Favorite Adventure/Puzzle Series

• The Mummy

Votes: 55 59.8%
  • National Treasure

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Robert Langdon (Da Vinci code, Angels & Demons, Inferno)

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
We've got the Mummy with off the charts chemistry between Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz with two solid entries and a third movie that does not exist.

National Treasure with peak Nic Cage and Diane Kruger with a really good first movie and average but still fun second movie.

and the Robert Langdon Movies (Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and Inferno) with Tom Hanks and a different female lead every movie.

My overall favorite movie is National Treasure 1. For series it might be mummy but i didnt like how they went with the same villain with the same gimmick again. And Robert Langdon movies seem to take themselves too seriously whereas the other two have lots of humor interspersed.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Its Relic Hunter
relichunter.png

Used to love watching this after school

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Mummy is two highly enjoyable films with a bonus of incredible cgi on the rock for the second.
National Treasure is eh
dan brown stuff was excruciating garbo for the first, didn't watch the others

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I have to go with National Treasure, the 2nd movie wasn't as strong as the 1st but was still good. I love the 1st two Mummy movies as well, but the 3rd was pretty bad. But if I had to choose between the two it would be National Treasure. I only watched the first Langdon movie, Da Vinci Code and it was fine, but just kind of meh.

OP
OP
captive

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Its Relic Hunter
relichunter.png

Used to love watching this after school
never heard of it.

with a bonus of incredible cgi on the rock for the second.
incredibly bad you mean, right?
I only watched the first Langdon movie, Da Vinci Code and it was fine, but just kind of meh.
we watched Angels and Demons this weekend, I actually liked it better than the first.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Surely Romancing the Stone/The Jewel of the Nile should be an option? It sure as hell is better than National Treasure or Langdon films.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
The first Mummy. I don't like any of the others in that poll, to be honest about it.

Rukland

Oct 28, 2017
Voted The Mummy, glad to see chairthrow.gif already posted. While I like National Treasure (both 1&2) the first Mummy is just so good that anytime it comes on I pretty much stop everything and watch it. The 2nd is still fun but misses some of the magic of the first.

Oct 28, 2017
National Treasure is a better Da Vinci Code movie than the Da Vinci Code movie. The Da Vinci Code movie forgot it was based on a pulpy nonsense book and tried to be way to damn serious.

OP
OP
captive

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
National Treasure is a better Da Vinci Code movie than the Da Vinci Code movie. The Da Vinci Code movie forgot it was based on a pulpy nonsense book and tried to be way to damn serious.
yes, said it in the op but the the Langdon movies really take themselves too seriously.

National Treasure is great and i will not suffer any besmirching of it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Why isn't the Librarian a choice?(or if we're talking tv period, librarians/Warehouse 13)

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Does Guardians of the Galaxy count? Easily my favourite MCU films and they give me that classic adventure vibe for sure even if they have the sci-fi setting. Kinda like how Star Wars is more fantasy even though it has the sci-fi setting.

I only really liked the first Mummy and first National Treasure. The sequels didn't quite do it for me. In fact, I can't even remember a single detail about the National Treasure sequel.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I feel like all three of these are like different genres, and it's hard to pick a favorite. My favorite Indiana Jones style movie series would probably be The Librarian or The Mummy.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
National Treasure is the best of these as a series, the first Mummy movie is the best movie in any of these, but none of these series have a movie that's better than a 7/10 imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the Mummy movies as they were first coming out, but rewatching the first recently and boy howdy do they indiscriminately murder a lot of brown people.

OP
OP
captive

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
It isn't. But picking it anyway, as it's better than any of the other series.
doubtful.

I only really liked the first Mummy and first National Treasure. The sequels didn't quite do it for me. In fact, I can't even remember a single detail about the National Treasure sequel.
he literally kidnaps the president!
I think the first Pirates of the Caribbean could be on here, and I love it.
i debated putting pirates on there, but i felt like they are more pirate movies than just puzzle solving adventure movies.