Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Any of the x-men shows

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
The shows that exclusively focus on a team of super heroes.

Teen Titans
TeenTitans_4926700_TEENTITANS._V347800305_SX1080_.jpg

Justice League Unlimited
maxresdefault.jpg

Young Justice
Webp.net_resizeimage__16_.0.png

Justice League Action
latest

818FvxbEolL._RI_.jpg

Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes
6910147-screen%20shot%202019-04-30%20at%2012.48.36%20am.png

X-Men
34bf9ae4ad6f.jpg

x-men-evolution-625x352.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Teen Titans >= Justice League Unlimited > Young Justice > everything else

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
You forgot Batman: The Brave and the Bold. I mean, my vote is for Justice League, but Brave and the Bold is so criminally underrated that it deserves a shoutout.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
critically thinking, Young Justice and Justice League DCAU are in another level

but I rewatch Justice League Action and Teen Titans Go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The Cadmus arc in JLU is so fucking strong. The way they did longform storytelling in the DCAU back in the day was the bomb.

OP
OP
Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Teen Titans >= Justice League Unlimited > Young Justice > everything else

I've been watching the OG Teen Titans show on the DC app, it's a lot more funnier than I remember it being. I know some people hate the anime esque animation, but I think it works well for the tone of that show.

It doesn't quite have the gravitas of something like JLU or Young Justice, but when the show gets serious it can be quite good too.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching the OG Teen Titans show on the DC app, it's a lot more funnier than I remember it being. I know some people hate the anime esque animation, but I think it works well for the tone of that show.

It doesn't quite have the gravitas of something like JLU or Young Justice, but when the show gets serious it can be quite good too.
I enjoyed everyone's dynamics.

Robin's with his feelings for Starfire, and his rivalry with Slade fueling his serious nature and leading to the creation of Red X

Cyborg and his acceptance of his machine body and his dynamic with Brother Blood and the Hive

Starfire and her feelings for Robin and rivalry with Blackfire interfering with her relationship with her people, and her "opposites attract" bond with Raven

Beast Boy and his dynamic with Raven and relationship with Terra, and his connection to his old team

Raven and her fear of her past/future

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Voted for JLA. My son watches it and....awesome.
I like the episode where we see Justice League era Batman and Blue Beetle spying on BTAS Batman with the old grappling hook and standing on top of a building while no one's looking going "I am vengeance, I am the night, I AM BATMAN!" and the one where Joker is forced to perform comedy and sucks at it. That's probably his greatest fear

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
JL/JLU is the fucking template to follow for super hero team up shows. It's downright incredible.

I honestly love Young Justice so much for the simple fact that it gave me the same feels JL/JLU.

Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes is also a very strong series. I felt crushed when it got canceled.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I like the episode where we see Justice League era Batman and Blue Beetle spying on BTAS Batman with the old grappling hook and standing on top of a building while no one's looking going "I am vengeance, I am the night, I AM BATMAN!" and the one where Joker is forced to perform comedy and sucks at it. That's probably his greatest fear
I'm a fan of anything with Firestorm. I've never read anything with him in it, but I seriously doubt he's the goofball they portray him in the show. Dude's hilarious.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I liked Teen Titans, Ninja Turtles, and some of the X-Men shows, but they never really came to close to Justice League, which strongly benefited from being the DCAU's swan song. I still remember watching the series premiere: It predictably kicked off with Batman and Superman, and there was something magical about watching those two specific versions of the characters, who formerly had their own animated shows that I grew up watching, now once again interacting and joined at the hip in a Justice League series featuring other familiar faces from those shows (Flash and Green Lantern), and new faces entirely (Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, and J'onn). Justice League Unlimited had the same effect with the way it expanded the team with characters like Zatanna (introduced in BTAS), Supergirl, Dr. Fate, and Steel (introduced in STAS), and new faces like Green Arrow (who kicked off the season and played a pivotal role throughout), Black Canary, Huntress, Vigilante, Shining Knight, and Vixen.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
JLU is in a league of its own. It still feels like the definitive Justice League lineup to me. It also went on long enough that B-listers got some breathing room.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes is super underrated though. The world felt lived-in in a way even the movies don't. And Season 2 upped the game by bringing in the extended Marvel cast and having a main Avenger replaced by a Skrull for half the season. It was shaping up to be something amazing before it was replaced with Avengers Assemble.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's Justice league. It's the definitive best take on the characters in all of DC media, print or otherwise. It's not even close.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's in contention between JLU, EMH, and YJ.

JLU probably has the lead - it really has nothing wrong with it. Strong cast, great performances, balance between serialized storytelling and villain-of-the-week stuff. Animation is rarely amazing, but doesn't ever let you down, either. And while the original JL is a bit iffy in spots, as a whole it's super consistent.

