• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
They are just getting the filler content out of the way.
Cross posting from another thread:

Here's what confuses me about all these Twitter announcements:

These are the types of announcements Nintendo would fill their directs in; we've seen it time and time again. Don't give me the "getting the filler out of the way" reason because they've wasted so much time on less important things in so many directs. To give out the release date and trailer for one of your big H1 first party games haphazardly is weird on its own. They didn't do that for Kirby Star Allies last year, and that was technically an even closer release date.

If the direct is filled with filler, already known old ports/release dates, then I'm going to question the sanity of the one who decides what gets in and what doesn't. Don't be afraid to have a longer, more full direct. The last thing people want is for the announcements to end when watching lol

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think one of three things has happened:
-Direct was delayed a week, companies that didn't want to delay their marketing push have decided to jump the gun.
-Direct was cancelled (at least for Jan), and similar to the above, companies have pushed on with their marketing.
-Direct has plenty to announce, content has now been confirmed, and these are the games that didn't make the cut. Thus they are being announced separately.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
they are sick of people that the Direct was awful so they said fuck it, announce everything on twitter and fuck those guys

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Nothing they've given dates for has warranted a direct so whatever. They're all games we knew about, save the new stuff for the direct at this point instead of padding it with release dates and footage of games that have been out for 17 years.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I think one of three things has happened:
-Direct was delayed a week, companies that didn't want to delay their marketing push have decided to jump the gun.
-Direct was cancelled (at least for Jan), and similar to the above, companies have pushed on with their marketing.
-Direct has plenty to announce, content has now been confirmed, and these are the games that didn't make the cut. Thus they are being announced separately.
Or it won't be a general Direct but a Fire Emblem or Pokémon one.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Of the announcements we've gotten..

I feel only Yoshi and Dragons Dogma is a bit baffling.. Kirby being the lone 3DS game left probably wouldnt be featured, the FF games has been featured in a direct already so them being in one again I dont feel is likely. I'm still feel a Direct is coming in January, they arent going to skip their best marketing tool they have.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So Nintendo tweets out dates for games that were already shown in a previous direct and some people panic and assume there won't be a Nintendo direct?

Did you expect to see these games announced a second time in a row in a direct?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Really hoping this is because the Direct is going to be heavy on FE and AC info and they want to get this info out there on its own.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of the announcements we've gotten..

I feel only Yoshi and Dragons Dogma is a bit baffling.. Kirby being the lone 3DS game left probably wouldnt be featured, the FF games has been featured in a direct already so them being in one again I dont feel is likely. I'm still feel a Direct is coming in January, they arent going to skip their best marketing tool they have.
The Dragon's Dogma one isn't that surprising. Capcom are planning on porting several Resident Evil titles to the Switch, and since we haven't heard anything of that since the formal announcement, it's more than likely that they're saving that for the Direct, which will be a bigger deal for them. Most likely Capcom got a limited timeslot for their own announcements, so they decided to give it to the Resi ports.

Yoshi is the only real outlier and question mark, but given that it's just a story trailer, they can get away with showing it more on the Direct since they usually present stuff there in clipshow format.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're trying a new format to see if these announcements get more engagement than they would have as part of a direct.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The next direct will have big gun announcements - getting the obvious ones out of the way.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If this was a direct than they fuck up badly. The amount of people a direct reaches vs a random tweet means most of those info are not reaching who they were supposed to hit

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
The Dragon's Dogma one isn't that surprising. Capcom are planning on porting several Resident Evil titles to the Switch, and since we haven't heard anything of that since the formal announcement, it's more than likely that they're saving that for the Direct, which will be a bigger deal for them. Most likely Capcom got a limited timeslot for their own announcements, so they decided to give it to the Resi ports.

Yoshi is the only real outlier and question mark, but given that it's just a story trailer, they can get away with showing it more on the Direct since they usually present stuff there in clipshow format.

FWIW, they did a half hour gameplay session on the Yoshi game not long ago.

(Apparently, Dragon's Dogma was never planned to be shown in the upcoming Direct, said my uncle at Nintendo.)

Oct 27, 2017
The only I can think is if there is a direct they wanted Yoshi and Kirby out of the way so they can focus on summer releases: FE, AC and Town

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017

Sure, what I meant was that it was the only other game outside of Yoshi that really fit the bill for a direct of the recent twitter announcements.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
King Zell said a Direct is coming and I believe him. Those Twitter Annoucements are no indication for a cancelled Direct.
If we are in May and nothing happen: then, Ladies and Gentleman, we can spread the word...and you know what word it is.

Insiders were told a million thing about Nintendo that didn't happen or didn't go as planned.

Metroid at TGA for example, NSMB in the holiday, and other things that people didn't talk about.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You guys are acting crazy because of these announcements! Chill!
A direct will come when it comes.

And well I liked the announcements, stuff that doesn't need too much time to be announced.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Why are you guys so impatient for a glorified commercial

Relax lmao

Why are you excited about E3? It's the same principle. You want to know about the big games, the big stuffs coming.

Directs are essentially multiple E3s happening throughout the year: you know they do these essentially to show their big exclusives first and foremost and then yes you do also get little announcements like Yoshi's release date, but the big exclusives get the bigger spots.

So the real question should be: Why are you not excited about a Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.