• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much?

• None. Not interested.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • None. I prefer theaters.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • $10-$20

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • $20-$30

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • $30-$40

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • $40-$50

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • $50+

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Worth revisiting this topic since more theaters are offering subscription models.

Basically how much, if any, would u pay to be able to watch ALL new movies in your home on-demand?

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
not much. maybe $5 tops? i dont really like purchasing digital rentals so id rather just wait for it to be out on bluray or streaming.

i like how less than $10 isn't an option, but "none. not interested" and "none. i prefer theaters" are both listed despite being the same.

edit, do you mean a sub for ALL movies or just one offs? if its all movies id maybe pay $10? id rather just wait a few months until they're on the existing services i have.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I would comfortable pay $40/mo or even a little more. AMC A-List is $42/mo for two people, so that's what I would be comparing it to.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
$0. I can wait for them to hit any of the many streaming services I'm subscribed to.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Probably $10. I'm usually fine with waiting a few months for the home releases so I'm not willing to pay much more than that.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
all new movies in my home on demand?

i would be good with 50$ a month i think, i still wouldn't sign up for it though, thats 600$ a year

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
For all movies? Maybe up to $30.

I'd probably spend more if I could just pay for new movies individually. I'd pay $20 to watch a new movie at home.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It makes me happy to see almost a third of respondents prefer theaters. Damn straight! It would definitely be nice to get moves like Her Smell or The Souvenir at home given that they don't come to theaters near me, but for anything that does come nearby, I would much rather go to the theater than watch at home, no matter the cost.

Though $5 Tuesdays is the icing on the cake.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
My home theater is better than any of the normal theaters around, so I would pay $40-50. The only time I prefer a normal theater is when I'm feeling fat and want someone else to cook.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
My home theater is better than any of the normal theaters around, so I would pay $40-50. The only time I prefer a normal theater is when I'm feeling fat and want someone else to cook.
Pretty much how I feel. I need to upgrade my TV but I'm not in a huge rush.

I'd pay anywhere from 30-50 bucks a month for 2-3 new movies. It has to be out within a week or two of the theater release though.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
For every movie? That seems really like a pretty far-fetched idea, but I'd probably pay $40-50/mo for that.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want new movies, I want comprehensive film service - comparable to streaming music platforms - with no goddamn rotation out.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I voted 20-30, the same price as AMC A-List.

But now that I think about it, I would probably pay extra. Right now the gf and I have two subs for A-List NYC, so that's roughly 50. Add in the convenience factor and time gained by not having to worry about food, transportation, and planning... and yeah, I'd probably pay 80, splitting it in two.

The more I think about this, the more okay I am with this.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Where's that thread about that $300 piece of hardware that would do this in the home? Is that still happening? Because I'm down for that too. But it'll cost me $40 to take my wife, two kids, and myself out to see ONE movie (assuming the ticket price is $10). So I'd say I'm ok with around 40/mo.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
For every new movie on demand? Yeah that's not happening for anything less than $50. Probably a good deal higher, too. I don't think it's impossible to do, but it is likely very expensive.