I graduated and was finally done.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
I have a distinct memory of buying a GamePro magazine, York Peppermint Patty, and Sobe drink around the time of my first paycheck.

I made 5.50 an hour bagging groceries at the age of 14 (2001).

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I started working at age 12 to save up for a guitar and amp. I worked in my parents video store, nights and weekends for almost a year to save up. I remember when I finally had enough and they kept trying to convince me that I should save my money and not spend all in one go, but I was like "this is why I spent the last year working so hard". I just remember plugging that thing in and not knowing a thing about how to play it, but it sounded really fucking cool.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation games, I took more risks in choosing. I got Front Mission 3 as my first self bought game. I was still in High School so I didn't have to worry about anything but fun stuff.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
Ny very first check, I bought a 3DS with Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 3d Land. Worth every penny.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Back in 2002 I had a box of anime DVDs coming from dvdexpress.com (I think that was the name) almost every other week. I think Battle Athletes Victory was probably the first entire show I managed to purchase. Ah, the good ol' animeondvd.com forum days.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I bought a Hohner bass guitar from a pawn shop for 72 bucks. Felt good. I was making 4.25 an hour at McDonalds

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
BzS2BMJ.jpg

My first guitar, an LTD EC50 (this isn't actually it but looked exactly like it). My sister got me a job at the McDonalds she worked at. She also lent me the money to buy this before I got my first paycheck. I worked there all through highschool and a year or so after. I'll never forget their nickel a year raises.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
If you mean my first out-of-school job, I bought an Alienware. LOL, what a fool. But I had wanted one long before I knew computer science, so I made it happen. Now I build my rigs.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I bought a GBA Micro with my first paycheck. I went on to use it twice, it seems like that system has its fans but I wasn't digging the ridiculously small screen.