• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's the best beverage to have with dinner?

• Water

Votes: 296 51.5%
  • Soda

Votes: 101 17.6%
  • Milk

Votes: 31 5.4%
  • Wine

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 50 8.7%
  • Tea

Votes: 25 4.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 14 2.4%

• Total voters

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
What do you feel is overall the best beverage to have with dinner? Of course it can be meal-dependent, but if you had to pick one, which would you choose?

I'd go with milk. It pairs well with most foods, it dampens my reflux, and it's tasty.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Depends.

Friday night beer. Saturday usually beer.

Most others times water, seltzer, or milk for me. And if we go out for dinner mid week (like tonight, kids eat free night at this Mexican restaurant) I'll get a diet coke usually. I try not to drink Sunday thru Friday but if I'm with other people who are drinking I usually want something "special" so DC it is. I'm really particular with seltzer and no restaurant has the soda water I usually like or if it's in the bottle like Perrier or the European one then it'll be too expensive for me to justify ... Like $3 for a fucking water with gas.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Depends on dinner. Wine can certainly be good and so can beer, again, depending on what you are doing. Also, a bit of red wine with dinner is fairly healthy and not an issue, just don't chug down a whole bottle :).

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Sparkling water is incredible once you get accustomed to it and get away from the sugary drinks man. It really is great, and its so much better for you on average while still maintaining some 'flavor'. Extremely low, barely noticeable amount of calories as well compared to stuff like milk, juices etc. Tea is probably another good one but I havent been able to find a tea flavor I like.

Its maddening, because if I could I would much prefer to have a warm drink in my repertoire to be honest.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
I just drink water and the a-ha/bubly sparking stuff now, but if I'm at a restaurant, then lemonade pairs well with any dinner. Especially strawberry or raspberry lemonade.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on what I'm eating. Always water (often sparkling) and then I may have wine or beer, depending on the meal (and also this is more common on the weekend).

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Water is what I go for most of the time, but a nice meal with a nice glass of wine is amazing.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
At home or fast food? A Coke Zero.

Dining out? A beer. Water too so that I stay hydrated when consuming alcohol.

OP
OP
HungryYellow

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
^ LOL

Water is popular and I understand why, but if I have water I immediately get indigestion which ruins the meal.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Water is the best in general for me.

One exception is pizza. I feel I need soda for that.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Depends entirely on the meal.

Blanket statement, water I guess if I have to choose only one.
Wine with chicken or fish.
Whiskey ginger with beef.