Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine finding out your partner is pregnant. Then after 9 long months of anticipation she gives birth to a beautiful crispy chicken sandwich. That is the joy some people feel while eating it.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't had it, but I'm going to declare it bad to mediocre like every other chain restaurant menu item. Scarcity and social media hype cause people to go nuts for this crap and things like mcribs.

Nov 9, 2017
It's dumb corporate nonsense idiocracy. It was a feel good story because people want to see Chic Fil A knocked down a peg, but now people are getting beaten up or killed over a chicken sandwich.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
clout culture or whatever enabling shitheads to harass service workers should be a respectable discussion but 'why is sandwich good???? sandwich bad?????' seems to outweigh the thought processing apparently

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's just really good. I'm glad I only had to wait 20 minutes for mine. I generally don't like pickles, but they were good on that sandwich. I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for one and if they ran out, I'd just get some fried chicken.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
My thoughts.

CFA regular > Popeye's Regular
Popeye's Spicy > CFA Spicy

The major issue with Popeye's in my opinion is consistency. They vary wildly between locations because some areas just don't give a damn. Chic-fil-a is super consistent.

Last edited:

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
The Popeye's sandwich is legitimately good. I only had to wait about 7 min for mine before everything blew up, but if it was anything longer than 15 minutes I'd pass. Once they hype dies down they'll probably be my consistent go to when I want a chicken sandwich (Except when there's a Super Chix in the area). Chick fil A still has Popeye's beat on the sauce game though...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing it has going for it is it's a bigger piece of chicken compared to the competition. Now if the chicken itself was spicy and not relying on a sauce then we can start talking.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this is probably gonna go down as one of the best marketing campaigns ever

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm goons pick up some Popeyes today after work. I'll be home alone so I'm gonna pig out.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Also there's a secret at popeye's that most people don't know. Their spice is called Sparkle seasoning you can request packets of this on the side.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
The only wide spread fast food place other than cfa with a fried chicken sandwich that is above average.

Ignoring the meme, it honestly looks real bland

Which means shit for a chicken sandwich. Most of the fancy looking sandwiches are that way in an attempt to make up for their chicken being trash.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Szechuan Sauce of 2019, a moment we'll look at next year and just be too embarrassed to talk about.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
This girl im dating took me to this vegan place that had the equivalent sandwich it was actually amazing. Still need try the real thing

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best fast food chicken sandwich, and it's price is reasonable to pretty much everyone.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
my closest popeyes basically hasn't had the thing available since it came out

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
It's good but I don't know about special. The Southern Chicken Sandwich at Buffalo Wild Wings is just as good. And from what I remember when I used to Chick-Fil-A theirs is also as good.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
We've had this sandwich forever in Canada, its weird seeing american people literally fight over it

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Given how delicious a Popeye's Cajun urkey is, I have no doubt this is equally delicious. Speaking of which, I need to pre-order mine for Thanksgiving!

www.brandeating.com

Review: Popeyes - Cajun Turkey

A review of Popeyes Cajun Turkey. It's fully cooked and available annually around Thanksgiving time.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried the Chick-fil-A sandwich when I was in NYC and I gotta say it was very underwhelming. Americans are weird. Somehow good bread with good cheese is a 'struggle-wich' but some hardly seasoned chicken on a sad bun with pickles is worth fighting over?

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Had it a few days ago, it is damn good, I was honestly craving another last night and I haven't had Popeyes in like a year because it was never anything noteworthy before. I'd put it up there with the Chick-Fil-A sandwich; but with less homophobia.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Wait wait wait wait, hold on. All this drama over a Popeyes chicken sandwich...

And the motherfucking thing doesn't even come on a biscuit? What the hell?
The biscuit at Popeyes are so dry you will choke eating a biscuit sandwich.

The sandwich they have in Canada is probably not as good but it is very tasty imo. But it's fairly expensive; $6 for the sandwich alone on I think Wednesdays

Anyways I'm not a big fan of fast food

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
As a non American I too have been confused as hell.....whenever I get fast food in Europe I always get chicken based meals, usually chicken burgers but sometimes other chicken stuff and honestly after trying American fast food places chicken when I visited my fiancee for 3 months I really was disappointed as all hell at how average it all was,

The reason why Popeyes is so standout is BECAUSE most of the chicken sandwiches at other fast food places are terrible.

Chik-Fil-A is the only place that made good ones, with Wendys a somewhat distant second. There are a LOT of people who have issues with the politics of the people who run Chik-Fil-A though, *and* that place is not open on Sundays.

Popeyes coming up with a sandwich that is flat out better (and it definitely is, sorry Chik-Fil-A fans), more accessible, and without having to support some REALLY shitty politics in the process was the game changer.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Had one for the first time yesterday and the crispy outside crunch-factor can not be undersold.

I know it's a fad and all but the sandwich is genuinely good.

Nov 8, 2017
The Popeyes sandwich is very good. I might need to try it side by side with the Wendy's sandwich. The Spicy Asiago ranch club from Wendy's might be better.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its people who want to be part of the meme so badly that they are willing to hurt other people to do it physically and emotionally, and in extreme cases kill for it. Its consumerism at its worst thats turned people into animals, and its disgusting

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
1. The spicy version is very tasty
2. The chicken in the sandwich is BIG. In fact among the good chicken sandwiches this is the only one where the chicken is bigger than the buns
3. It's very filling
4. Popeyes chicken is generally very good
5. If people were not getting shot, the hype is justified. People just say it's overhyped because some people have called it the second coming but if it was not called the second coming it is in the top 3 of the best chicken sandwiches list for most
6. It's only $4 compared to $6+ CFA, $5 for Wendy's etc

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I've never had the CFA chicken sandwich because CFA, but the Popeyes one is the best fast food chicken sandwich I've ever eaten by a large margin.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the second coming of Jesus, but it's huge, juciy, crispy and the spicy sauce is good. It's a real tasty sandwich and only $4.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
I never got those thread titles till now because for me Popeye is this:

ProvStoreFront.jpg

What? Are they selling chicken sandwich?? Why?

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
It taste's pretty good. I think that's all there is to it.

Oh, and it's like a viral challenge at this point....so...social media?

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't had one, but it's definitely just people getting swept up in the hype. I'm not even saying it's bad, but the shit I've seen people going through trying to get one can't possibly be worth it for a fucking fast food chicken sandwich.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know, I can't get one without waiting like an hour in line.

I tried going to one early last week, like 11am, and the person told me they don;t start selling them until a certain time. She also could not tell me what that time was.

I'll try again in like a week or two after the fervor dies down.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheap, decent sized sandwich.

Other than that it's just a piece of chicken under a bun with mayo and pickle.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
It's arguably the best fast food sandwich I've had but it ain't worth all the absurdity it's caused.