• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
On the winter steam sales, I got rogue squadron 3D. But I think Hexplore is older. I was so glad when I found them on there because I thought tracking down a CD would be impossible.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
Recently bought Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and Planet Strike to play with the excellent Bstone source port (WASD + mouse controls!). Was not disappointed.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Must've been Silent Hill 2 on PS2 somewhere in 2019. Found it at a video game convention for like 20 bucks.

I mean, not that recent, but that's all I can think of.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Godzilla for Game Boy. It's a 1990 game. It's terrible.

But I was thinking about doing a Godzilla-inspired DMG mod, and the title screen would do well for the inevitable photoshoot.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been on a PS2 kick. Last week I bought Sly Cooper 1 and 3 along with Simpsons Road Rage. Played the latter a long time ago, but never the first two.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
The Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2, Curse of Monkey Island and The Dig last month. Already played both Monkey Island 1 and 2 and had a lot of fun with both of them!

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Purchased Knights of the Old Republic 2 on my series X last week. Not sure when I'll get to it but I wanted to own it.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm *assuming* this counts, although it's more of a remake: The Bard's Tale Trilogy on Steam, last year.

Just a few days ago I was thinking of buying Desperadoes, inspired by the release of Desperadoes III... up until I discovered that I did, in fact, already own it.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maximum Carnage for SNES.

Somebody traded it in at Gamestop in front of me and I was able to turn around and immediately buy it. A game I remember wanting real bad as a kid. Haven't hooked my SNES up to even see if it works, but honestly the nostalgia trip was worth it even if it's busted.

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
In December I was on a bit of a PlayStation nostalgia trip after the PS5 launch so grabbed a copy of World Cup 98 for PS1 & Tekken Tag Tournament for PS2 which were games I got with the console the day it was bought originally.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
A few weeks ago I bought classic Final Fantasy 7 for PS4, I haven't been able to get online on PS4 in my current residence so sadly have yet to play it, even over 20 years after it originally came out!

In terms of games I've actually played, Blade Runner.

Beatle

Dec 4, 2017
Sacrifice on steam, originally came out in 2000, really unique and advanced game for it's time, still nothing quite like it

ingame_16x9.png

Last edited:

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Warlords I, II, and III from GOG. Loved them as a kid and felt like I just had to buy them for that reason alone. Played them for a bit but since most of my time with them as a kid was playing hotseat with friends it didn't feel the same.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Not played. If it's been in your backlog / collection for years I don't wanna hear about it!

What old game did you buy recently?

I just picked up Lost Oddysey for Xbox 360, to play on Series X. It's on sale for ÂŁ5. Series X is my first Xbox so I missed this one. It's the oldest game I've bought in a long time.

*I have played some games recently of the same age on GamePass but I'm not counting that.
I bought Blue Dragon hoping to see it enhanced one day

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I don't buy old games, I buy new games then let them rot in my backlog for a year before I get round to them :)

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of Earth off of GOG. I own the Steam version, and I'm hoping this one has all bugs sorted out.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Silent Bomber on PS1. Rented it back in the day, loved it, never bought my own copy. But I own it now!

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on how recently. Just last week I bought several PS3 games and 3DS games and 2 weeks ago I upgraded some of my NES games (Mario 2, Turtles 2 Arcade) with mint complete copies.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gran Turismo 6 (2013) for PS3.

I've played GT 1-5 and Sport but never GT6. I like it a lot more than GT5 so far. I wish Polyphony ported it to PS4 though.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
Most recent one was probably Dead Space 2 for the PS3, originally released in 2011. Just started playing it.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
I picked up (and finished) Vanquish on PS4.

I have a copy on 360, and had meant to play if for years. It's unlikely I'll plug the 360 in again anytime soon, so when it went on sale on PSN last month I double dipped.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I bought the Japanese version of The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse (SFC) not too long ago, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I buy older games all the time.

not_smiff

Oct 31, 2017
Half Life 1+2
Just got into pc gaming a few months ago and have never played these. Going to do a whole Valve library run thru this year.