• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Cookout today and noticed I get the same shit every time. Big Double with lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, onion, and mayo. My sides are fries and a chicken quesadilla. Got me curious about what people prefer because the person in front of me was going ham talking about spicy chicken sandwiches and hot dogs.

Era, what is your favorite Cookout tray combo?

Side question, what the hell does double up mean exactly? Can I get 2 Big Doubles with fries or just 2 Big doubles and a drink?

348s.jpg

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get trays because the Huge burgers aren't available, only Big. I get Huge Out West-style burgers when I eat there, along with 2x orders of quesadillas (one beef, one chicken, but they always get confused and think I want an order of two quesadillas with one beef, one chicken) and Cajun fries.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never been but I want to try a spicy and cajun chicken with fancywine

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Big double burger with lettuce, mayo, ketchup, cheese and tomato
Onion rings (or fries depending on how hungry I am)
Crispy chicken wrap with ranch
Large Cheerwine

The sides I switch up sometimes though, the quesadillas are really good.
Cookout is legit the best fast food restaurant on the east coast by a mile. Can't beat the quality of the food you get for the price.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Just went to cookout for the first time while I was in Atlanta a few weeks ago. I'd be fucking dead if I lived anywhere near one. We ate there 3 times in a 4 day trip. I got the pulled pork tray, the burger tray, and then milkshakes the third day. It was so good

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Chicken strips
Cajun Fries
Hushpuppies
1 Cookout sauce and 1 BBQ which I then mix
Chocolate chip mint shake if I'm in the mood for a shake, Cheerwine if not.

Been ordering the same thing from there since high school. CCM is easily the best shake flavor.
What's a fancy shake?

Cookout has like 50 different shakes and you can mix them.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Big double with cheese, ketchup, mustard, and pickles, with a bacon wrap, fries, and a mint oreo shake used to be my go to Saturday night meal back when I lived in Atlanta.

Been almost two years now since I've had any, since they don't exist in Florida :/

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I usually just get a double burger with cheese, a honey mustard chicken wrap and fries with Cheerwine.

I try not to eat like garbage anymore but every now and then I can't resist.

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
What's a fancy shake?

You can add a shake instead of a soda for a dollar more. They have a large selection to choose from and you can mix match. Pretty much whatever you want. I suggest the cheese cake shake if you go.

Is the food any good? That price seems way too low

I like it. Its obviously not some gourmet restaurant so its good for the price. Worth trying out if you have one.

Though, they do b.s. on some things. If you order fries you can tell someone grabbed as much as they could, but if you order onion rings you get like 3-4 small to medium sized ones.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a slut for the quesadilla and double burger. Gotta go fries and a shake.
I miss living 1 minute walking distance from one...

Real

Oct 28, 2017
We've been tryin to tell y'all that COOKOUT is revolutionary. Fuck Ten guys. Fuck an Out N In, fuck a duck shack. Cookout is where it's at.

LMAOOOOOO.

I remember me and my homeboys discovering the Cookout on our college campus one late night after drinking. It was like the gates of heaven opened.

Big Double Burger, everything + bacon.
Hush Puppies
Chicken Quesadilla (well-done)
Peach Cobbler Milkshake

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think of getting quesadillas as my entree and then doubling up on quesadillas. Fuck, I've been doing this wrong.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Spicy
Tray Queso
Tray Pup
Huge Tea

Spicy Chicken Sandwich Tray
Chicken Quesadilla
Hushpuppies
Huge Tea

If I'm feeling extra hungry I'll get one of their chicken wraps on the side

I used to love their cheesecake milkshakes (particularly the caramel one) but they went from big cheesecake chunks to more of a puree or something a few years ago and they just ain't the same. But I don't get milkshakes often anyway 'cause after all that food they're too damn heavy and I can never finish them.

Nice to see all the Cheerwine love in here! When I ain't feelin' a Huge Tea I go right for the Cheerwine Float.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Wait are you telling me that all of those choices together is $5? The main, two sides and soda? For $5?

Yea. Well, they charge extra for cheese if you want it on your burger so sometimes it ends up being like 6 bucks and some change. However, nothing beats it on a drunk night. You keep it simple its one of the best deals out there for fast food. Those char-grilled burgers are no joke.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Man I love CookOut. That price to quality ratio is perfect.

Big double burger with lettuce, mayo, ketchup, cheese and tomato
Onion rings (or fries depending on how hungry I am)
Crispy chicken wrap with ranch
Large Cheerwine

The sides I switch up sometimes though, the quesadillas are really good.
Cookout is legit the best fast food restaurant on the east coast by a mile. Can't beat the quality of the food you get for the price.
I get the exact same. Ill go with a double chocolate cherry shake if im feeling a little wild.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
Spicy chicken sandwich, plain
Fries
Corn dog
Huge tea

That's essentially my order every time I go. I used to go cajun fries, but found that I was happier having more non-spicy sides to offset the sandwich itself. I occasionally swap in a quesadilla for the fries, but, come on, those fries are great even without the cajun spice. And, if I'm going for a shake, I'll select one of the cheesecake options; I think we're still getting an entirely slice of dirt cheap cheesecake dumped into the cup at my local Cookouts.

Damnit, now I want Cookout.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I used to love their cheesecake milkshakes but they went from big cheesecake chunks to more of a puree or something a few years ago and they just ain't the same. But I don't get milkshakes often anyway 'cause after all that food they're too damn heavy and I can never finish them.

Nice to see all the Cheerwine love in here! When I ain't feelin' a Huge Tea I go right for the Cheerwine Float.
Actually they still just throw in a slice of cheesecake in a cup and make the shake. Your just running into the person on shake duty overdoing the mixing to point where nothing is solid anymore. Also yeah Cheerwine is great!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The cajun grilled chicken sandwich is underrated too, if I'm not feeling like eating a burger then I get that.

I honestly struggle to think of anything I've had at Cookout that wasn't good. Maybe the chicken nuggets but it's been years since I've gotten those there.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Damnit, now I want Cookout.

I'm probably going tomorrow because of this thread. I have night class and there's one right down the road.

This person knows what they're talking about. Nothing better than Cookout at 3 a.m. after a night of fun.

I don't give a shit to double post.

We've actually had this exact conversation before haha.

I've been doing drunk Cookout since before I was able to legally drink.

I honestly struggle to think of anything I've had at Cookout that wasn't good. Maybe the chicken nuggets but it's been years since I've gotten those there.

Nuggets aren't great but it's no biggie since there are so many other options if you want to add a snack of something on top of your tray.