• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I don't usually ignore threads, but this made me try it out. Just ignored the "boycott THQ"-thread. Something about it just rubs me off the wrong way and I'm utterly sick of these "drama"-threads. XYZ did something dumb? Fine make a thread about it. But anything afterwards just feels like it's made to stroke OP's own superior ego. If you have something to add, do it in the first thread.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anything with twitter-esque political discussion and outrage, especially when it descends into moral oneupmanship. I'm generally in agreement with the reason that people are outraged, but the discussion always lacks nuance and people generally want to affirm their position as non-problematic rather than discuss in good faith. Plus I do so much IRL political stuff that sometimes I just want to discuss video games for fun.

Also anything to do with the Epic Store/Steam Store stuff, which truly makes me want to claw my eyes out.

And any 'BOTW is overrated!', 'Nintendo Online sucks!!' or 'Nintendo are so anti-consumer!!!' thread.

I don't usually ignore threads, but this made me try it out. Just ignored the "boycott THQ"-thread. Something about it just rubs me off the wrong way and I'm utterly sick of these "drama"-threads.

Yeah I agree with this. That thread basically descended into "anyone who buys anything made by any company within the wider THQ family is a bad person" and feels both OTT and insincere.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
The last thread I ignored was the THQ Nordic/Deep Silver boycott thread. I ignore all the political/social issue threads because that's not what I come to this site to read about/discuss. I've also ignored all the different unpopular opinion threads since 99% of the opinions in them are just terrible hot takes and not worth reading.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
The one about "boy" being used in the gaming culture. Seems like one that would have made you irritated no matter your opinion.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I ignore one or two new "I didn't enjoy RDR2" threads every week since the game came out.

I mean... Ok. You're vegan. I get it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I hide all the thinly-veiled Et Cetera threads posted in the gaming section.

I love talking about video games with y'all, but man do I not want to hear everyone's political takes on any given topic. That's just not gonna be an interesting or reasoned discussion on any video game-focused internet board.

Feb 4, 2018
I've only ignored the KHIII spoiler thread because I was afraid of accidentally clicking on it. Otherwise, nothing. I've considered it though, every once and a while a thread really bums me out and I just don't want to see it anymore.

Jul 20, 2018
Idk I never ignore threads on purpose but the button is in just the right place for me to hit it by mistake so I'm probably ignoring a lot of threads for no reason.

Oct 27, 2017
I regularly spring-clean the front page.

Sales and PC troubleshooting/hardware threads make up the bulk but I'm not averse to ignoring anything related to games I've no interest in. DMCV recently for instance.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I ignore threads where people complain about character designs they don't like because they think everything has to appeal to them exclusively.

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
every non gaming thread in the gaming forum.

and with every I mean anything don't related with a game announcement or info... so any opinion thread or something a streamer said or did goes to the ignore list.

Deleted member 29909

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Probably something about the EGS, don't see what the big deal is other than people defending the status quo.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Probably the PDP one. I ignore every thread related to Youtubers/streamers pretty much.

ItsTheShoes

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anything slightly political, Pokemon, or kingdom hearts/FF related gets the ol ignore from me.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
I ignore threads (and members) ALL THE TIME.

It's a thing of beauty — great feature.

And yeah, the PDP thread is the last one I ignored, if I recall correctly.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I ignored several of the worst "Red Dead 2" is shit threads last year. I adored the game and playing it meant a lot to me. I don't mind people not liking it, but the number of one liner shit posts about the game got me feeling upset and compelled to reply, which never ended well. So I just started ignoring the threads and it made me enjoy using the forum more :)

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I agree with this. That thread basically descended into "anyone who buys anything made by any company within the wider THQ family is a bad person" and feels both OTT and insincere.
Yeah that's ridiculous. I didn't ignore the thread though, I just laugh to myself at all the dumbasses who actually think that way

It's amusing to see those posters who are trying to force other people to boycott stuff. Just mind your own business and boycott the things yourself, I have no problem with that. But don't tell anyone else to

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All that somehow relate to the real world or politics. I've been busy ignoring them these past few days.
This.
I ignore all the political-type gaming threads (including boycott threads or threads about sexuality) and just stick to the threads about actual particular games themselves.

