N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Hollow Knight on Switch for 8$, I felt bad, should have payed full price, but payed full price when launched for PS4

Nov 17, 2019
Skyrim Legendary Edition. I've probably spent over 2000 hours modding and playing by now. I'll likely keep playing until Elder Scrolls 6 comes out.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Probably Fallout: NV. IIRC, I got it (and all DLC) for like $2.50 during a Steam sale - I was hesitant because of the issues at launch and not really being that huge on Fallout 3, but couldn't deny it at that price... Fallout 3 grew on me and I grew to love New Vegas, putting in a couple of hundred hours (mods were a big help with this).

tomasito99

Aug 6, 2020
Rayman on the 3DS. My brother bought a 3DS console and for like 10 extra bucks you could choose any game but he wasn't interested in no game so i used the voucher and picked Rayman. Came home and the game sucked so bad, so I sold it for 50 bucks. Best deal ever.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I traded an unusual hat in TF2 for a bundle that had Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim in it. Skyrim specifically I spent 500 hours playing on my Pc. It was a pretty good trade all things considered

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I spent probably 2,000+ hours playing Civilization II in my life and likely didn't pay more than $30 for it...if that.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Rayman on the 3DS. My brother bought a 3DS console and for like 10 extra bucks you could choose any game but he wasn't interested in no game so i used the voucher and picked Rayman. Came home and the game sucked so bad, so I sold it for 50 bucks. Best deal ever.
I like your interpretation of this thread.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's so replayable about the orange box? Isn't tjust like HL2 and family?

It's Half Life 2 , it's 2 Expanisons, Portal and Team Fortress 2.

I don't see people going through Half Life 2 multiple times but I remember people trying to see how fast they could beat Portal.

Team Fortress 2 is the big one as a lot of people spent hours on that game. It was/is one of the best multiplayer games ever.

Koeing

Nov 8, 2018
The Orange Box, FFXIV free trial, that month of Humble Monthly that had Crash and Spyro remastered and too many Steam, Xbox and PSN games I've picked up during sales to count.

What's so replayable about the orange box? Isn't tjust like HL2 and family?

It had Half Life, EP1 and EP2 which many people have played multiple times simply off the basis that those games are incredible. You also had Portal, which was short but sweet and of course, TF2 which was an incredibly fun multiplayer game which had official support for years as well as community-made levels.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I made $150 in Diablo 3, a $60 game

I think Starcraft 2 and Halo 2 have given me the most bang for my buck, with thousands and thousands of games played

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Halo 2 - I put at least 3400 hours into it, with my calculations.
No Man's Sky - I put in over 300 hours so far.
Myth II - Still playing it almost 23 years later.

As for cost to content?

Overcooked: All You Can Eat
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5.
Bethesda games... I guess.
Rockstar games... I guess.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Trackmania on PC. The number of free content and engine overhauls that game got was nuts. It wasn't even full priced when it was new.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I paid about £13 for Minecraft 10 years ago and haven't stopped playing it since, so it's gotta be that.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
When the extended edition was announced for the Witcher, a guy sold his copy to me on eBay for 99c.

He didn't realize that everyone who owned the game in any form got the EE for free.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apex Legends. Free game, 500+ hours on record.

If we aren't counting free games, Desert Golfing on android phones. It was $1.99 and I progressed past 1k holes on a couple phones. Super simple, but allowed me to pass the time on mobile without aimlessly browsing reddit/era or getting into the typical gatcha style games. It used to be endless, but eventually the developer added an "ending" that I've only seen on youtube. Still installed on my current phone.

play.google.com

Desert Golfing - Apps on Google Play

Golfing in an Endless Desert

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guild Wars 2 is the lead with around $100 spent and 8000 hours of fun.

Kasai

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Binding of Isaac

The flash game was what, 5-10$?

I've put thousands of hours into the game. I'm not as good as I once was, but back in my prime I was doing 3-6 successful runs a day and I was fucking good at it.

Now I'm just okay.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Recently, Hades. Even after beating the "final" boss, there's still so much game right after it. Even after all that you still have this sandbox like game where you can continue to experiment with new builds and strategies.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I got Super Metroid for $6 on clearance at Kmart when I was a kid. I still play the cart now.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I bought Age of Empires 2 and the expansion for like $20 back in the day and played for like 3000 hours.

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm technically far past it, the FFXIV free trial is almost comically absurd in just how generous it is in terms of content. Being able to play through the base game not to mention the incredible Heavensward expac without having to drop a dime is kind of astounding.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Futureshop(RIP) used to have E3 preorder deals where if you preordered 3 or more games, you got 33% off.

This meant $40 preorders on $60 games. The year Resident Evil 6 came out, They actually put up the $100 Anthology edition that included download codes for RE1, RE2, RE3, RE4 and RE5 Gold for $60 and eligible for the preorder deal.

I got all 6 RE games for $40.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There are so many great multiplayer games that I've sunk 100s of hours in all for 60$ or less.

Starcraft
Diablo 2
Unreal Tournament
Halo 2
Halo 3
Modern Warfare 2
Halo 5
Sea of Thieves
PubG
Apex Legends (free)

For single player games there are very few that keep me interested past the 20-30 hour mark but I can think of a few off the top of my head.

Fallout 4
Red Dead Redemption 2
Breath of the Wild
The Witcher 3

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
There are some F2P gatcha traps I've spent thousands of hours in and didn't pay a cent. Though....I'm not sure that's actually a good value....

Mindestens

Nov 20, 2017
Star Citizen. It's been 8 years since I spent 1$ on it, the hardware I'm using now is even older than the one I used back then (after my laptop from 2010 broke in 2019 I've used another two, the current one dates back to 2009) so even playing any of that alpha version is out of the question... HOWEVER, the value I received from that single buck in drama and giggling over the years with no stop in sight far exceeds my wildest expectations.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If we're putting hours to dollars, recently it's probably BOTW at around 300 hours for two playthroughs (and I'm considering a third). However, I find equal value in any game that provides good entertainment the whole way or most of the way through, regardless of cost/length.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Probably Diablo 3 on PS4.

My non-gaming husband and I put over 300 hours into it. He's hasn't played anything since. We're really looking forward to 4 and Immortal.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Geometry Wars 2. Untold hours spent on Pacifism mode chasing high scores. Amusingly, I barely touched the other 5 game modes.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft hands down. Bought it for 10 bucks in the beta I believe and spend atleast a thousand hours on it on vanilla and modded servers. Especially on the old sites minecraft server. It was glorious times, and I still Play it today.