SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
The subject is the next Monster Hunter game for Nintendo Switch.

When do you think Capcom will release it? Sometime in 2019, or not until 2020?

Do you think the next Monster Hunter for the Nintendo platform will be exclusively designed from the ground up for Switch, or will it also be made for 3DS,

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate originated on 3DS hardware (Double Cross), an extension of Monster Hunter Generations, and ported to Switch early last 2017, before being released here in August.

So I figure by the time the next Monster Hunter game comes out for the Nintendo platform(s), the Switch will be roughly 2.5 years (Fall 2019) to 3 years old (Spring 2020).

My hope is, Capcom is developing it to take full advantage of Switch hardware, and finally leave the far less capable 3DS behind.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I was thinking they'd announce it at TGS, but I guess it was too close to World and they're going for another strategy.
I still think it could be fall 2019 (in Japan, not worldwide release like world) given Capcom's schedule. That said, given how bad their support is on Switch, and how they don't really look like they want to change that quickly...

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
We just got one and MHW sales stomped it into the fucking earth, so... don't hold your breath. Capcom's going to be focusing on more powerful platforms going forward. It's unlikely that Capcom will put as much as an emphasis on portable after MHW became literally their most successful game ever.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I don't know that there will be one. World is their best selling game of all time, and they achieved that by bringing the series to more powerful platforms.

OP
OP
SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
We just got one and MHW sales stomped it into the fucking earth, so... don't hold your breath. Capcom's going to be focusing on more powerful platforms going forward. It's unlikely that Capcom will put as much as an emphasis on portable after MHW became literally their most successful game ever.

Capcom has two separate teams building MH games.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I think Monster Hunter World will come to the Switch via the cloud quickly.

And the next handheld Monster Hunter will probably be exclusive to the Switch. I don't know when it will launch, but maybe in 2019 If it's the team who made Monster Hunter XX.

Sev

Oct 27, 2017
MH has rarely gone without yearly releases, so I'd guess 2010 at most, if not late 2019.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I expect a World G next year followed by a cleaned up remaster for PS5/Xbox Scarlet. Still dont think they will suddenly make one exclusive MH game for the Switch considering their support of the platform but hey maybe we will get a Stories HD.

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Why so aggressive tho

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ib9myHW.png

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would be shocked if they dont get World 2 running on Switch somehow. It could run like shit and look like shit but if can be ported, capcom will port it

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
We just got one and MHW sales stomped it into the fucking earth, so...
Wow, breaking news from internet tough guy. A brand new AAA PS4 game outsold a port of a two year old 3ds game, are you kidding me? I don't want to take up too much of your time because I'm sure several intelligence agencies are vying for your skills as an analyst, but did you ever consider that sales expectations are different based on platform, budget and marketing and that maybe MHGU sold well enough to warrant some new development on the Switch, a platform that's doing fairly well since it launched?

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Never, i think Capcom is done with MH on Nintendo

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I don't see why the success of MHW on PS4 should mean the end of MH Portable games. There clearly is room for both. Tri coexisted with the portable ones at the time e.g.
They could also make even more money with developing more MH rather than less. The missing legs on MHW in Japan as well as the passable numbers of MHXX Switch (for such a late port) have also shown that there's still a market for portable MH in general. They'd be pretty dumb to ignore this and not play to the strengths of either hardware capabilities. Build new home console games on the foundation World created and try to set something up for the Switch, be it by either porting over World stuff as far as possible or mostly from the ground up.

Oct 29, 2017
Never. Capcom don't want to put any effort into supporting the platform. It isn't even guaranteed to get table scrap ports from them, let alone an actual, new Monster Hunter game.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how well MHGU sold. I play both games, so I don't care about the fighting. MHW through the cloud actually sounds like a smart idea to me.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think late 2019. hopefully a WW release.

calm down sweetie.

Never, i think Capcom is done with MH on Nintendo
oh this is gonna be of thos threads. people already got MHW, don't know why some of yall are feeling so threatened by the POSSIBILITY of a new MH game on switch.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
The Portable team hasn't been seen since XX on the Switch, which was an up-port of an expansion. So I think a 2019 release is feasible and would be a pretty good idea.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
A brand NEW MH game.

Good news.

edit for more, from IGN:
Capcom wouldn't confirm or deny the translation when asked by IGN, but did provide a statement along similar lines:

"The current focus for the Monster Hunter brand continues to be with the launch of Monster Hunter World for home consoles and PC whilst we also continue to bring the series to handhold platforms with the upcoming release in the West of Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Nintendo Switch".

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
I doubt there will be another 3DS game. Any new MH going forwards will have new assets.

Oct 27, 2017
lol yeah. it's super clear. pretty stupid how some people saw MHW as some sort of victory for their console wars.

...yeah that's what it is, sure.

Please. All he said was that MHW did extremely well and caught Capcom off guard. It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to see Capcom be a little more restrained with MH on Switch since they are going to have to make two different games with the team they have now. He was the one who got jumped on from the start about being "aggressive". It's obvious who are the ones upset in this thread.