• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 15, 2019
Yeah it can't make Star Wars any worse.

Besides it can't get more stupid than Palpatine in RoS so might as well.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was always on board for this and with Rise of Skywalker setting the bar so low, what do you have to lose?

Palpatine announced his return in Fortnite.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
It would have been a cool reveal in Clones and then thrown away when Anakin cut his head off in Sith. No, before you even say it, Doku died because Lucas didn't need him anymore. He was pointless in that story, and Doku was Darth Jar Jar, if you believe the theories. Only Sheev and Vader could survive the prequels. At least that was his thought at the time. Now we know fucking everyone survived, becuase fuck you, tv shows.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
At no point have I looked at Star Wars and said "what this all needs is more legitimized internet memes".

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Palpatine Returned vs Darth Jar Jar.

Darth fucking Jar Jar everytime like seriously. Could have tied in so fucking well if they just used the fan assumptions as fact the legworks all built.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should have done it in the prequel trilogy. Now doing it would be forced, but they already scrapped any semblance of good writing with rise of Skywalker, so to hell with it, why not.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Not even an all-time great Sith lord would allow themselves to take a nut shot like he did in order to maintain cover.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Jar Jar's design and voice would make it impossible to take him seriously as a villain but I like the idea

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure the "clown" character ending up being the villain pulling the strings was a twist in some other sci fi thing but I can't remember what it was.

I'd love to see how they would try to make Jar Jar look and sound menacing, it would be a hell of a task.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't be more stupid than anything in TROS so go ahead Disney

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love how Jar Jar was such a shit and offensive character that even 20 years later we still have people trying to justify it will batshit fan theories.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
Jar Jar would've been a far more satisfying villain than Snoke and Palpatine, so why not. The Darth Jar Jar theory is better than most of what we've gotten out of the franchise since it was written.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
You would hear about how much fans have always loved Jar Jar, and how they always knew it. I think it would go over fairly well, because people want their Star Wars trivia knowledge to be rewarded.
Imagine if he just dropped the accent and had a menacing voice out of the blue with no warning.
Oooh maybe British?*shivers*

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that would be great and that it should happen.

Jar Jar's voice was fake along anyway. Part of his long game. Don't worry about it.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they can pull it off with some level of gravitas it would be amazing.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
It would be stupidly fun. Sadly I can't see it happening ever. Maaaaybe in comic or book form if anything.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
well at face value he went from being a vaudeville clown to a senator that inadvertently destroyed democracy

so becoming a sith lord or at minimum a dark force user that's actually pedestrian per the universe

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jar Jar was always the true Sith Lord. He set everything in motion.

I would honestly take full anime bullshit like that over the full anime bullshit TROS was.