• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. Live and Learn is great and all but Supporting Me just goes a special kind of hard.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Supporting Me got that industrial electronica vibe to it, it's a classic. Also a big fan of the Meteor Herd instrumental, any of the Rouge tracks, Radical Highway, Green Forest....

SA2 soundtrack just kills.

I NEVER LOSE MY CONFIDENCE.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
images

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's a weirdly idiosyncratic vocal track by Sonic Adventure 2 standards. The rock riffs and vocals take a backseat for a change, only serving to complement a dark industrial electro beat with violin accompaniment. It stands out because of it and has a really immersive feel.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I will support you in helping you realise it's actually Escape from the City

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
It's funny I've been listening to the SA2 soundtrack recently and there are a lot of tracks I've overlooked. This being one of them.

Also Rumbling HWY slaps too.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
I never noticed the Live & Learn riff in Supporting Me until I saw someone point it out like last year or something and it destroyed my mind 🤯

Nucarn

Jan 15, 2020
Belgium
I was ready to fight you for not picking city escape, but I forgot how good supporting me is. You're cool OP.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
SA2 is jam-packed full of incredible bangers. I actually didn't come around to Supporting Me until more recently. GaMetal did a really good cover of it that opened my eyes to how good it is.

BUT, it's still either Live and Learn, Escape from the City, or It Doesn't Matter for me. It's almost certainly a nostalgia thing but SA2's entire aesthetic was etched onto my 11 year old soul forever when I first played it.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Radical Highway isn't the only song I remember from SA2, but I think it might be the only one I still like...

Please don't be mad at me SA2 fans.

Hellstruck

Jun 29, 2022
I've always hated that they made "I AM ALL OF MEEEEEEEEEEE" as Shadow's main theme instead of Supporting Me. To me there's 2 different Shadows: The SA2 // Sonic Heroes // Sonic 06 Shadow who is mellow and thoughtful and brooding, and then there's the edgy Shadow the Hedgehog/Modern Shadow.

I feel like the divide between these two songs perfectly encapsulates this.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Shadow's tracks were the best outside of Rail Canyon and Radical Highway.

Final Chase, Throw it All Away, White Jungle, Supporting Me.

OP
OP
The Adder

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

But the Generations version downplays the Live and Learn riff while the Forces version loses it entirely.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Yeah, I can't argue with that, OP. "Supporting Me" is the standout of an extremely good OST, and it really enhances the vibe of that fight against the Biolizard.

My other favorites are probably "Keys the Ruin" (Pyramid Cave), "Deep Inside Of" (last part of Cannon's Core), "Masters of the Desert" (King Boom Boo and Egg Golem fights), and "Rhythm and Balance" (White Jungle).

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Supporting Me is my second favorite track right behind Pumpkin Hill. SA2 was one of the first soundtrack CDs I ever owned as a youth and it was always in my CD player during long car rides. Perfect for imagining Sonic and Shadow running alongside the car on the freeway.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Thread got me in the mood to listen to the soundtrack on Spotify… but that was a bit of a frustrating experience. The tracks are spread over 3 different albums. Thank fuck for user created playlists bundling everything together.

(same shit on Apple music)

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly you could say any song on Sonic Adventure 2 is the best and I'd be inclined to go "hell yeah it is". Wall to wall bangers.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
But the Generations version downplays the Live and Learn riff while the Forces version loses it entirely.
I prefer the clearer vocals tbh. I'd say Forces has the most obvious Live and Learn bit though, the guitar makes it really clear compared to the others, It's only missing in the beta version.