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I never put any user or thread on ignore. I don't feel like ignoring everything that I might disagree with/get annoyed with really helps solve anything, and it just stifles discussion more and prevents people from learning anything. If there are certain threads I know are going to turn into a shitshow, I just skim over them. It's pretty easy to know what those ones will be.

Nov 4, 2018
I've been using the ignore feature a lot more recently and since then I've noticed my mood has been much happier since.

Any topics that have to do with BS confrontational, accusatory, and/or political crap have gone onto my ignore list.

Most recent was the PDP thread. Shit like that belongs on etcetera.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
From software games threads. With the launch of each new one there's inevitably like 10 threads always on the first page looking for tips for a new comer or close to it. I love their games but the sheer volume of threads grates on me. I'm petty.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ignore all of Heartskips threads. You can usually identify them by the title before you see the poster.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Not on the gaming side, but I usually ignore box office threads on Etcet because it's a dumb practice to keep track of since 99% of people don't have any real stake in how well movies do.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Any thread that is about Sekiro, Bloodborne, Nioh, or Souls. I am not interested in the series-es/genre and I feel there are *so many* threads about them that it winds up getting to me and being overdone.

I also ignore anything involving politics, which means staying away from EtcetEra for the most part.

moonbeam

Nov 11, 2017
I come here because I love games. I hide popular threads dealing with social issues, political issues, gender, sexuality, and so on. These can contain important topics but I don't think the Gaming Forum is a good place for them. Perhaps have them in EcterEra instead? When I come to the Gaming Forum, I'm interested in learning more about the games I love rather than being weighed down by more things that are wrong in the world.

Certain popular games with anime characters also get ignored. I find the character designs of some of these to be so bad that I just want to pretend they don't exist.

As others have mentioned, I would also love to be able to ignore threads without having to enter them (and have the feature built-in).

Oct 27, 2017
^^^ Said it much better than me

The thread about PewdiPie and the shooting. I ignore any political type thread since I don't really come to the gaming forum to read about those kind of things. Personal preference, but I really wish threads that are just barely tangent to gaming were moved to the etc forum instead. Since they're not, I just ignore them! :)

Oct 25, 2017
Any time there is someone who tweets something awful... and then someone posts about it ... and then ... surprise... everyone is awful in the thread... I can't take the hypocrisy ...

I want no part of it... so I ignore it to prevent myeslf from saying something against the hive mind and getting banned

it works out... I'm a happier guy cause of it too...

I only wish you didn't have to actually enter a thread to ignore it.

Yepppop this

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Easy. Everything with Astrobot on the title are ignored on sight (I have maybe 4 of these threads ignored). I think I don't have to say much but the overhyping on a pretty normal game and the insistence it's the best thing since the invention of fridges are annoying.

I'm almost ignoring the boycott THQ threads too, so much childish behaviour there.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some thread about that "boogie" youtuber from last year. Most of my thread ignores come from etc side mainly about sports ots that always stick annoyingly to the front page.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
The only thread I've ever ignored is the Why women criticize sexualised character designs thread. Not that criticism of such things is bad or even unwarranted, because they absolutely should be criticized. But being an artist myself, its really annoying to read a thread with good intentions be filled with next to nothing but arm-chair character designers with probably next to no actual skill or understanding of art spend a 100+ pages bitching about character designs they don't like for whatever reason.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Threads like the PewDiePie one, they should be in off-topic. How does that even relate to gaming? I block those.
Most politics related ones as well.

Though surprisingly I've only ignored only a single user here, some guy with a deus ex avatar. Though mostly I've liked this community for the short while I've been here. Maybe aside from a few times where people go full outrage mode.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I hide all the thinly-veiled Et Cetera threads posted in the gaming section.

I love talking about video games with y'all, but man do I not want to hear everyone's political takes on any given topic. That's just not gonna be an interesting or reasoned discussion on any video game-focused internet board.

then honestly find another forum to post in'

the number of people here who want to deny any social political discussion in games - such as representation of poc screams huge red flags to me. thats not what the community was founded on. its definitely not just about the games.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I should start ignoring Youtuber threads. People here are so obsessed with with people they claim to not care about, and make way too many threads about them.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
The Apex Legends thread. I don't play the game and it has one hell of a stupid fucking title.