EMH pretty much takes the template of the DCAU and applies it to Marvel - like, in retrospect, it's an incredibly impressive show, considering how often they've dropped the ball. It struck that same storytelling balance, juggled a cast just as huge, and even more than the DCAU, did a phenomenal job adapting the entire Avengers history into a TV show. Like, the transition of Nick Fury from a 616 type design to the Ultimate one was inspired. I really need to give this one a rewatch. Of course, it was cut pretty short, and the back half of the second season wasn't as strong.

YJ is, of course, the absolute king when it comes to intricately plotted storylines and character dynamics. It's remarkably consistent, and creates a world that's just fascinating to read about - like, even just going through the wiki is a ton of fun. The animation has definitely taken a hit since the revival, but that doesn't necessarily bother me much... even if it can get distracting.

I don't think any of the others really compare. TT and X-Men: Evolution are both solid, but neither reach the heights of those three.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I enjoyed everyone's dynamics.

Robin's with his feelings for Starfire, and his rivalry with Slade fueling his serious nature and leading to the creation of Red X

Cyborg and his acceptance of his machine body and his dynamic with Brother Blood and the Hive

Starfire and her feelings for Robin and rivalry with Blackfire interfering with her relationship with her people, and her "opposites attract" bond with Raven

Beast Boy and his dynamic with Raven and relationship with Terra, and his connection to his old team

Raven and her fear of her past/future

Also Slade is one of the best animated villains ever:

JLU is in a league of its own. It still feels like the definitive Justice League lineup to me. It also went on long enough that B-listers got some breathing room.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes is super underrated though. The world felt lived-in in a way even the movies don't. And Season 2 upped the game by bringing in the extended Marvel cast and having a main Avenger replaced by a Skrull for half the season. It was shaping up to be something amazing before it was replaced with Avengers Assemble.

Avengers EMH had the potential to be Marvel's JLU. It was that good. Shame what happened in the second half of season 2 and it being cancelled.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
JLU easily

I do like Young Justice, though I haven't seen season 3

also I should probably go back and watch Teen Titans at some point

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017

So many amazing JLU episodes. Even not counting the Cadmus arc welding a bunch of seemingly unrelated episodes together (the Superfriends knockoffs, Galatea/Professor Hamilton, Task Force X, Luthor's presidential campaign etc) there's so many great one-offs like the Trial of Oa, the Once and Future Thing, the first episode with Joker and Ace, the Flash Museum... god, what a great show.

And the best part was when they went Unlimited and everybody started getting their own episodes. Booster Gold episode? Hell yeah. Stargirl episode? Hell yeah. Vigilantes episode? You better believe hell yeah.

OG Teen Titans was good as well, some of the Raven stuff really hit, they made Slade an incredible threat, and even Beast Boy got a chance to shine. And then there was the weird shit like Mad Mod and Control Freak... I like Young Justice from an arc point of view but it never quite matched it, though seeing a bunch of stuff like Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle was hella cool.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
JLU season 1 might be the best superhero story I've experienced, full stop

So many amazing JLU episodes. Even not counting the Cadmus arc welding a bunch of seemingly unrelated episodes together (the Superfriends knockoffs, Galatea/Professor Hamilton, Task Force X, Luthor's presidential campaign etc) there's so many great one-offs like the Trial of Oa, the Once and Future Thing, the first episode with Joker and Ace... god, what a great show.

They're talking about Justice League Action.

those two JLA episodes are hilarious btw—I should watch all of it.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So many amazing JLU episodes. Even not counting the Cadmus arc welding a bunch of seemingly unrelated episodes together (the Superfriends knockoffs, Galatea/Professor Hamilton, Task Force X, Luthor's presidential campaign etc) there's so many great one-offs like the Trial of Oa, the Once and Future Thing, the first episode with Joker and Ace... god, what a great show.

OG Teen Titans was good as well, some of the Raven stuff really hit, they made Slade an incredible threat, and even Beast Boy got a chance to shine. And then there was the weird shit like Mad Mod and Control Freak... I like Young Justice from an arc point of view but it never quite matched it, though seeing a bunch of stuff like Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle was hella cool.
Task Force X just makes the Suicide Squad movie seem so much worse

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
JLU season 1 might be the best superhero story I've experienced, full stop

They're talking about Justice League Action.

those two JLA episodes are hilarious btw—I should watch all of it.

The only thing I know about JLA is the episode where Mark Hamil voices literally everybody in the episode lmao

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Justice League and Avengers EMH are pretty damn fantastic DC/Marvel wise. Though honestly I'd probably replace JLU with Batman: Brave and the Bold just because of how sudden that show fell into my heart lol