nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Stuffing/dressing and gravy are the best parts. Turkey is then mostly made good by the gravy, as least in traditional preparations. Mashed potatoes are always great of course. Most of the other staples are fine too.

As a Canadian, I don't really understand sweet potatoes with marshmallows on them. Not a tradition where I'm from, and not something that appeals to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Best: stuffing and turkey
rolls, mashed, and mac don't really count as they are around all year.(hell weekly for me)

Worst: Green Bean Casserole

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Favorite: Anything really as long as its not sweet potatoes. Its hard to choose if I'm being honest.

Least Favorite: Sweet Potatoes. Its one of the few foods I actually hate. The taste is just bad.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Stuffing is the best, although really...unless it's an overcooked turkey then everything is pretty good.

Except for sweet potatoes, especially sweet potato casserole. It's better off just thrown in the trash.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Favorite: sweet potato pie
Least favorite: everything else

I'm just not into the thanksgiving mainstays. Especially since my family makes it the same way every single time, you've had it once you've had it a million times. I'll just order some sushi or something.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Made properly, can't beat that luscious turkey breast drizzled with turkey gravy. Mmmmmm...

Least fave would probably be cranberry sauce cuz that shit fucks up my innards something awful.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of hate for cranberry sauce, ha. I used to dislike it until a family member decided to make it instead of using the can, and it's fucking delicious. I have a local bakery that does an amazing Jack Daniel's Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie and that's something I look forward to getting every year.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Cranberry sauce is my favorite. Or one of my favorites, idk. But the only time I eat I'd Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I look forward to it a lot.

Stuffing is up there. My mom makes macaroni and cheese from scratch, with cubes of cheddar and tomatoes. I love it, but we have it regularly when we all get together (about once a month) so it's no big deal as far as holidays go.

My least favorite is green bean casserole (the one thing I never eat). Oven turkey is the lowest thing I might eat. Deep fried turkey is okay, and smoked turkey is a winner.

I'm not wasting room on any sort of potato or roll, either. That shit can wait for leftovers the next day.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
cranberry-sauce-563x414.jpg
I can hear the sucking sound it made when it came out of the can and plopped on the plate.

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite(s) : Green bean casserole and stuffing are S-tier. I feel sorry for y'all that haven't had good experiences with those two.

A-tier: Bread rolls, corn bread, mac and cheese, mash potatoes and gravy. LOVE IT! For deserts I'd say pumpkin pie with whipping cream and a scoop of ice cream on the side is great. Pecan pie is a Texas staple, so that too!

Hit or Miss: Turkey is honestly fine as long as I'm not the one cooking the beast lol. I guess I like both white meat and dark meat. I've had some really tasty and moist turkey TBH (almost always needs gravy, so hit or miss without it)

Least Favorite(s): I'd have to agree with most of y'all and say sweet potato pie, cranberry sauces, etc. Not a fan, but I'll try it if it's homemade obviously. I'm NOT in the business of hurting peoples feelings. I don't hate anything related to Thanksgiving cuisine, though. Those are just my LEAST favorite items lol.

Last edited:

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Best: Gravy, turkey, potatoes, green bean casseroles, stuffing

Worst: Sweet potato anything, pumpkin anything

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All this sweet potato slander, fuck outta here.

Best: Candied Yams/Stuffing

Worst: Green Bean Casserole

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Turkey, when done well, is my favorite. Stuffing is number 2

Least favorite is cranberry sauce. Get it away from me

Also, fuck sweet potatoes and fuck pumpkin pie.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
My oma used to make me lasagna to go on the side. Like, in addition to the turkey and stuffing and potatoes and stuff. I was so spoiled. So that wins?

Or...

Best: Dark meat
Worst: White meat

Or...

Best: My wife's turkey when she peels back the skin and rubs it with herbs and butter.
Worst: Anybody else's turkey.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing all at the very top.

Sweet potatoes at the absolute bottom. No time (or room) for any of that.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Non-US here, although my ex who I was with for 2+ years is from there. Not super familiar with all the dishes or what a platonic ideal of a TG meal would be, BUT the stuff I've made at home that I liked the best was stuffing and gravy. Sweet potato mash can get too sweet for me, but I also like that when done to my liking.

Turkey can eat a bag of dicks, though. I'd rather just cook a high-quality chicken.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Fresh dinner rolls and gravy (on anything) are my favorites.

Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potatoes are trash.

Mar 23, 2019
Favorite: stuffing, carrot salad, potato salad, baked mac and cheese, apple pie

Least favorite: collard greens, dry overcooked turkey

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
Least favorite: Turkey - fuck this weird ass tasting chicken. I can't abide the smell or the taste.
Favorite: Broccoli casserole, candied sweet potatoes, stuffing, gravy.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
least favorite: green bean casserole, cheap stuffing (stove top is gross, I'm sorry)
favorite: dark meat turkey, squash (if you have it), any pies

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering how anyone could so vehemently dislike sweet potato pie, then I saw the pictures y'all were posting with the marshmallows and...I feel sorry for y'all. Yeah, keep that shit away from me.

Any, probably my favorite dish is the collard greens. Adds so much flavor and life to any plate, and combos so well with everything. Least favorite is probably cranberry sauce, because it mostly serves to not have the turkey be as dry as it usually is, and there are much better foods and sauces to handle that.

Dec 31, 2017
I usually finds thre sides the best. Mash potatoes, roast veggies. Also the pumpkin pie and other desserts.

Turkey is a subpar meat to chicken and doesn't really excite me.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Stuffing and gravy are my favorite.

Green Bean Casserole is terrible. I'd rather eat canned spinach.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fav: the stuffing that cooks in the bird, green bean casserole, apple pie
Neutral: Turkey, mashed, gravy
Can F* off: pumpkin pie, anything sweet potato

Space Acorn

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
If I can make it a combo, then turkey and stuffing. I always eat them together and it's my favourite. Otherwise, sweet potatoes. My family always makes them mashed with bacon pieces inside. So good. I am confused and somewhat disgusted however by the concept of sweet potatoes with marshmallows that seems common.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
why do y'all still call it stuffing when it isn't getting stuffed in the bird.

it's dressing.
I literally learned this a few weeks ago. I saw a video about Thanksgiving dressing and was like "why the fuck does there need to be a specific Thanksgiving salad dressing". Stuffing is stuffing, stuffed or not!

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Best: Bourbon Pecan Pie - I will be baking these tomorrow!

Worst: Any sort of salad. It's Thanksgiving. Gtfoh with that filling, healthy bs.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I can't really pick between stuffing and apple pie, so I'll say both. It doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving if I don't eat lots of stuffing and pie.

On the flip side, I don't really hate any thanksgiving foods but ironically I'd be perfectly fine without turkey.