Morisaki

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe a Monster Hunter Stories port for 2019/2020? Or maybe a Monster Hunter Frontier port? I personally wouldn't expect too much from Capcom regarding Switch as their have demonstrated many times over the last two years that Switch is an afterthought for them.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a Monster Hunter Stories port for 2019/2020? Or maybe a Monster Hunter Frontier port? I personally wouldn't expect too much from Capcom regarding Switch as their have demonstrated many times over the last two years that Switch is an afterthought for them.
the time for a monster hunter stories port was a long time ago, probably around the mobile port at the latest. there's not much to be gained now unless they want to re-advertise it

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Lol this thread is kind of funny. It used to be the other way around where the portable fans were defending against a console version. In reality? Capcoms going to do whatever it thinks is going to make money lol. I'm sure Switch will get one at some point. Right now they want to make DLC for World so I'm assuming that's going to be the focus for a while. 2020 is the earliest IMO, but probably even later than that like 2021.

Capcom is going to want to put it on as many things as it can that makes money because they already mentioned how much more work they have to put in to make these newer games so if whatever it is can run on Switch in some form, it'll be there since Switch is much bigger in Japan too (recent sales interest not install base yet).

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I've invested more time in the series than 99.9% of you (thousands!). I don't think Capcom is doing anything for the Switch and it will stay that way for a long time. Capcom is done with Nintendo, and I'm done with Capcom's cash-grab ports on Switch. If you can't see what's going on. I'm sorry you're getting your hopes up.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've invested more time in the series than 99.9% of you (thousands!). I don't think Capcom is doing anything for the Switch and it will stay that way for a long time. Capcom is done with Nintendo, and I'm done with Capcom's cash-grab ports on Switch. If you can't see what's going on. I'm sorry you're getting your hopes up.
I didn't know playing a game gave insight to a corporation's plans lmao

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
capcom is the worst japanese supporter for switch by miles. I don't expect any other monster hunter game

they'll port some other ps2/3ds titles though -.-'

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2020 ar the earliest, although I wouldn't be surprised at early 2021. They aren't going to release a new game in the same year as the big G rank expansion for World.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why ppl expecting Capcom to give Nintendo a exclusive Monhun game for free. Nintendo has to pay fully for it or I'd doesn't make any sense. I can see a smaller spinoff game on all platforms in 2020 tho.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why ppl expecting Capcom to give Nintendo a exclusive Monhun game for free. Nintendo has to pay fully for it or I'd doesn't make any sense. I can see a smaller spinoff game on all platforms in 2020 tho.
Well they're not likely to make a Monster Hunter World caliber title or port for it so a lower budget Monster Hunter exclusive would make sense. It's not as if the PS4/XB1/PC audience would need it. That being said, with Capcom's overall disinterest with the Switch, I wouldn't expect anything as notable as that

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
While I don't think it will happen, I would love for the "portable" line of games to continue on the Switch. I think there is still room for the more "traditional" type of MH games, or at least I hope so. =/

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I have doubts with current Capcom. They don't seem interested in the Switch at all. Nothing but ports. Portable MH is as good as dead with how MHW turned out.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This still largely depends on what Capcom's plans are for the mainline games after World. The series can pull off consistently high sales in Japan with yearly releases but the sustainability of MHW in the West isn't proven yet (obviously). We also know they want to transition into a GaaS model which will definitely impact their development pipeline and might even affect the Generations team. The question Capcom is going to have to ask themselves is, do they put all their eggs into one basket in order to capitalize on the massive success of MHW or do they try to mitigate risk by having two series run concurrently. That's not to say that MH on Switch would be as successful as it was on PSP or 3DS.

Basically, there's way too many factors at play here and anyone making definitive statements about a Switch game is talking out of their ass.